• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

$onny Bill Bails On The Dogs

Sonny Bill Williams... FAIL lol serious he should just say for the money... be straight up!

Sonny Bill Williams... FAIL lol serious he should just say for the money... be straight up!
[/b]
He isn't getting that much more, he wants to play for the All Blacks, I mean, Rugby League has nothing that would compare for a Kiwi.

There were reports that he was only getting similar money to what he was getting in League until he proved his worth but I think it is just a way to talk down the money side of things.

The Footy Show interview should be interesting to see where his head is.

yeah big tell all interview on the footy show tonight which apparently has some bombshells in it.

I would find it hard to believe he would only be getting 450k at toulon. They were supposedly going to give him 3 mill for 2 years there is no way they would drop down so much. I think it would have to be at least 1 mill surely and if performance is good enough the club has the option to keep him over another year. unless the nzrfu changes its policy even further he will have to come to nz at some point so he can be selected for the all blacks.

Just saw on the news Sonny Bill played anyway for Toulon so what now? What about injunction put on him from the NRL does that mean he's gonna have to go to court? Hope not looks like he made quite an impact too.

...and didn't Sonny look good with the ball in hand....except for that time he shoulder charged a guy and got sent off....some habits may take a while to break haha!

word on the street.
sbw is using a samoan passport.
the prime minister issued it especially for him.
on the condition that he plays for samoa :rolleyes:
which im not sure is true or not.
n yea he probli wnt play for all blacks hvng nt playd rugby in nz.lol
sbw@centre???hmmmmm :wacko:
toulon has a predi gud side on paper!!!

Sonny Bill playing for Samoa would be another interesting twist haha but that's never going to happen.

yeah big tell all interview on the footy show tonight which apparently has some bombshells in it.

I would find it hard to believe he would only be getting 450k at toulon. They were supposedly going to give him 3 mill for 2 years there is no way they would drop down so much. I think it would have to be at least 1 mill surely and if performance is good enough the club has the option to keep him over another year. unless the nzrfu changes its policy even further he will have to come to nz at some point so he can be selected for the all blacks. [/b]

What has been communicated by the RCT is that he will receive 300 000 â'¬ per year (basically the same as Gasnier with Stade Français).

The story is coming to an end...SBW will pay a compensation fee to the Bulldogs, mainly from his pocket, plus a little bit from Toulon , to clear things out.

finical settlement has been reached.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/2013436
he Bulldogs have released Sonny Bill Williams from his five-year NRL contract after negotiating a financial settlement with the want-away star.

Details of the settlement were not disclosed but it is believed the Bulldogs were given in the vicinity of $750,000 to allow Williams to take up a two-year deal with French rugby club Toulon.

Williams had been under contract with the Bulldogs through to the end of the 2012 season but walked out on the club with seven games remaining in the current campaign.

The settlement stipulates that Williams cannot play for any other NRL club until the end of the 2012 season, though the Kiwi international has already stated his intention never to return to rugby league.

"We remain bitterly disappointed at the manner in which Sonny Bill deserted his team-mates and his supporters," Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said in a statement today.

"We have, however, reached the point where we need to get on with business and we have withdrawn the injunction against him playing for any other club.

"Neither the Bulldogs nor Sonny Bill have anything further to gain by drawing this situation out any further.

"With this matter resolved we now look to finishing off our final few games of the season as strongly as possible and delivering Steve Folkes the farewell he deserves."

:( Money bill should never be allowed to play for any australian rugby or rugby league franchise ever agian

2012 his NRL ban is lifted, he may return to the NRL...after he single handedly wins the 2011 Rugby World Cup for the All Blacks.:D

Typical aye they were calling him Money Bill Williams than all of a sudden they get $350,000 and everythings all good and they still trying to say that they're disappointed about it but who are they kidding they've got their payment so all is forgotten.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("fcukernaut")</div>
The proper thing to do would to have brought in both the bulldogs front office and the representatives of Sonny Bill and work out a buyout of the contract. There's $1.6mil left on the SBW contract? Call it 800k, have toulon pick up the check[/b]

Am I a genius or what? July 31st, I said this. Only 50k off the number.

farkin win the RWC for the AB's
fark i heard all that before
and all that happens is cough cough choke choke
he'll be injured more than not, with his 12.5 games per season average anyhow, will be lucky to make the side let alone win the damn thing

Latest posts