• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

O'Leary Out - who should be called up?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Apr 29 2009, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It is known that Cusiter would not be available until after the third game of the tour and therefore he is not worth taking.[/b]

But is it? I understand you've been saying it a bit, but I havent seen that anywhere else. Its a good point your making, so I'm just wondering if there is any real foundation to it. One rule for Hines, one for Cussiter. Its not built into their contracts so you'd imagine its because the IRB are recognising the tour.

I'm not saying your full or shite, I'm just wondering if there is any solid articles out there that can put this one to bed once and for all. Ive seen a few on the times or the scotsman etc all of which speculate but none of which talk of a restriction.

Cussiter would still be my choice.

Care, maybe for Australia or if we lose an average of 1 scrum half per game, but no way should be above or even level with the selection of experience "still in their prime" half backs we have in the UK waiting for a genuinely deserved place in the Lions squad.
Sure, there is a international bias when it comes to my 1st and probably 3rd choice* and there's probably a few wildcards in there for the thrill of it...but these things have happened before.

Was Ugo Monye's name mentioned in this thread before Geech chose him?

*1. Mike Blair (on form, international bias)
2. Eoin Reddan (Geech's Wasps bias on a "know's what he can do" argument)
3. Chris Cusiter (on recent form, international bias) - I am aware of the club restraints but people get injured

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ May 3 2009, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why? he's done abseloutely nothing at international level.[/b]
Exactly...

He plays well in the GP and he's now a possible Lion...

Its not the GP is that great except Leicester and a few others...

I say Blair because he is experienced and has done well against the 'Boks

Latest posts