Ok Mr Lucas. You have my attention.

Rich Taff

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Cardiff
[video=youtube_share;OMOVFvcNfvE]http://youtu.be/OMOVFvcNfvE[/video]

I'd love to see what the Lucasarts effects dudes from the 70s could do with a 3d printer.

I'm gonna say it... I enjoyed the second trilogy.

Mr Lucas? All he's doing is having a chat with Abrams about the finer details of the plot.

This trailer looks great. I think the whole franchise needed a new director. I wasn't worried about disney, because the one thing they do well is keep well away from the production process, other than provide funding and oversee appointments. If anything, Disney provide long term financial support for the Star Wars machine. They will rinse SW for the merchandise though.

Anyone else think the Sith might be Mr Benedict Cumberbatch? I'm all about the Sith. They need a really dark, evil Sith in this new trilogy.

Meh.

My first reaction was that it looks like a really highly produced trailer for one of the (many) fan made Star Wars shorts out there.

Which, of course, if you factor in how much of a fan boy JJ Abrams is, then that is exactly what it is.

Remain to be convinced.

As much as I like Cumberbatch, I find he over-eggs his mannerisms a lot - him playing a Sith wouldn't have the menace (tee-hee) that's required IMO.

yeah, with you on not seeing Cumberbatch as a Sith Villain type....

For me it should be someone like Mark Strong in full on Villain mode, but can easily see it being Fassbender

I'm gonna say it... I enjoyed the second trilogy.

the biggest issue for me was the jump from models and a bit of realism (ironic i know) to the CGI, the story was ok - it was visually i felt like i was watching a kids fil, whereas IV-VI was, well gritty (bar the ewoks).

I think having a "name" actor kinda ruins it a bit, unless they are capable of completely losing their own identity and the makeup crew makes them look completely different.
Like Heath Ledger's Joker.

Looks good.
Very JJ Abrahams, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Apparently he likes mixing actual models with CGI which is going to look good, often full cgi just looks too...fake? Clean? I dunno, just something off.
That light saber is ridiculous.

I'm trying not to too hyped, after the prequel trilogy (thought they had their moments, and could've stood alone as decent films but as Star Wars....nah), but seeing the millennium falcon....

Looks like they're trying to rev the fans up early. Can't really get much out of the trailer itself but you'd want a firm grip on that lightsaber! I also hope it's not just a CGI fest.

Oh my giddy goat. Pumped. Only a year of waiting now...

Looks good.
Very JJ Abrahams, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Apparently he likes mixing actual models with CGI which is going to look good, often full cgi just looks too...fake? Clean? I dunno, just something off.
That light saber is ridiculous.

I'm trying not to too hyped, after the prequel trilogy (thought they had their moments, and could've stood alone as decent films but as Star Wars....nah), but seeing the millennium falcon....
See:

zP3QBLZ.jpg

vs.

hobbit-2-orcs.jpg

As much as I like Cumberbatch, I find he over-eggs his mannerisms a lot - him playing a Sith wouldn't have the menace (tee-hee) that's required IMO.

Yeah I can see where you are coming from. In saying that, if that is him speaking in the trailer, with a bit of good make up he could be very sinister. The Sith are suppose to be cunning and sneaky before they strike you down ;)

Sith should be eminently intimidating - something Cumberbatch definitely isn't.

Sith should be eminently intimidating - something Cumberbatch definitely isn't.

Again true. But then that's about getting into character isn't it. It was Vaders suite and voice that got you. Ray Park also played Maul very well but his Scottish mannerisms and voice didn't really come through!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heath wasn't naturally intimidating... but Cumberbatch could almost be gender neutral, such is his lack of outward testosterone-iness.

I could see Fassbender doing an alright Sith, if we're talking about guys from "that group" of actors.

Latest posts