• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

OTools for editing .O and .FSH files

So far I've put a static crowd in the Aviva model, there's flags and camera flashes still so it's not too noticeable that they're not moving:

Untitled.png

Though I think I know how to get animated crowds. I'm trying to add a transparent glass bit on the small stand but no luck yet:

Untitled2.png

not bad! if I'm correct the flood lights are in the fx.bg file which are .jdi files, do you or anyone perhaps know how we can edit them in blender?

Looking for some more help. I've found some stadium models on Sketchup and converted them to Blender, one has worked well:
View attachment 10610

and one has not, I can't work out why this one hasn't come through properly apart from a rubbish import from sketchup:

View attachment 10611
Here's what it's like in blender:
View attachment 10612
excellent work. I like that more people join the update of the game, in itself it would be very good to have the updated stadiums. In my case, the only thing I could do was try to make some stages resemble reality as much as possible with the graphic tools at my disposal. What I do ask is that each work they do is shared with the active members of the forum.

Any ideas on how to do translucent/glass materials on stadia? Using the alpha values can do this but it cuts off the animated crowd effect when the crowd are behind a glass barrier, the model of Stadio Olimpico I'm working on has glass security barriers in front of the crowds so it looks ugly when the crowd animation doesn't show.

Enable alpha blending/alpha hashing in material properties
Detach the glass in a separate object
Use -sortByAlpha in OTools commands

Do you know where I can find a shirt/kit model to use as a template for fitting player head models into in Blender? Would make making neck/collar areas easier.

After that I export the stadium_0.o file. It creates a GLTF, but when I try to import this file to blender I get this error, can you help me?

1.jpg2.jpg

Is there an easy way to find the plaintext/english translation of the MD5 file names? In your first tutorial posts you make reference to them but I don't know where to find a list/etc of them or what file structure is used by the game.

Is there an easy way to find the plaintext/english translation of the MD5 file names? In your first tutorial posts you make reference to them but I don't know where to find a list/etc of them or what file structure is used by the game.
I have some filenames, but not all

Attachments

• filenames.txt
    33.3 KB · Views: 15
@Dmitri Are there any polygon or texture res limitations?

Simple things like a high res textures for the grass would look great.

From the looks of it the crowd is just a plane with an animated texture. Could this be replaced with some low poly models?

@Dmitri Are there any polygon or texture res limitations?

Simple things like a high res textures for the grass would look great.

From the looks of it the crowd is just a plane with an animated texture. Could this be replaced with some low poly models?
It's different for each game. There's no restriction on texture resolution in fsh itself.
But usually there are limitations in game's loading engine. For example, in FIFA 07 it's not possible to use textures higher than 2048x2048 and not recommneded to use textures higher than 1024x1024. But I don't know much about Rugby games. Here I used 2048x2048 and it worked. But there may be a limit of total memory which is allocated for all textures (there's one in FIFA 07), so it may work with one texture but won't work if you have too many.
As for polycount, there are also different limits, but OTools is able to split mesh into multiple meshes in order to fit these limits.

Latest posts