• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

okay wtf! rugby 08

F

Fushitsusha

So I bought my game yesterday and the first thing I did was go to the rosters to fix any minor changes.

Well, I had to nearly reorganise EVERY team in the competition.

There have been very few improvements in stats and player positions, and in most cases they've become worse.

Most of the team captains were also assigned to the wrong players.

Os Du Randt was captain of South Africa... Matt Giteau was an outside centre and captain of the Force... Lote Tuqiri was the captain of the Tahs, and their main kicker?... and I think somebody like Berrick Barnes was captain of the Reds?

All of the reserves benches and extra squad members are all not in any organised order.

The majority of the fowards in the NSW starting XV isn't even in the match 22. I think the creators watched ONE Super 14 game this year when Beale was on the wing.

Julian Huxley can play no. 8 along with his usual positions.

Salesi Ma'afu, possibly the biggest tighthead prop in the country, can ONLY play flanker!

IRB U19 player of the year nominee and inside centre Anthony Faingaa can ONLY play hooker! I'm aware his twin brother plays hooker but he's far from being a member of the forward pack.

I still can't play Adam Ashley-Cooper at his preferred position of outside centre.

It also might've been nice if they had've given Al Campbell his headgear. At least him and Chishom can now compete in the lineout.

And since when was Josh Holmes bold?

Anyways, the point is the entire rosters were a mess aside from some of the NZ teams.

Make sure you go in and fix it all up before you play the game.

yeah i totally agree about the rosters being fcked.. they are very very gay.. and on ps2 it takes so long to change everything because you have to scroll thru the entire roster of australian players if you want to put a fullback in the team who isnt already in the squad...

So this may be a super dumb question, but does anyone know if you can patch the ps2 version? i assume this is why peoples buy it on pc, but someone at work told me it was possible to patch games on ps2, but i think he was lying to me bigtime...

As far as I know it can't be done. It can only be patched on Xbox using Woosah's roster editor for 06.............sucks really.

It sucks that we can't change the stats on the PS2. I remember getting PES Football and slowly going through and changing all of the player and team names - and some of the stats.

I don't want to have to play the game on my PC - the reason I have a PS2 is because it is more comfortable to play games.

You can understand game programmers making errors with certain players - sometimes it would simply be a data entry error but seriously if they are having this many problems and making this many errors they need to find someone else to do their inputting.

All they need to do is get a group of fans (country specific where possible) and get them to contribute to the database. Obviously they would need to even out all of the stats but they'd at least get the positions correct. And it would be okay if they made some small errors with positioning - like maybe had a lock instead of a flanker; or a winger instead of a fullback. But when they put in hookers at centres and wingers as props someone seriously dropped the ball.

okay i bought the game and ea its good but the player ratings suck! i mean look at lachlan turner he is rated in the 40's yes thats right THE F'N 40's!! then u have shepeard and rocky elsom they are only 70's and 80's.... quad cooper and kirtly beale both 60's and 71 and then you have the cover guy and is meant to be the spear head of the australians atack and alsp there captain stirling mortlock to only be rated in the 80's to!!! and he isnt even a star i mean cmon!! hopefully if it comes out on xbox 360 the fix some of this and give them the rating they deserve i mean 40's for lachlan turner!!

cmon ea pick up your game!

Can you have a lok on D,O'Callaghan for Ireland? He was terribly underated on 06 as only 71 and Line-Outs 77 DISGRACE hes FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR betteer

Can you have a lok on D,O'Callaghan for Ireland? He was terribly underated on 06 as only 71 and Line-Outs 77 DISGRACE hes FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR betteer [/b]

D,O'Callaghan hasn't changed he is still rated 71 and Line-Outs 77

okay i bought the game and ea its good but the player ratings suck! i mean look at lachlan turner he is rated in the 40's yes thats right THE F'N 40's!! then u have shepeard and rocky elsom they are only 70's and 80's.... quad cooper and kirtly beale both 60's and 71 and then you have the cover guy and is meant to be the spear head of the australians atack and alsp there captain stirling mortlock to only be rated in the 80's to!!! and he isnt even a star i mean cmon!! hopefully if it comes out on xbox 360 the fix some of this and give them the rating they deserve i mean 40's for lachlan turner!!

cmon ea pick up your game!
[/b]
its not coming out on 360.IGN(aus) inteviewed someone from ea or hb studios and they confirmed what should have been obvious they aren't working on any nextgen versions.

they aren't working on any nextgen versions

Although he gave the impression that we'll probably see one in 12-18 months.

they aren't working on any nextgen versions

Although he gave the impression that we'll probably see one in 12-18 months. [/b]

And it will prob be the same as 08 with a few tweaks!! So much for "development"

It's not just that the rosters are out of date, a lot of the players names are wrong and in the case of at least one Irish player (malcolm o'kelly), he's black.

And it will prob be the same as 08 with a few tweaks!! So much for "development"

They'll have to develop since they'll have to use the next-gen fifa engine ;) Could be good or bad, good since they'll be able to start fresh with more experience, ideas and money. Bad because starting fresh might mean less time to develop features and AI :(

It's not just that the rosters are out of date, a lot of the players names are wrong and in the case of at least one Irish player (malcolm o'kelly), he's black. [/b]

Ahahaha! You've gotta be joking.

441.jpg

my team has so many mistakes:

waylon murray is white in the game (hes coloured)
brad barritt has blond afro in the game (hes got short dark hair)
jaques botes has wrong headgear
bob skinstad cannot play no8 - his primary position
frans steyn has gloves and weired short hair wtf!
bj botha has scrummaging rating of 11 i think - he was a dominant force in super14
odwa ndugane has bald head - he has dreds/corn rows
also quiet a few missing players - eg. beast

thats just 1 team off the top of my head!

most of players weights/heights/positions are all wrong - basics that ea should get right. no excuses!

So did you guys make your own versions of them and replaced the original faults, or is someone perhaps going to release a mod or patch that fix these stupid **** up?

<div class='quotemain'> It's not just that the rosters are out of date, a lot of the players names are wrong and in the case of at least one Irish player (malcolm o'kelly), he's black. [/b]

Ahahaha! You've gotta be joking.

441.jpg

Sorry I should point out that it's the copy of O'Kelly (listed as M. Kelly in the irish players roster) who is black.

Also they've listed Harry Vermaas as Irish.
[/b][/quote]

Tons of players in the game are black and aren't IRL. First that come to mind are Steinmetz (Ulster, for some reason they misspelled his name in the game) and Piossek (Argentina).

It's been mentioned elsewhere aswell but Dan Parks is black in the game and has a nice afro . Also David Strettle is bald and wearing tape on his head , it goes on and on , it's taken me 3 hours so far to update my PS2 rosters .......... :toss: and I've not even done teh S14 properly

eeah! how'd you update your ps2 rosters?

i understands there are some doubles in the game with regards to the islanders, some of them are easily replaced

Latest posts