• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

$onny Bill Bails On The Dogs

ak47, how do you explain the NRL gladly accepting the money to drop the charges? Doesn't that take away any morale high ground, as it shows that the act of leaving isn't what ****** them off, it was the loss of earning potential and money.

I'm sick of the excuse that he is going for the money, is it possible he maybe WANTS to play union?

I don’t care if its money or for AB’s
It’s the time and they way he did it

Chase money I don’t care……..dont do it when the chips are down like a sore f***en loser.

Good riddance, its not the money chasing I hate.

I just added the salary cap thingy restraint of trade excuse, as its just another stupid comment out of his stupid **** for brains mouth, and disproven with the way the raiders are playing with a $2 million dollar roster

The cap does not need to be raised and it wont, until there is enough of the pie to expand it…till then…….dont use that stupid excuse SBW â€" just admit â€" ur a sore loser u cannot hack losing, and u gotto go running RIGHT NOW

I do not condone the NRL’s gladly accepting money…I wanted them to take him to the cleaners â€" NRL = idiots on that point

I'm sick of the excuse that he is going for the money, is it possible he maybe WANTS to play union? [/b]

he could have waited 8 friggen measly weeks

If he WANTS to play Union â€" good on him

But wait till seasons end, broker a deal and do it properly

I’ll say it again

If Bulldogs are winning the comp â€" he would not have left like he did

It’s the feint hearted, I wont try, I hate it down here, I hate losing, all I wanna do is win, I am leaving, u all let me down, I am the best and leaving now, I cant hack this **** good-bye Gen Y attitude from SBW â€" that makes me vomit

And he says he aint a coward â€" oh educate this fool union â€" he is as dumb as bat sh*t

SBW reminds me of :
the little sh*t in playground rugby, that gives-up when its 40 nil
the cry baby that starts chucking baseball style when I am batting into 150 in park cricket
the gamer that throws the controller away at 40-nil in rugby 2008
a quitter on xboxlive, or ps3 network
walker off the golf course after a 50 on the front 9
the cry-baby that says name calling hurts more than the punches
the swede bronze medal wrestler that couldn’t accept bronze medal
John Mcenroe blowing up when it was a foot inside the line
Marat Safin and his forfeit last month
The underarm Chappel brothers
Liesal Jones after a loss
Sally Robins
The guy that walks out on his team when coming last to live in france immediately, and cant speak French

Anyone feel free to add some more quitter *****es

If he waited until the end of the League season he would have to wait many months until the next union season up north or any transfer window if they have them up north.

He left when he did so that he could play up north, as that is when their season starts. He wants to play in the 2011 World cup remember, it is logical he would want to bite the bullet to achieve his dream rather then waiting a year of not playing rugby of any kind if he somehow got away from NRL's legal pitbulls in the long period of not playing, which would have not happened.

As it stands he cut and ran to get what he wanted as realistically there was only a very tiny window of opportunity and although it was a dog act it was really the only option that he had if he wanted the time to learn the game and get into the All Blacks for the 2011 World Cup. I look forward to seeing him play for the Highlanders in the future. ;)

Come on man be honest if you were unhappy with the team your playing for would you hang around?It's like a marriage and wanting a divorce people still stick around but eventuall you've just gotta do what you gotta do.

Taking care of your own needs usually comes before others so I think he just needed to get away from all the tension of his surroundings and unfortunately only a switch of codes could have provided that for him.

As it stands he cut and ran to get what he wanted as realistically there was only a very tiny window of opportunity and although it was a dog act it was really the only option that he had if he wanted the time to learn the game and get into the All Blacks for the 2011 World Cup. I look forward to seeing him play for the Highlanders in the future. ;) [/b]
Nah, he'll go to the Tahs and we'll make a wallaby out of him :cheers: .

Well then, we'll see if Sonny will become a pedigree hound for Toulon...

