• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

OK Mario - how we shaping?

You speak for no one apart from yourself and that over-inflated Ego inside your head...

Lol... "Respect has to be earned" that was probably your best comment ever on this forum, and as far as I see, you have none.

Let's knock the vast speeches on the head, eh? Mario doesn't deny that the first game was flawed, having a shouting match isn't going to help. By all means, talk about the game, this is what the thread is for, but claiming mass representation will do your cause no good.

I have encountered head high tackles without the aggression button on a few occasions, but I just dismiss it down to a bug, and there are quite a few, even though that's only to be expected.

Mario comes on, and listens to us, and he will very certainly have taken note of what you were saying, but we're descending into "Los Lover vs. the world" here. Let's just list our suggestions and needs, and I'm sure SIDHE will do us proud.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 21 2005, 09:03 PM
Let's knock the vast speeches on the head, eh? Mario doesn't deny that the first game was flawed, having a shouting match isn't going to help. By all means, talk about the game, this is what the thread is for, but claiming mass representation will do your cause no good.

I have encountered head high tackles without the aggression button on a few occasions, but I just dismiss it down to a bug, and there are quite a few, even though that's only to be expected.

Mario comes on, and listens to us, and he will very certainly have taken note of what you were saying, but we're descending into "Los Lover vs. the world" here. Let's just list our suggestions and needs, and I'm sure SIDHE will do us proud.
Mate - I started this thread. read it from the beginning....no noe says more nice things about sidhe than I do.

Kissing ass though from wall to wall of the forum, in the lead up to a game release does no one any good.

<<shaking head>>

"shouting match??"

"Los LOver v the world"?

What on eart are you talking about?
<

I honestly have no idea. But your stab at my tone re: the head high is both incorrect and it ignores all the good things I said.

Then, whilst lecturing me, you actually have the temerity to mention that you too have noticed it...

<

yeah no I speak for myself alright...the only sane person here.

Re-read what I wrote - I said knock off claiming you represent the world and his dog. To an extent, I agree with you over the head high, it's happened to me 2, maybe 3 times, but I just put it down to a bug.

The thing is though, I don't care about it enough to get in a tizzy.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 22 2005, 03:59 AM
Re-read what I wrote - I said knock off claiming you represent the world and his dog. To an extent, I agree with you over the head high, it's happened to me 2, maybe 3 times, but I just put it down to a bug.

The thing is though, I don't care about it enough to get in a tizzy.
actually judging by the fact that I started this thread for the express purpose of addressing any faults that might be carried over....and only one seemingly has, thus I am addressing it.

IT is YOU then coming in out of the blue, juxtaposed with the intimidation of your Cartmen 'authorita' avatar that threw the tizz and me doing what the thread is set up for.

YOU have also ignored my point about saying all the nice complimentary thing s too. I don't give a toss what you think now, I did, but frankly if you are going to just judge me according to what you pick and choose from what I say - I don't feel your instruction carries the weight it would have. You are not being fair...

Anither telling off coming unjustly??

save your breath.

<

Anyhow getting back to rugby league 2.................

One thing Marios just confirmed is that player stats are still out of 10.................this is pretty disappointing, and something I was certain SIDHE would change for the new version.

Mario has said his team had more important issues to work on, but I'd suggest that this is an opportunity missed to add more realism to the game, and more individuality to the players. I understand that would have meant more work for SIDHE, but i think it would have been money/time well spent.

It may not seem a big issue on the surface, but by having player attributes out of 10 you will get far less difference between various players (especially the bulk of the players just below the leading/stand out ones). This will affect how much you care for individual players that make up your team, especially in franchise, as the bulk of each squad will essentially be of very similar ilk............

Fans of the PES series will tell you that nearly every player in that game has a different "feel" to them when using them, something that won't be so evident in rugby league 2.

Though I wasn't expecting rugby league 2 to have player stats out of 100 (like PES 4), I would have thought stats out of 20 would have been the ideal, same as the original championship manager series (and that was the most realistic soccer management sim out there).

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 22 2005, 04:06 PM
One thing Marios just confirmed is that player stats are still out of 10.................this is pretty disappointing, and something I was certain SIDHE would change for the new version.

Mario has said his team had more important issues to work on, but I'd suggest that this is an opportunity missed to add more realism to the game, and more individuality to the players. I understand that would have meant more work for SIDHE, but i think it would have been money/time well spent.
I guess the first thing to say is that we recognise that fans want the stats to be out of 100, we understand the reasons why, and we agree it would be beneficial to the game. However, this did not mean that we would necessarily proceed with such a change for this version of the game.

To speak to the immediate concern about the continued use of stats out of 10, the overhauling of the general game has certainly meant the experience is much improved. That is to say, players currently will feel more individualised (and consistently so) as it stands than previously. The game is better, no question.

