• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

OK Mario - how we shaping?

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 19 2005, 04:08 PM
And still no comment on the Xbox status?
Oh thank god. I thought I might've died last night. You know, like on 6th sense. They still think they're alive?

Look at me! Look at me!

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 19 2005, 04:08 PM
And still no comment on the Xbox status?
Strange. I answered that in a seperate post?! Must have stuffed it up.

Anyway, the answer on the possibility of seeing the game on Xbox is still officially "no comment".

Okay, thanks Mario.

...I guess.

I'd love nothing more than to play Rugby League on Xbox Live.

...Except maybe to do it in a private strip club.

good to see mario that u make the pilgrimmage to the TRF for any updates and let us know...especially seeing the sidhe forums are 10000000billion billions miles per hour

Hows that sport of kings going??

Originally posted by Mario+Jul 19 2005, 05:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 19 2005, 05:05 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Jul 19 2005, 03:57 PM
I thought the game was programmed in RL1 so that hitting the aggression/sprint button hard out prior to a tackle also increased your chances of a head high??

No.

You can only do head highs using the aggressive tackle button.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
also will computer teammates do headhighs outside your direct control??[/b]

That has been fixed. [/b]
I'm sorry mario but, while your other answers are awesome and informative, I can't allow you to say what you just said.

I have played games where I have banned the use of the R1 button for aggression as a test case....and there were still head highs by the players I was controlling when pace and circle were the only buttons involved. Fact.

Also I was talking about ineffectual circle tackles on Legend level and above...so NOT exclusively "league god"...I ams aying you needed aggressive tackle to tackle in league god too...regardless of timing lol!!....and then you got unfairly punished.

Every tackle in league is an 'agressive tackle'.

I am personally worried that you thinkt he last agme was alright in this regard - VERy worried. I wonder about the standard of the competition if you were able to snuff them out with simple circl tackles all the time frankle both in terms of AI and user opposition. Have you played, say, at least 250+ 20 minute games of RL1? Cos personally I think the high tackle and aggression problems are not disputable.
I hope you can put aside any assertions you may or may not have about the first game and fix this now or at least for th next installment.

Circle tackles can head high....and your ai co-players do as well. thanks.

I love that some buttons have been moved though as you say - this is very good....cheers.

Gotta agree with you on that one - havn't played it for a long time but I'm sure that you could do headhighs with the normal tackle in RL1...........

I really tried to like RL1 (and it was a great first up attempt by SIDHE) but you'd be really be getting into a game and then something totally outside your control would occur (headhigh by a computer teammate, a computer teammate going AWOL on the line, unable to get a person in a position to defend, cursor getting stuck on the dummy half, yet another man being sent off) that just made you want to throw the controller at the tv screen............

I GOTTO ADMIT THAT MY TEAMMATES WOULD USE HEADHIGH TACKLE WITHOUT MY CONSENT OF USING THE L1 BUTTON

after my first sin-bin/sent off, i learnt from this and would never use the agression button again...until required and that was in legaue god

however my team mates consistently got sent from the field still

whether or not you use the agression they still went high

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 19 2005, 04:38 PM
Gotta agree with you on that one - havn't played it for a long time but I'm sure that you could do headhighs with the normal tackle in RL1...........

I really tried to like RL1 (and it was a great first up attempt by SIDHE) but you'd be really be getting into a game and then something totally outside your control would occur (headhigh by a computer teammate, a computer teammate going AWOL on the line, unable to get a person in a position to defend, cursor getting stuck on the dummy half, yet another man being sent off) that just made you want to throw the controller at the tv screen............
and for the icing on the cake

a conversion that went over the black dot, to be waved away!

yeah man

i love my league, but these gripes that i had no control over took all the love i had away

thanks for the answers to the questions Mario as I know you are a busy man with not only this forum but others and work on your upcoming ***les. Good questions Los Lover and others.

