• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Opinions on The Allblacks and Austrailia not being licensed in the game ?

its a disappointment that the ABs and Wallabies player likeliness wont be included. didnt think you needed the licence for the player creation

Presumably the SA one is Du Preez, but if you are asking about the NZ scrum half then it is a fictional player, as the game does not include the licensed All Blacks and therefore cannot replicate the real life players in the game.

I realized that... sarcasm on my part. Just to end the speculation on player likeness

@stan_stan

The player editor isnt gonna be a case of good or bad dude. All you can edit is names, positions and attributes I believe.
For what it is, it cant be bad really unless like in '08 you cant fit a name in longer than 8 letters lol.

If you were planning on creating players, your gonna need to find someone already in the game who is a similar build, skin colour and hair, and just change their name and stats <_<

@stan_stan

The player editor isnt gonna be a case of good or bad dude. All you can edit is names, positions and attributes I believe.
For what it is, it cant be bad really unless like in '08 you cant fit a name in longer than 8 letters lol.

If you were planning on creating players, your gonna need to find someone already in the game who is a similar build, skin colour and hair, and just change their name and stats <_<
At least you're not 2 weeks late with a response to my post, which was before we knew a player creator didn't exist.<_<

@stan_stan

My understanding so far is that you can't change which nationality a player plays for, so you are limited to the 30 player squad that your team has. In New Zealands case, I can't imagine there'll be enough similar looking players to create a remotely accurate team.

Especially given that in one screenshot for NZ there is a grey haired lock and a couple of bald players, one polynesian, one european. The Richie McCaw is blonde. If the heights and weights aren't adjustable, then you'll only have other players of the same position to swap with, which won't give much in the way of choice sadly.

So you won't have more than 30 players for each country. No national playerbase. Thet sucks. I mean in the warm up games there's an extended squad so why not allow it for the game.

I think Alastair has spoken to the disappointment we have for not being able to secure the licenses for Australia and New Zealand for our game.
Believe me we did everything in our power to get those licenses but in the end it just didn't work out.

I am an Aussie myself, so I would love to play as an authentic Australia in our game, but it doesn't stop me from playing as Australia and I hope it doesn't stop you guys from doing the same.

Are the unlicensed teams players going to be based on the real players or are they completely made up?

how about a sqaud copy or transfer option,so we can change the players about? player size and colour being the goal.

Wait.. England ranked #2 in the world in football? they're 4th and tbh Brasil should still be above em.. for a exact comparison it should be Spain and Netherlands from football (ranked #1 and #2)

For me it isnt a huge gamebreaker as they are still gonna be in the game, yes its annoying not all licences are there but theres not really much that can be done now tbh :/ Just hope the players in the positions of their real life counterparts are close in terms of height and hair etc then just edit names etc.

excuse my soccer ignorance hahaha. No wait football...

Just thinking that since they can't do player likeness that shouldn't stop exact stats being what they should be. So you might have Harry Potter playing first five for the All Blacks ,no wait New Zealand, but surely Harry Potter could have the exact stats that good ole DC would have had. Stats are pretty subjective, so you couldn't get nailed for it legally, surely. All you would need to do is change the name to Dan Carter and whilst he might not look like Dan Carter he'll play like him. That would be good enough as long as the physical attributes are close-ish. Well as long as you get the build and hair colour right, sweet as.

Just thinking that since they can't do player likeness that shouldn't stop exact stats being what they should be. So you might have Harry Potter playing first five for the All Blacks ,no wait New Zealand, but surely Harry Potter could have the exact stats that good ole DC would have had. Stats are pretty subjective, so you couldn't get nailed for it legally, surely. All you would need to do is change the name to Dan Carter and whilst he might not look like Dan Carter he'll play like him. That would be good enough as long as the physical attributes are close-ish. Well as long as you get the build and hair colour right, sweet as.

RWC 11 let's you change the stats anyway.

RWC 11 let's you change the stats anyway.

True that. I was hoping Hb was going to all the work for us though :D and likewise with Sidhe. double:D. Then only minor adjustments might need to be made rather than over hauling every single player in every single unlicenced team. Give ya a box of ****?

Last edited:
I think Alastair has spoken to the disappointment we have for not being able to secure the licenses for Australia and New Zealand for our game.
Believe me we did everything in our power to get those licenses but in the end it just didn't work out.