...or if he'll turn out to be Farrell 2.0

Toulon vs Saracens Warm up, tonight!

Nah, he'll go to the Tahs and we'll make a wallaby out of him :cheers: .[/b]
Please, everyone knows that NSW excel at letting good talent slip by in favour of what is marketable while the real 'player makers' are the ACT Brumbies and in recent times the Western Force have made stars out of previously unwanted players. SBW would be another Rogers if he came to the Tahs, why would you want to play in Sydney anyway. ;)

If he waited until the end of the League season he would have to wait many months until the next union season up north or any transfer window if they have them up north.

He left when he did so that he could play up north, as that is when their season starts. He wants to play in the 2011 World cup remember, it is logical he would want to bite the bullet to achieve his dream rather then waiting a year of not playing rugby of any kind if he somehow got away from NRL's legal pitbulls in the long period of not playing, which would have not happened.

As it stands he cut and ran to get what he wanted as realistically there was only a very tiny window of opportunity and although it was a dog act it was really the only option that he had if he wanted the time to learn the game and get into the All Blacks for the 2011 World Cup. I look forward to seeing him play for the Highlanders in the future. ;) [/b]

YOUR WRONG BLR

HE CAN SIGN MID-RUGBY SEASON WITH TOULON...HE COULD EVEN SIGN WITH FRANCE RUGBY BUT NOT STEP ON THE FRENCH FIELD UNTIL THE LAST ROUND FFS

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/hypoc...7097532193.html

Williams's secretive method of departure is inexcusable. In this instance, Williams knew that if he did, the Dogs would have sought an injunction and prevented him leaving the country.

But that's beside the point. He should have waited until the end of the year; Toulon would have happily accepted him halfway through their season.

The Toulon owner even quoted as saying this, but am having trouble digging that one up <_<

found it - it wasnt toloun owner but the presidnet of the club rugby france - the great sergo blanco

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5017481,00.html

FRANCE'S club rugby president has encouraged Sonny Bill Williams to finish the NRL season with the Bulldogs before moving to Toulon.

Serge Blanco, a former Les Bleus fullback with 93 Test caps, said he was disappointed the 22-year-old Williams had not honoured his contract with the Bulldogs before going to France for a proposed switch to rugby union.

"In my view, (Williams) should finish his season with his club in Australia and then come to France,'' Blanco said.

"I find it funny and bizarre that a player would break his contract in the middle of the season to go somewhere else. There is a rule in the French competition that a player can finish his season in Australia and then come to France midway through the season.''

Blanco, whose Ligue Nationale de Rugby controls the Top 14 and Pro D2 competitions in France, said he had not yet been contacted by NRL chief executive David Gallop over the issue. Blanco also said Toulon had not consulted him about Williams' reported recruitment.

"No one is in the know at the moment,'' Blanco said. "I don't know Sonny Bill Williams, but in the last few days I have heard his name a lot. I have received no official demand from the Toulon club. I am waiting to see what will happen.''

HE IS A FLAT OUT SORE LOSER

So don't tell me he had to go right then and there to maximise his rugby potential

What a cat

If he is such a sore loser wouldn't he join Tolouse or a more successful team instead of a team that just got promoted to the top flight last year?

And the breach of contract means nothing now that the Bulldogs have accepted the payout of the contract, now that they decided to take the money they have no leg to stand on, it is a transfer not breach of contract anymore.

He obvoiusly lost a lot of respect for the club in part due to what Mason did, he looked up to him and when Willie I think convinced him to stay at the Dogs and upped and left, he ended up with extra responsibility and through all of the hatred he obviously had built up and losing on top of that and with Mundine in his ear, he just snapped and upped and left.

He took the wrong option sure, but I believe it lifted a huge amount of weight off his shoulders when he did what he did, kind of a cleansing I suppose.

