• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Online Players...

Originally posted by Mario+Sep 27 2005, 06:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Sep 27 2005, 06:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Sep 27 2005, 03:06 PM
We're obviously gonna have to have a big TRF tourny once the game is out. I've tried to coax Mario into joining, but he says his PS2 isn't online and maitains he's not very good at the game, but has indicated he may get a couple of the more skilled members of sidhe to give us a go!
Its true. I suck. [/b]
I have an idea Mario. Why not make the ref playable in the game? That way we could have our tournament and you could ref the games and decide whether or not to award penelties, tries etc!
<
<
<

I know it aint gonna happen, but dam that would be funny!

Originally posted by sanzar+Sep 29 2005, 12:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Sep 29 2005, 12:59 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Mario@Sep 27 2005, 06:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Sep 27 2005, 03:06 PM
We're obviously gonna have to have a big TRF tourny once the game is out. I've tried to coax Mario into joining, but he says his PS2 isn't online and maitains he's not very good at the game, but has indicated he may get a couple of the more skilled members of sidhe to give us a go!

Its true. I suck.
I have an idea Mario. Why not make the ref playable in the game? That way we could have our tournament and you could ref the games and decide whether or not to award penelties, tries etc!
<
<
<

I know it aint gonna happen, but dam that would be funny! [/b]
Nah, it's give a certain someone something else to whinge about.

Finally getting broadband this weekend, so yeah, mark me down for PS2, assuming that this thread is still being monitored, JJ?

I only have a PS2 at the mo. No XBox.

We have an ADSL modem at the moment connected to our house laptop (goes from room to room. We have the most expensive Jetstream plan that money can buy.
<
Unbelievable what you can do with my mates web cam and all.

So what else do I need as I am confused.

Do I need an online "PS2" account like they have for Xbox? Do I also need some CD software for the PS2? What about hardware, is there something else I am missing? Do I need to go to a site where I can link up with other people?

Help!

PS. Good on you CA Iversen for getting broadband. As they say "Get a broad and you'll never go bored"

PS2 account is free. Some games are independent of Sony and require you to sign up with just the game (e.g. EA games) and some require a Sony account (e.g. SOCOM) that you will need to email Sony about to get a CD.

Originally posted by JJ-@Oct 12 2005, 02:25 PM
PS2 account is free.
OMG!!!!!

You mean I will be able to play Kinkon for as long as I like on PS2? What the hell is wrong with the XBox live people?

I would imagine that Mario would be working all of the time and on the few ocassions that he finds himself at home with time to kill the last thing that he would want to do is turn on his computer. Also his work computer would no doubt be kick-arse and if he ever wanted to do anything he would just use that. After all he has no boss to tell him off for wasting time at work.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Oct 12 2005, 03:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 12 2005, 03:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Oct 12 2005, 02:25 PM
PS2 account is free.
OMG!!!!!

You mean I will be able to play Kinkon for as long as I like on PS2? What the hell is wrong with the XBox live people? [/b]
XBox Live appears to be better run, and more people on it. Also, XBox live people don't have to pay for a network adaptor (neither do people with slimline PS2s).

Also, you've got to keep in mind it will go through your bandwidth, ie the amount of data transfered from your system.

I'm hoping that if I'm playing the rugby forum guys from NZ then there shouldn't be too much lag on the 256kb/s connection I'll be getting.

So, has Mario said anything about ideal connection speeds?

Let's hope it'll run well on 256 broadband and up.

I seriously doubt any lag at all for us keeping in NZ.

Now for crossing underwater with our outdated overworked cable.............now there we may have problems...............especially if it is to Alaska!

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Oct 12 2005, 06:57 PM
I'm hoping that if I'm playing the rugby forum guys from NZ then there shouldn't be too much lag on the 256kb/s connection I'll be getting.

So, has Mario said anything about ideal connection speeds?

Let's hope it'll run well on 256 broadband and up.
depends on what upload speed you have.
I don't think that 256 will be that good.

Latest posts