I am an Aussie myself, so I would love to play as an authentic Australia in our game, but it doesn't stop me from playing as Australia and I hope it doesn't stop you guys from doing the same.

Believe me, I'll still play as New Zealand too. I know it probably seems I'm giving HB a particularly hard time about this, but I don't mean to. I'm just wanting the next best solution that myself and the other fans could ask for and I feel HB aren't too far away from that.

My only gutted feeling is probably that hair colour can't be changed, that's not a licensing infringement and would've helped just a little more. Height and weight not being changeable either, you can't choose someone who looks near enough and shove them in a different position, so that's kind of out too.

Still, I don't know it all yet. When I get the game I may find that the names and stats may be enough. I hope.

One thing I don't understand is, how can the position editor work? After all, a halfback can't be swapped with a lock really due to his height etc?

Thanks for your earlier reply anyhow Glen. :)

I will buy a sports ***le game based on gameplay too but also depth and realism and from what we have heard and seen Rugby World Cup 2011 just doesn't have enough depth for me to want to purchase it. Sidhe's RC on the other hand is sounding like a more complete Next Gen Rugby ***le with real potential.

Not too fussed about gameplay. I played days and days on Rugby 08 and the only gripe I had about the gameplay was that there should have been more penalties to simulate real Rugby matches. People go on and on about Jonah Lomu Rugby being so great for gameplay. What's so great about it?

I care much more about graphics and customization because in my opinion developers never get the teams and players to my satisfaction and I like to go in and fix everything up. Rugby Challenge has an amazing editor/creator which I will be putting to use to add in all the Legends of the game (Colin Meads, Gareth Edwards, George Nepia etc).

Height and weight not being changeable either, you can't choose someone who looks near enough and shove them in a different position, so that's kind of out too.

Still, I don't know it all yet. When I get the game I may find that the names and stats may be enough. I hope.

One thing I don't understand is, how can the position editor work? After all, a halfback can't be swapped with a lock really due to his height etc?

You might want to edit this post now CA following the answers given last night by HB-AJ, that height and weight are changeable for all players, relieving some of your concerns above.

I am hoping that in the greater NZ and Australia squad that HB have included the right number of skin colour types, hair colour+hair styles combos, scrum caps etc (but the players bodies are all of incorrect height & weights) for the real-life first XV starting players, but they are just unwilling to say as much as this might be considered them taking the **** out of the union/license holder.

e.g. one of the reserve squad players is a 5ft 4, 9st scrumhalf called Kieran Nelsen (or whaterver) that has the same skin, & hair type as Jerome Kaino, and its up to me to adjust his name, physical and playing stats to actually reflect Jerome Kaino

You might want to edit this post now CA following the answers given last night by HB-AJ, that height and weight are changeable for all players, relieving some of your concerns above.

I am hoping that in the greater NZ and Australia squad that HB have included the right number of skin colour types, hair colour+hair styles combos, scrum caps etc (but the players bodies are all of incorrect height & weights) for the real-life first XV starting players, but they are just unwilling to say as much as this might be considered them taking the **** out of the union/license holder.

e.g. one of the reserve squad players is a 5ft 4, 9st scrumhalf called Kieran Nelsen (or whaterver) that has the same skin, & hair type as Jerome Kaino, and its up to me to adjust his name, physical and playing stats to actually reflect Jerome Kaino

Great point Raziel, part of why I came back to this thread. It's somewhat of a relief, because it's bound to make the customisation of teams somewhat better than what it was looking.

I'd say I've gone from 30% happy with customisation options to 60%, which probably indicated how much this should help.

After seeing that HB have confirmed a fair few countries for RWC 2011 South Africa, England, Scotland, Wales and France these licensed all seem to have the nations home grounds included but the fact that the RWC 2011 game will have no licensed stadia from NZ (the actual stadiums used during the RWC) seems a bit sad... Your warm up matches are gonna be awesome played at home but when you go to the World Cup you'll be playing in generic stadia, which is a bit stink :(

The new Scotland pic looks pretty good, although the animations haven't changed since Rugby 06 with Matfield not even reaching for the ball at the lineout...

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=989&d=1309883780

Well it looks at the moment that RC doesn't have Exclusive Licences for many International Team, until HB bring a club game out we cannot compare.com, therefore we should all buy both games.

Latest posts