And besides he will easily be replaced, look at Barber (sp) and all of the new talent coming through the U20's, he got his shot which may not have come if SBW stayed and he showed a great amount of talent, so the NRL hasn't lost much, in fact that under 20s comp has been a master stroke by the NRL and I applaud them for it, in fact some of us here have probably enjoyed our fair amount of those games this year, I know I have and will continue to do so in the future.

Rant over...continue the bashing...

who knows why he joined toloun
what is known he would NOT have left if the bulldogs MID-SEASON if they were on top of the ladder
simple

who knows why he joined toloun
what is known he would NOT have left if the bulldogs MID-SEASON if they were on top of the ladder
simple[/b]
Who knows that? Did he say anything about that at all? Maybe you'd leave a team if they were doing bad but it is wrong to taint SBW with the same brush.

What is ACTUALLY known is that he wasn't happy with the Bulldogs and the way they treated him plus also wanted to play for the All Blacks. Stick to the facts that have been proven, not spiteful accusations by the Bulldogs and NRL. Next we'll find out SBW is related to Osama Bin Laden and possessed WMD's. :D

He obviously has a great pressence on the field and being so admired by his peers, he should have been given the captaincy. I'm sure that would have sparked the pups up a bit. Look at what he did for that team he coached on the Footy Show before he ditched us. The man obviously has leadership qualities.

Could well have made a difference not only to his old teams performances but his own as well, that way he could have fired up more and let out all of his aggression on his team mates if they performed ***** but also to have such a responsibility it may have been an experience that he needed.

You know, just a way to take away all of what was controlling him and to have the responsibility and feelling of being in control which he got in the end through the way he chose.

Well the Saracens - Toulon friendly ended 32 - 27 to Saracens!

Obviously, I'll offer Toulon the Mite excuse and say that Toulon were packed full of Academy Youngsters like Jerry Collins and others, sad, so sad that a team like that flattered Saracens so much*.

However, one new kid, an academy youngster, no idea if you've heard of him...I can't quite remember his name..Sonny Bill Williams(?) well he scored a try in the game and apparently a fine one it was too!

(*sarcasm)

I wont be getting into a petty argument of what he has said,

But I’d bet a lot of money if hypothetically speaking the bulldogs were leading the comp and in minor premiership status â€" he would not have jetted off in the dark mid-season

What we do know is that he wants to be an AB â€" fair enough

We also know what he says is sometimes an inept interpretation

SBW 08/08/2008

"Cowards are people that run away. I didn't run away," Williams said.

We also know that the pressure of losing equates to blame game within clubs
Ie , Mgmt blame coach, coach can blame players, and vice versa
Which would be extinct if your leading the comp, so I dare say, there would be know bitterness to use as an excuse to jump ship, if he were to do it mid-season and on top of the table.

The Mundine factor weighs heavily on this poor mans mind which is obviously **** easy to manipulate.
I cant wait to see him with the AB’s and lose

Lets not forget the game he promoted for people with Polynesian passports get in for FREE, and he never turns up to play â€" and its been reported, he feigned an injury because he was preparing to escape to france….talk about a stab in the back for his people

I cannot comprehend the amount of justification some people are giving this nimrod, in particular under the circuamstance and means in which he left
Ie losing big time week in week out, and disappears Houdini like in the dark of the night.
Its like he is avading the cops or the tax man â€" pls be a man and do it the right way and say good-bye â€" now his team mates have lost respect â€" and some were mates, good mates….well not anymore.
He is a gutless wonder â€" a talented gutless wonder, that is a deceitful confused dumb moron

The guy is a monster, I am sure there will be plenty to report in the coming years

When fit, he reminds me of mal meninga or lomu

Steamrolling people….and I dare say the men in french rugby are hardly as big as what he steamrolled in the NRL.

It like all of us going back and playing under 12’s

Real impressive Prestwick, beating a team just promoted from the.. ..second division. ;) [/b]

Yeah! Beating Western Farce was a pretty awesome acheivement, wasn't it? :bleh!:

Latest posts