Ospreys Xmas Meal = Taibach RFC Clubhouse Trashed

TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
Was at work today when I was serving a customer and he told me that he had heard something that went down last Sunday with the Ospreys Xmas meal at Taibach RFC. So I went on the investigation front and came across this from a facebook friend.

Interesting thing I've just been told... Ospreys had their Xmas party in the big room upstairs in Taibach clubhouse Sunday night. Riots there apparently - they've trashed the place. Some allegedly smoking pot... - fighting broke out, Jamie Nutbrown in hospital, toilets wrecked, furniture thrown around, vomit everywhere, windows broken, staff of Taibach RFC threatened, kids in a party downstairs were witnesses to a disgraceful display of behaviour. Cuddy and Ospreys management are trying to hush it up. Main perpetrators apparently are 4 Welsh Osprey players.
A bit more info on this - apparently they all had lunch at the Bagle Brook before heading for Taibach. By about 7pm some could hardly stand up, and were throwing glasses around, so the steward shut the bar. Welsh international winger, hooker and former All Black walked out in disgust. CCTV caught it all, including about eight of them rolling and smoking spliffs. former All Black pulled the Welsh hooker away from another Welsh backrow player - apparently the hooker lost it with the backrow and was going to belt him one.
An off-duty policeman also witnessed it all.
So many of them were throwing up that the steward had put out buckets for them to be sick in. Fly Half then started picking up the buckets and throwing the contents around the room.
Professional sportsmen? Good grief!
A source has been to Taibach RFC this evening - his son plays for Taibach juniors and they had their Xmas party Monday night. Coach of the juniors is the club stewardess' husband, and he confirmed it all. Ospreys are now trying to come the heavy handed big brother insisting that it's kept quiet - Scott Johnson been down there demanding silence and also trying to insist that Taibach hand over the CCTV tape which contains much incriminating footage. He says Taibach have always been very pro-Ospreys, but are not happy with the way this is being handled and are awaiting a more official communication from the Ospreys board before they decide what to do about it. I've also heard from elsewhere that they ran up a £4500 bar bill and caused at least £5000 worth of damage.

The source was later said to be true by two of my mates one who plays for the club and one who's misses was working at the clubhouse.

Also Western Mail might not make a fuss of this because Lyn Howells loves the Os!

Last edited:
Might want to avoid putting up names right now, we wouldn't want TRF to be the subject of any legal action.

Various forums have threads on this, and there are more details on the guestbook of an O's feeder RFC.

There's something odd happening at the Ospreys, and I don't want to be a part of it.

Pricks!

Would say it was likely to be the twitter cru but I bet they were too busy discussing their kill-death ratio on CoD

OMG thats mental!!!! I've heard and witnessed that they are a little bit of a pain on nights out in swansea = only certain individuals tho (not naming names tho). When you say "Welsh international winger, hooker and former All Black walked out in disgust".... do you mean walked out because of the riots or because of the lack of alcohol?? :p F!!kin muppets tho!

OMG thats mental!!!! I've heard and witnessed that they are a little bit of a pain on nights out in swansea = only certain individuals tho (not naming names tho). When you say "Welsh international winger, hooker and former All Black walked out in disgust".... do you mean walked out because of the riots or because of the lack of alcohol?? :p F!!kin muppets tho!

Walked out in disgust of the antics!

Are the Ospreys a real rugby team or just having a laugh because it seems like they have no organisation or control?

ah right i gotcha.... got an idea who the players are now. Just seems to be a negative followed by a negative with us O's atm :( :( really sucks arse to be a supporter, probably one of the most hated clubs/regions in northern hemisphere atm (in one way or another). Ah well i'm sure things can't get worse.....

Cops told of incident at rugby club

POLICE have confirmed they have become aware of an incident at Taibach Rugby Club in Port Talbot on Sunday evening.

It is understood some Ospreys squad members were attending an event there that night and that there was also a children's party.

A Neath and Port Talbot police spokesman said: "Through information received from the community, police are aware of an incident at Taibach Rugby Club.

"Police were not called to the incident and have not received any formal criminal complaint but should any complaint be made then it would be investigated thoroughly."

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/n...ugby-club/article-3037922-detail/article.html

Just to say, the first post was copy and pasted from Scarlet Fever, so obviously anything the Ospreys do is blown out of proption. (I keep tabs on them and laugh when another person calls Tavis Knoyle a God.)

Just to say, the first post was copy and pasted from Scarlet Fever, so obviously anything the Ospreys do is blown out of proption. (I keep tabs on them and laugh when another person calls Tavis Knoyle a God.)

No it was not, you might find that it was copied of the Neath RFC Guestbook ... which I am informed been posted the same on the Scarlets forum (HERE). You might also want to check the times each one was posted, because the one on the guestbook is posted some 9 hours earlier :). I also know its not blown out proportion because I have two people who can confirm this, don't believe me then fine, but I know whats the truth and whats not, the Ospreys management have this all under wraps, its time it was exposed in my opinion.

Last edited:
If it leads to results like that we should have a massive ****-up/appalling brawl every weekend!! ;)

Would mean theres a greater chance of "welsh hooker" punching "welsh backrower" in the face, which is something i'd love to see

Oh dear!! Is Tommy ok? Leave him be you Welsh scoundrels!

You'd never hear of this at a Leinster Christmas party. It has been reported that at this year's soiree all players engaged in some seriously respectful behavior. Allegedly a large number of the senior players were seen having a cracking time and I've been told that there was a break out of good clean fun and festive holiday cheer.

Oh dear!! Is Tommy ok? Leave him be you Welsh scoundrels!

You'd never hear of this at a Leinster Christmas party. It has been reported that at this year's soiree all players engaged in some seriously respectful behavior. Allegedly a large number of the senior players were seen having a cracking time and I've been told that there was a break out of good clean fun and festive holiday cheer.
Early reports are that there was hearty laughter and jolly times...though this is yet to be confirmed

Early reports are that there was hearty laughter and jolly times...though this is yet to be confirmed

Can't be speculating about things like that here ... :lol:

I dunno if it's true but I've just heard that Shane Jennings was seen being taken home in a taxi. The taxi driver is said to have described Jennings' tip as "reasonably generous". Watch the Leinster Homepage for updates on this.

Latest posts