The benefit of taking the current implementation and making the stats out of 100 would add only marginal differences (and therefore marginal increased value) for the majority of gamers. With this in mind and given the efforts required to make the change, we have prioritised other features such as online play and franchise mode which add substantially more functionality, options, and longevity to the game.

As with many things we could have included, we could not make the change without it being at the expense of something else. And we are very happy with the current feature set, and hope gamers will be too.

In the longer term, we would look to widen the stats to be out of 100, but we'll also look to add more stats to add more individuality to players.

Mario: thanks for the reply.

Must be hard to "can" stuff that you know will improve the game, due to restraints in time and budget. For instance I couldn't give a toss about on-line play, but many people do.........

Are there actually more attributes being rated this time?? (which again could add more "personality" and points of difference to individual players).

Edit: sorry, just reread the last line in your reply!!

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 22 2005, 04:31 PM
Mario: thanks for the reply.

Must be hard to "can" stuff that you know will improve the game, due to restraints in time and budget. For instance I couldn't give a toss about on-line play, but many people do.........
Yeah, it can be hard a lot of the time, especially where fans have conflicting ideas and priorities amongst themselves. There are so many possible things to add or improve, but you have to draw a line in the sand or else you end up risking the quality of the whole project and blowing the budget.

As I have said earlier, we are pretty happy with the package of features and gameplay that we have in RL2. It will make a great platform for future versions assuming the franchise continues to be successful.

why was my post deleted???????
uck yous..all of yous will perish in my minds!!!

yo ma-dee-oh..r these games gonna make a transport to the ps3 and 360...ofcourse future versions are but this rl2 version????

and can u (if you are aloud)..put up the game controllers or the control format..cheers buddy and my dads gonna smash whoever deleted my post!!!!

word to tha mutha

I was reading Mario's posts on the rugby league 2 site & he mentioned something along the lines of 'late inclusion of the Xbox version'. So basically I pressume that an Xbox version will see the light at the end of the tunnel?

Originally posted by gjohn85@Jul 23 2005, 04:25 AM
I was reading Mario's posts on the rugby league 2 site & he mentioned something along the lines of 'late inclusion of the Xbox version'. So basically I pressume that an Xbox version will see the light at the end of the tunnel?
That comment was made in reference to the reasons why RL1 was delayed. The "late inclusion of Xbox" split our development efforts for RL1 so we had to push back the release date by a month.

Whether RL2 will appear on Xbox is unconfirmed by HES at this stage.

Originally posted by Mario+Jul 20 2005, 09:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 20 2005, 09:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-hurricane13
@Jul 20 2005, 09:09 PM
has the " create a player improved " ???? i wouldnt mind creating sum1 like mike tyson would i be able 2 make someone similar looking????
Yes, gamers now have many more options with regards to creating and customising players. There are literally 10s of thousands of likenesses you can create, all much more realistic looking than RL1. [/b]
Left Footed Kickers this time around?

Originally posted by Mario+Jul 23 2005, 11:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 23 2005, 11:56 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
@Jul 23 2005, 04:25 AM
That comment was made in reference to the reasons why RL1 was delayed. The "late inclusion of Xbox" split our development efforts for RL1 so we had to push back the release date by a month.

Whether RL2 will appear on Xbox is unconfirmed by HES at this stage.[/b]
Sorry Mario, I saw that & got excited!

That was the closest I got for a confirmation on the xbox! (for RL2)

Thank god, were back on the issues with the game again. I'm very pleased with all I've heard as far as improvements and how Mario seems upfront about the fact that its not going to be a perfect game just a very decent improvement.

Not trying to rehash anything, but the only reason I post bugger all on The Rugby forum anymore is I don't like being told what to think about games and which games to like or don't like, which companies to hate or not. It doesn't seem to come from anymore than one person, and I find that most people are willing to differ in opinion and are alright with that.

Lets just say Kaftka isn't perfect but he leaves me to have my own say.

All of that was in the hope that moderators start helping those of us who don't want to have to resort to "who can yell loudest" in text.
<

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jul 25 2005, 12:47 PM
Lets just say Kaftka isn't perfect
You're kidding, right?
<

Other than that, I agree with everything you say. You have a knack at improving on my speeches (I think it was you in that other thread)

how is music and such going to work? is it going to be real songs or is it going to be the da da denaow de dada deda da again?

how far % wise are you anyway? any point making suggestions now anyway?

Originally posted by sambad5@Jul 25 2005, 06:18 PM
how is music and such going to work? is it going to be real songs or is it going to be the da da denaow de dada deda da again?

how far % wise are you anyway? any point making suggestions now anyway?
the only licence music will be That's My Team and rest will be there own made up ones.
theres not point making suggestions for rl2.
as they have finished the game.
all they are doing now is fune tuning and getting rid of bugs.

Hay, is anyone still regularly visiting the official sidhe RL2 forums? If so can you compile a list of the new info thats been released? I can't be f***ed going to it anymore... nothing ever seems to happen and there are too many school kids *****ing.

Latest posts