• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official Pro Evolution Soccer 4 Thread

No, no X-Port for me either. I have a proper console in the form of a PS2 though, so...

Licenses would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Aug 30 2004, 10:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Aug 30 2004, 10:36 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woodie
@Aug 30 2004, 09:54 AM
No stupid off the ball controls
Shouldn't any sports game have some sort of off the ball controls for the very very advanced? [/b]
Perhaps...................but if the AI of these players is excellent (ie. PES series) why would you want to????

Originally posted by NZL fan+Aug 31 2004, 10:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Aug 31 2004, 10:18 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Aug 30 2004, 10:36 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-woodie

Shouldn't any sports game have some sort of off the ball controls for the very very advanced?
Perhaps...................but if the AI of these players is excellent (ie. PES series) why would you want to???? [/b]
Just an option for the super pros when they challenge (Especially with internet) each other since they are already so familiar with computer AI. This extra control might give one of them an edge with the unexpected.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Aug 30 2004, 11:49 PM
No, no X-Port for me either. I have a proper console in the form of a PS2 though, so...

Licenses would be appreciated.
I wasn't saying I wouldn't prefer licenses, because I would prefer a fully licensed PES, the only thing I dislike about the licensed teams is you can't edit them.

I don't see why PES doesn't have a create a team option... in PES3 you could edit teams but not create.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Aug 31 2004, 11:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Aug 31 2004, 11:22 AM)</div>
Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 31 2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Aug 30 2004, 10:36 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-woodie

Shouldn't any sports game have some sort of off the ball controls for the very very advanced?

Perhaps...................but if the AI of these players is excellent (ie. PES series) why would you want to????
Just an option for the super pros when they challenge (Especially with internet) each other since they are already so familiar with computer AI. This extra control might give one of them an edge with the unexpected. [/b]
Good point, however the strength of the PES series is its realism, and your computer teammates will make runs (or not depending on the player) as they would in real life.

Having total control of those players off the ball would only make it easier to play, especially when playing with lesser ability sides, whose players awareness and positioning doesn't normally allow them to be perfectly positioned for that killer pass (which you could do yourself if you had off the ball control).

Otherwise I could have Liverpool playing like Arsenal or something.........
<

there is a rumour that konami is trying to get the english and scottish premierleagues licensed for pes4 - i heard this on pesinsight.com u have to be registered to see it. this would turn a few fifa heads i reckon, thats if they could get em.

Originally posted by neh@Sep 7 2004, 11:56 AM
there is a rumour that konami is trying to get the english and scottish premierleagues licensed for pes4
I've read that elsewhere too.

Fingers crossed!

Originally posted by neh@Sep 7 2004, 11:56 AM
there is a rumour that konami is trying to get the english and scottish premierleagues licensed for pes4 - i heard this on pesinsight.com u have to be registered to see it. this would turn a few fifa heads i reckon, thats if they could get em.
I've heard this too (along with confirmation of X box on line play)........however the Scottish teams would seem highly unlikely as currently there is only two Scottish teams in Master league, and wouldn't it be a huge effort to include all the other Scottish teams????

Henry is the face of PES4 - obviously a case of the best promoting the best.................

Originally posted by NZL fan@Sep 8 2004, 08:20 AM
Henry is the face of PES4 - obviously a case of the best promoting the best.................
Then Zidane should be on the box.
<

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC+Sep 8 2004, 08:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St_Helens_RLFC @ Sep 8 2004, 08:38 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Sep 8 2004, 08:20 AM

Then Zidane should be on the box.
<
[/b]
If we were playing a game of soccer with the best players in the world, and I was the captain of one team and had first "pick" for my side, then Henry would be my first pick...............

Zidane is getting past it. He's almost totally bald now and doesn't have the pace he used to. Still one of the best, but not for much longer.

Zidane is my favourite player. So much so in fact, I will fly to Madrid wit the specific intention of watching him play.

They have Live Spanish games on sky sports (about 8pm) they normally show Real Madrid.

Put your head closer to your t.v (the next time Real Madrid are on) & pretend that you are there
<

I am seriously going to go to the Bernabau because I want to say a proper goodbye to Michael Owen as well.

38 days till PES4 now!
<

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Sep 9 2004, 09:55 AM
I am seriously going to go to the Bernabau because I want to say a proper goodbye to Michael Owen as well.
You want to say goodbye to Micheal Owen???
<

He's way overrated....Ok he's got some pace, but he struggles to get past anyone & he has to have 3 or 4 poor shots before finding the net!!

You should be saying, GOOD RIDDANCE!!! (only joking)
<

U'll get over it!!

Liverpool can now win some games without him & play Baros more often
<

<
I've been to the Bernebeau. Had a stadium tour the day before, then saw the Madrid Derby on the saturday night. Twas in the 02/03 season Bloody huge stadium.

That must have been an experience Woodie. I'm not *that* fussed about seeing the stadium, I've seen the Milennium stadium. It's the players I want to see.

Latest posts