• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

OK Mario - how we shaping?

Originally posted by ak47@Jul 20 2005, 06:01 PM
Sidhe have ballsed this one for sure
Er, Sidhe are not responsible for anything to do with the packaging.

In any case, it could be worse. It could be like the Stacey Jones Rugby League cover which was pretty rough.

dam...looks like a crap action game ripoff
anyways who cares

what happen to sonnybill..everyone loves em in aus,nz and the uk

the main thing is that its got nrl rugby league 2 on it so the rest of the cover doesn't matter too much

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 20 2005, 07:50 PM
Paul Sculthorpe's the face of English rugby league.
who?

sculthorp is the 13 correct?...nah hes shithouse..maybe gud in the super duper league but he wud get squashed in the nrl

WORD LIFE
<

<
<
<

You obviously didn't see him take the Aussies to pieces at the JJB in November then! He's a top rate loose forward. But that's another discussion, if you'd like one, please start a thread in Super League section.

All I'm saying is that SBW, whilst a world famous, top class footballer, wouldn't be *THAT* well known in England; Scully is the face of Super League. He's even replaced David Beckham as Gillette man.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 20 2005, 08:21 PM
<
<
<

You obviously didn't see him take the Aussies to pieces at the JJB in November then! He's a top rate loose forward. But that's another discussion, if you'd like one, please start a thread in Super League section.

All I'm saying is that SBW, whilst a world famous, top class footballer, wouldn't be *THAT* well known in England; Scully is the face of Super League. He's even replaced David Beckham as Gillette man.
and Paul Sculthorpe would be completely unknown in New Zealand and in 90% of Australia...

has the " create a player improved " ???? i wouldnt mind creating sum1 like mike tyson would i be able 2 make someone similar looking????

Originally posted by hurricane13@Jul 20 2005, 09:09 PM
has the " create a player improved " ???? i wouldnt mind creating sum1 like mike tyson would i be able 2 make someone similar looking????
Yes, gamers now have many more options with regards to creating and customising players. There are literally 10s of thousands of likenesses you can create, all much more realistic looking than RL1.

what are the team editors looking like?

and any carrer/franchise modes?

sorry if they have been answered, ive skimmed throught the other stuff, but you know, im dumb
<

Franchise mode looks preety "Kak" (Damn those Affrikaners have an awesome langauge), seems preety basic from what Ive seen and heard, probably be a season mode with the option to buy and sell players with no Birthdays over 10 years.

Hopefully they will at least implement some player progession system.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Jul 20 2005, 12:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Jul 20 2005, 12:42 PM)</div>
Los Lover's comments and claims on this board reflect his opinion only, and not the opinion of this board, or other members.[/Disclaimer]
ie. Don't bother apologising before you answer more questions.

Oh, and when Lover boy says 'we', he really means himself....And possibly a few others.

[Edit]
<!--QuoteBegin-Lovely
So i am not assuming, I KNOW this has been fixed. Nice foxing Mario....You little tease...

No, no. That's still assuming I'm afraid. [/b]
geez kaftka you can be an ahole.....sometimes.

If you are denying that high tackles occur with a player controlled player with out the aggression button...then that is fine and one thing...

BUT....saying no one agrees with me and I speak for no one but myself, when it is TRUE what I am saying.

Then you are just behaving like the prat that you ironically accuse me of being.

Notice how I have reiterated that it DOES happen and Mario has NOT reiterated his claim that it doesn't happen....I think that speaks volumes.

So I had a few drinks and got rumbuxious, still, as per, it was still correct. Hell, I'm not imagining it kaftka.

And how dare you say I speak for no one whilst you simultaneously claim to speak for everyone about me....shameless hypocrisy.

But whatever.....I've come to expect kaftka to follow my comments around and always comment on them instead of the topic. So now I've done it, you know what it's like. Especially if the retort is true.....as I feel mine is in this case.

<

I didn't say what you said wasn't true, just the fact that you throw the word 'we' areound a hell of a lot.
Half of it is my opinion on you, half is just plain stirring because you get incredibly defensive and riled up over the most trivial of matters.

