• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

One off game at 8 - help!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 23 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g6mcg @ Oct 23 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 23 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, that's it. But please make sure you grab his legs first, otherwise you'll be penalised. Remember, you've got to be very intense and as physical as possible -- you must commit 100% of your muscular prowess to every single tackle you put in.

Be sure to enter as many rucks as possible, and never give up trying to cause a turnover. It becomes really annoying for the opposite team when they have to deal with flankers getting in their way and slowing the ball down. Not only will you shatter their momentum, but you will give your team mates the chance to reorganize.[/b]

Sounds like my fitness is going to need to improve a lot :( Still a week with my sister and nephew might help...somehow
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, fitness is crucial in this case. But chin up mate, you can work on that! Besides the obvious (cardio, weightlifting, etc) you can do what we are taught from an early age down here in Argentina. We play 80 minutes, then we go to the bench for another game to take the pitch once more in the second half. Without realising it you've played 120 minutes of intense Rugby. If you repeat this routine on a regular basis, before you know you'll be able to play a game without feeling exausted in the last minutes.

Remember, size and physicality are important, but the key is in your own head. It's psychological. Give it some time and you'll learn how to relish the level of intensity that comes with being a flanker. And once you do, you'll never want to play anywhere else. ;)

Anyway, as we all know, one principle stands above all: HAVE FUN!

P.S: I've got some training routines for you. If you ever feel like going through them, don't hesitate to ask!
[/b][/quote]

I don't think the playing two games plan would work - with my club all the teams kick off together. (One team will always be away, e.g 3rds, and then the 1st and 2nds at home.) Nice idea though.

Soon I will be more aggresive ...possibly anyway. i had a go at the headbutt tackle - I failed with the first attempt and ended up wrap tackling him, worked great the next time though :) (Kind of hurt my neck so I might try to adjust technique)

Can I have a look at these regimes please?

Latest posts