Originally posted by ak47@Jul 19 2005, 05:41 PM
I GOTTO ADMIT THAT MY TEAMMATES WOULD USE HEADHIGH TACKLE WITHOUT MY CONSENT OF USING THE L1 BUTTON

after my first sin-bin/sent off, i learnt from this and would never use the agression button again...until required and that was in legaue god

however my team mates consistently got sent from the field still

whether or not you use the agression they still went high
yes, but Mario, if you areading, it also happens if YOU are controlling them. Hell, it happened to my brother last night and I thought he was going to have a hernia.

<

we ended up losing to Canberra in the major semi (14-12) in a brutal game, but it was lost when they kicked a penalty from this ensuing penalty for a head high with the circle button only. ONLY.

In otherwords...after 29 rounds of footy we were thrown out because of something that was totally unfair and outside of our control...now that, is disappointment.

edit - thanks for your time though for sure - awesome dude. thanks.
<

Originally posted by ak47@Jul 19 2005, 04:43 PM
a conversion that went over the black dot, to be waved away!
That issue has been resolved. Turned out there was a problem if you happened to have kicked the ball over the posts in normal play with a bomb, then a subsequent conversion wouldn't be awarded.

This thread has been a good read. I'm certainly looking forward to RL2. Thanks to Mario for answering the questions put forward.

Are you still on for an August/September release by the way?

This thread hit its peak when I accused Eric of using Herbal Penis Enlargers bought using his Hotmail account...

Anyways - Have any changes been made to Create-a-Player?

Originally posted by Mario+Jul 19 2005, 02:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 19 2005, 02:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Jul 19 2005, 02:01 PM
Mario: Thanks for the in depth answers.

Only thing that concerns me from this is the "aggressive tackle" button remaining little changed from RL1.......

The reason that people used the aggresive tackle a lot in the 1st version was because the normal tackle was virtually ineffectial.

So my question is "has the normal tackle button been improved upon??", and also " will your computer controlled team mates make less head high tackles??" (this was really annoying in RL1, and outside the players control).
Well, your AI teammates are generally better at defending, so an AI opposition does find it harder to get through inthe first place and break normal tackles (as it faces more of them).

A normal tackle in RL1 can be made more effective by

- spamming the "aggression/sprint" button X to build up your aggression before the tackle

- waiting until the very last second to press the tackle button

- spamming the "aggression/sprint" button X after the tackle to avoid a break tackle

By building up you aggression, pressing tackle at the last moment, and fighting to dominate the tackle, you will execute a normal tackle with maximum effectiveness. It will be much harder for the opposition to break through, but it requires timing and skill on behalf of the gamer. [/b]
I mantain that the agression system works very well, this is what I love about rl1. This is the point a have been trying to get across to all players, it feels as if the timing and the amount of steam you build up before the tackle does effect greatly the success of the tackle. Now on the same note, I do believe that the normal tackle should be just a tad more effective on the harder levels then it is. This is of course on a non modded Rl1. The mods created for this game have nearly perfected the tackling for the harder levels of the game, in other words by messing with the player rating you can get a more realistic feel.

On another note Mario, how can you give us all this info and answers on these questions and you can't give us anything on CONTESTING THE HIGH BALL.
<

Come on brother give us somthing, we are 2-3 months away.
<

Originally posted by lionmaul+Jul 20 2005, 01:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lionmaul @ Jul 20 2005, 01:05 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Mario@Jul 19 2005, 02:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Jul 19 2005, 02:01 PM
Mario: Thanks for the in depth answers.

Only thing that concerns me from this is the "aggressive tackle" button remaining little changed from RL1.......

The reason that people used the aggresive tackle a lot in the 1st version was because the normal tackle was virtually ineffectial.

So my question is "has the normal tackle button been improved upon??", and also " will your computer controlled team mates make less head high tackles??" (this was really annoying in RL1, and outside the players control).

Well, your AI teammates are generally better at defending, so an AI opposition does find it harder to get through inthe first place and break normal tackles (as it faces more of them).

