• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

$onny Bill Bails On The Dogs

Yeah! Beating Western Farce was a pretty awesome acheivement, wasn't it? :bleh!:[/b]
Fairly average considering they were a development team without their Wallabies. If anything the Saracens performance is getting worse over time, I predict relegation. :D

*yawn* Fairly average excuses for a team who fellow Farce Fans said were going to sweep the NH. Have you been learning from Mite, perchance? ;)

I take it when you get humped in next year's Super 14 playoffs, you'll complain that the Cheetahs were ruthless against what was after all a Western Force "development team" preparing for next season? :p

The guy is a monster, I am sure there will be plenty to report in the coming years

When fit, he reminds me of mal meninga or lomu

Steamrolling people….and I dare say the men in french rugby are hardly as big as what he steamrolled in the NRL.

It like all of us going back and playing under 12's

[/b]

You don't even know what you're talking about... <_<

<div class='quotemain'> The guy is a monster, I am sure there will be plenty to report in the coming years

When fit, he reminds me of mal meninga or lomu

Steamrolling people….and I dare say the men in french rugby are hardly as big as what he steamrolled in the NRL.

It like all of us going back and playing under 12's

[/b]

You don't even know what you're talking about... <_< [/b][/quote]

bullshit champ :lol2tn:

</span>

And SBW on the wing…….please, his workload is now atleast 50% less physical. :lol:

<span style="font-family:Times">And SBW on the wing…….please, his workload is now atleast 50% less physical. :lol: </span>

[/b]

I'd say 90% less lol

In SBW’s case to join Toulon its to ultimately become an AB
What better way to learn the game, than to jump in the kiddies pool and learn to swim
its easier to learn in the kiddies pool @ Toulon, than it is to jump in the deep end without floaties (ie S14, TEST Rugby)

In SBW’s case to join Toulon its to ultimately become an AB
What better way to learn the game, than to jump in the kiddies pool and learn to swim
its easier to learn in the kiddies pool @ Toulon, than it is to jump in the deep end without floaties (ie S14, TEST Rugby)[/b]
It gives him a large amount of high quality games and get away from the NRL media that would rip him to shreds. If French rugby was such low quality why would it be thriving far greater then the NRL is? I wonder if it's a little bit of arrogance in there, maybe why you cannot protect your players as you think your product is obviously the best.(AFL believes the same so don't worry)

give up BLR
thriving more than the NRL? - what is ur definition of thriving?
is it $$$ - well ur right
crowd figures and stadiums in french club rugby are **** poor
the $$ comes from the businessmen, who inject copius amts of unwarranted cash
Toulon 13,500 capacity stadium - is smaller that leichardt oval or even BALLYMORE!!!
Thriving - this is not thriving - its sitting in no mans land when the cash to the pockets outweighs the cash to the facilities
paying squillions to play in front of nobodies and against mainly nobodies
Its thriving in the pockets and thats it
its lacking in everything else - except the avenue towards the RWC2011

Look at the NRL crowds lately, considering Stade de France games can get up to 80,000 supporters I tend to think that is definition of thriving. Interest is high, people go to games, plenty of money etc. Remember that football is essentially number 1 in much of France as well.

Toulon have been in the second division so the lack of a big ground surely doesn't show a thing, besides, it is far better having a packed house at 13,000 for a second division game then 8,000 in a 80,000 stadium for a top flight game in NRL.

Did you watch the 2007 Rugby World Cup, it broke all the records and even the minnow games were packed out by supporters, I wonder how many Australian rugby league supporters will go have a look at Lebanon v Ireland?

But that's besides the point, the point is, you're angry at SBW that he left NRL as NRL is obviously the best competition ever devised. Everyone loves it and it was invented by Jesus Christ himself.

<div class='quotemain'>
And in every statement, he is completely full of ****.[/b]
And you're a good mate of his I take it? How do you know if he is full of **** if you don't even know him?

Let's just condemn people to death without trial while we are at it yeah? ;) [/b][/quote]

Look, I'm just sick and tired of professional altheletes bullshitting me. He left because he was offered 3 times as much money. I get it. I would do the exact same thing, just don't tell me you're leaving on a different basis, because I know you're full of ****. Sure, maybe Union can offer him the All Blacks, but I know that wasn't the reason why he left in the first place. Maybe I'm a synical prick that has been through too many contract disputes in North America, but at the end of the day, if you're going to receive a contract worth three times as much you take it. And as for the Bulldogs accepting the buyout, well that's just good business, going through a dirty ass lawsuit in the public eye is just not good for business. So you accept the buyout and you look good PR wise. It doesn't mean you're the bad guy it just means you're smart.