And, also, in that particular post I wasn't disagreeing with you about that issue, just the fact that you tell Mario not to answer ANY questions until he has apologised to YOU.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 21 2005, 08:29 AM
Franchise mode looks preety "Kak" (Damn those Affrikaners have an awesome langauge), seems preety basic from what Ive seen and heard, probably be a season mode with the option to buy and sell players with no Birthdays over 10 years.

Hopefully they will at least implement some player progession system.
I think its safe to presume the following about franchise mode (Mario might be able to correct anything glaringly wrong
<
)......

*It will be fairly basic (ie. not anything like franchise in Madden for instance), however it will allow players to enjoy the most fun bit - ie. The buying/selling of players, within a set salary cap.
*Training will be also fairly basic, but will allow players to improve on various aspects of general play (not actually doing the training themselves, but by choosing between various aspects of training at the beginning of each week), which will then be reflected by the team on the field of play (improved defense,kicking etc).
*Judicary will also be basic. Something like I proposed ages ago where you can either plead guilty or not quilty, with the "kicker" being if you plead not quilty, but are found quilty, then you will receive a higher sentence then if you had pleaded quilty straight off.
*Players will not age, hence they will not improve/get worse then they currently are either (presuming training affects team attributes only.....)
*Mario has already confirmed that you can play rep games/SOO during the NRL/SL franchise season. Your allegiance I believe is stated whenever you start a new franchise (ie. You put if you are a New Zealander for instance at the start of the franchise).
* Mario has confirmed that you can not change teams during the 10 year franchise (hence no job offers etc), and players from the other comps/International teams want be available to buy (ie. If playing NRL you can buy only NRL players). Custom made players will be available though, so you may be able to copy some players from other comps if you wanted to, and then add them to your team at the start of the franchise.
* Mario has confirmed that you will not be able to use a custom made team in franchise mode. I presume this means you can not start a Wellington/gold coast/central coast franchise for instance (a little disappointing....)

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jul 21 2005, 04:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jul 21 2005, 04:37 PM)</div>
Notice how I have reiterated that it DOES happen and Mario has NOT reiterated his claim that it doesn't happen....I think that speaks volumes.[/b]

Speaks volumes? Okay. I just don't want to get into a protracted discussion about something I have never witnessed.

<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

seems preety basic from what Ive seen and heard

Well, at the end of the day it is pretty basic. We have never disputed that. It is the first iteration of the franchise mode after all, and we have to start somewhere.

What we have included are a number of features such as player trading, training, stats, finance, mid season rep games etc which cover the core functionality that most people will be interested in. With future versions, we can look to build on this platform and add more depth over time.

Originally posted by Mario@Jul 21 2005, 06:28 PM
With future versions,
Best. News. Ever

Probably old news, but atleast we know it keeps coming. Anyway the basic franchise mode sounds good. Has to be better that World League on r2004/5

Mario: Don't know if you can answer this but "in the first year of franchise mode, will you be able to sell/buy players before the end of the first season??"............

Originally posted by Mario+Jul 21 2005, 06:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 21 2005, 06:28 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 21 2005, 04:37 PM
Notice how I have reiterated that it DOES happen and Mario has NOT reiterated his claim that it doesn't happen....I think that speaks volumes.

Speaks volumes? Okay. I just don't want to get into a protracted discussion about something I have never witnessed.

<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
seems preety basic from what Ive seen and heard

Well, at the end of the day it is pretty basic. We have never disputed that. It is the first iteration of the franchise mode after all, and we have to start somewhere.

What we have included are a number of features such as player trading, training, stats, finance, mid season rep games etc which cover the core functionality that most people will be interested in. With future versions, we can look to build on this platform and add more depth over time. [/b]
"never witnessed"

<

but not "never happens".

I've been very polite and respectful for the most part mario, Kaftka etc....go back over this thread and you will see my praise and the reasons cited for why are the equal, if not more extreme, than the praise given by others here.

However, I won't be made to feel remotely guilty, or otherwsie, about making a point I know to be true - when you clearly said:

"it only happens when the aggression button was pushed"

NOT = "I have never witnessed it"...but a comment that implied that it had been programmed this way -It was not.

Sidhe rocks, the league sequel will be very good methinks.....but facts are facts - neither of you have the right to have a go at me for raising the truth.

and that is all there is to it.

People ARE ****** off about head highs etc Kaftka - so you are wrong -I DO speak for them.

Later.

<

Latest posts