A normal tackle in RL1 can be made more effective by

- spamming the "aggression/sprint" button X to build up your aggression before the tackle

- waiting until the very last second to press the tackle button

- spamming the "aggression/sprint" button X after the tackle to avoid a break tackle

By building up you aggression, pressing tackle at the last moment, and fighting to dominate the tackle, you will execute a normal tackle with maximum effectiveness. It will be much harder for the opposition to break through, but it requires timing and skill on behalf of the gamer.
I mantain that the agression system works very well, this is what I love about rl1. This is the point a have been trying to get across to all players, it feels as if the timing and the amount of steam you build up before the tackle does effect greatly the success of the tackle. Now on the same note, I do believe that the normal tackle should be just a tad more effective on the harder levels then it is. This is of course on a non modded Rl1. The mods created for this game have nearly perfected the tackling for the harder levels of the game, in other words by messing with the player rating you can get a more realistic feel.

On another note Mario, how can you give us all this info and answers on these questions and you can't give us anything on CONTESTING THE HIGH BALL.
<

Come on brother give us somthing, we are 2-3 months away.
<
[/b]
NO...

Mods are irrelevant b/c they involve changing the game...we want it to be good to start with. It can't be "potentially good".....it must "BE GOOD!!!!!!!!"

2. mario you answered a question and ignored my one about the FACT THAT YOU DO TACKLE HIGH WITH OUT R1 BUTTON!!!!!!!!!????

Remember the rule: question avoided = because problem has stayed the same or worsened......

This keeps you incheck guyz.....vox populis vox dei......we're asking, because we pay you
<

I mean WTF!!!? what an outrageous claim to make when we as gamers know it is false. Hell on earth dude!!! Anyway.......we'll assume you haven't played enough and forgive you, I guess, as effort was made on other questions....thanks
<

Oh and, although I have already mentioned it...

mario

Don't answer another question with out apologising for the lie that is "high tackles only occur with aggression button"...

Either you are mistaken OR you left one of your employees in charge of finishing the programme off while he was in possession of a high class spanish hooker and a huge bag of crank...

I mean: ????

If aggression button (and other head highs) have not been addressed......this obviously much improved game may not clear the 85% mark...

No,no,......don't get grumpy anyone....

that's a fair call......

Sidhe is onto it, so instead of taking heed of the requests from teens on the sidhe site they would have one employee observing the rugby forum and its resident gamers to see what was needed in regard to fixing....

So i am not assuming, I KNOW this has been fixed. Nice foxing Mario....You little tease...

You must have changed it, because anything else would be sheer and utter insanity.....or gross denial.

Thanks again Mario....awesome.
You awesome...
<

Los Lover's comments and claims on this board reflect his opinion only, and not the opinion of this board, or other members.[/Disclaimer]
ie. Don't bother apologising before you answer more questions.

Oh, and when Lover boy says 'we', he really means himself....And possibly a few others.

[Edit]
Originally posted by Lovely
So i am not assuming, I KNOW this has been fixed. Nice foxing Mario....You little tease...

No, no. That's still assuming I'm afraid.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 19 2005, 07:31 PM
This thread has been a good read. I'm certainly looking forward to RL2. Thanks to Mario for answering the questions put forward.
Yeah, I actually find it better than the Sidhe forums on some level, there are a couple of knobs there that ruin it. Although the Sidhe forums are good, especially if you use the search tool for Mario's posts.

Man I wish Sidhe made a union game.
<
Go on! I'm sure you can use a lot of the League engine to start off with a good base.

Edit - Extremely off topic but I've just seen some great slogan's in kaftka's sig. "Food or kaftka? I'll have kaftka." And "I'd sleep with kaftka."

Anyway, back to RL2
<

Edit 2 - Also Gamesman have lowered their price to $100 for PS2, and yesterday had a big thing on the front page saying they would be giving free Warriors PS2 controllers away with the game.

Edit 3 - GPStore have the pre order promo now: http://www.gpstore.co.nz/Games/1471290.html

1471290.1.gif

1471290.jpg

Latest posts