Considering how he isn't earning THAT much more money then his league contract and the huge payout he had to make to appease the Bulldogs I am sceptical that it is about the money. From my time living in New Zealand as a kid I can understand why he would want to play for the All Blacks, it's pretty much living your greatest dream as a kiwi kid.

The thing that made me angry is watching the NRL Footy Show the guy who interviewed SBW the week before came in and said his reasons for doing so made sense and SBW was a stand up kind of bloke yet despite all the evidence otherwise from someone who actually knows SBW they continued to go on the same course that has gone on since he left.

I put it down to this, he did the wrong thing for the right reasons, painting it any other way is deeply insulting to SBW and from what I have heard via the media from people who actually know him the incident the way it is being reported eg. all for the money, is entirely out of his character, so isn't it possible that perhaps that the money excuse isn't the actual reason and that he is leaving to furfill a childhood dream of playing for the All Black, which would entirely fit in with his character regardless of the bad judgement of the way he did it, probably caused by desperation.

give up BLR
Toulon 13,500 capacity stadium - is smaller that leichardt oval or even BALLYMORE!!!
Thriving - this is not thriving - its sitting in no mans land when the cash to the pockets outweighs the cash to the facilities

[/b]

You don't even know what you're talking about...

Sour grapes :bleh!:

I read somewhere that Tana Umaga said he could become the greatest rugby player - due to his size and speed.

<div class='quotemain'> give up BLR

[/b]

You don't even know what you're talking about...

Sour grapes :bleh!:
[/b][/quote]

Nothing but nothing screams "I'm from the Southern Hemisphere and I don't get Northern Hemisphere Club Rugby!!" and "I don't get modern professional sport!" more than all of those horribly inaccurate statements.

Fact is, crowd fitures and stadiums in French Club Rugby are actually pretty awesome. Stade Fancais has at least one 80,000 game at the Stade de France a season and hold the record for the highest damn crowd attendence in French Sport! This season, they have booked the Stade de France for four games this season and will be expected to average a gate of 79,000. Yes, very poor :p

The likes of Clermont, Biarritz and the other big French clubs are expanding their stadia to every bigger sizes beyond 20,000 because of the rise in crowds.

And believe it or not, it doesn't matter how big you are, how many fans you have and how prestigious the sport you play in. Modern professional sport depends on rich men with deep pockets. Always has and always will do. And in that regard the NRL is no different to the Top 14. Simple as.

If the Bulldog's lawyers can't prove that SBW illeigally left to go to France then tough t*tties, get with the program and find a way to make your game more profitable. If League really is as popular down there as it claims I'm sure a sport in one of the world's top ten economic powerhouses can generate enough dough or attact enough big name billionaires to stop the talent drain.

TL-DR summary: stop whinging and get earning the dough to get even!

:bleh!: i am back
Its like going to south America and buying the cheapest coke yet the strongest, when compared to buying in Sydney at 4 times the rate and less than half the strength</span>

Sonny Bill is a money grubbing loser. He'll be forgotten in rugby unless he does some superhuman stuff. League will find another superstar, they always do. With any luck by 2010, many will be saying Sonny Bill's swap to rugby was as ill thought out as John Gallagher's to league, many a year ago!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Aug 26 2008, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
:bleh!: i am back
But unless ur French they don't give a sh*t who you are…</span></span>[/b]

Once again, nothing more screams "I don't get NH Club Rugby" than this. I love it when SH fans talk smack about the South of France and yet when they go up there for a world cup, they're all smiles and toady grovelling deference to their sudden gallic masters for the next three or four weeks. Seriously :rolleyes: .

<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">
I'm not going to bother going through the rest of the utter drivel that is your post on a subject which you have absolutely no clue apart from some poorly researched "facts" that you got from a quick scan on Wikipedia.

Rugby is big in France. Get over it. Rugby is big in the South of France. Get over it. Rugby is big amongst most income brackets. Get over it. Rugby is big amongst the Basque and Catalans. Get the hell over it.

In the end, I honestly don't care what SBW is. In fact by my eyes, he did go for the dollar. But that is professional sport. Get. Over. It

Move on, go back to whatever it was you were doing, stop embarrasing yourself by pretending you know everything about NH Club rugby. Slag off SBW all you want though, like I care, but don't blame everyone else for the fact that it was a lack of cash which prompted SBW to flee like the mercenary he is.

I was more referring to other people comments indicating French rugby is stronger than the NRL

Only in pocket son â€" nothing more.

I realise thats profressional sport…

All I was saying is that if SBW and the Bulldogs were leading the NRL competition â€" He would still be here at this point in time.

He is a sore loser â€" a grub

Latest posts