• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Over rated Players

lomu sucks hes a sell out to big name companys i was disgusted when lomu made his so called comeback in 2006 just because hes lomu doesnt mean he should be virtually automatically signed up for harbour i thought harbours worst game in 2006 was when lomu played he is overated and what kind of tosser tries to play with only 1 kidney and the fact that doctors advised him not lomu is just as thick as sivivatu [/b]
You were still coming to grips with using the toilet when Lomu was at the height of his powers.

Someone who acheieved so much cannot be blamed for wanting to, after being prematurely torn from it, return to the game that he loved more than anything in the world and that loved him back equally.

You call him a sell out to large companies. Why? Because he realises that he needs to make as much money as possible to see him through his life in a satisfactory quality compared to what he and his family had become accustomed to? You might not be aware, but Jonah Lomu isn't exactly Lawyer/Accountant/Engineer/Business-heavyweight material. He was blessed with tremendous athleticism and sporting capability and as a result must capitalise upon it as much as he can in the time he has been given.

He deserves far more respect than what you have afforded him.

lomu sucks hes a sell out to big name companys i was disgusted when lomu made his so called comeback in 2006 just because hes lomu doesnt mean he should be virtually automatically signed up for harbour i thought harbours worst game in 2006 was when lomu played he is overated and what kind of tosser tries to play with only 1 kidney and the fact that doctors advised him not lomu is just as thick as sivivatu [/b]

haterade.gif

What happened? Did Jonah Lomu snob you when you asked for a autograph?

O'Gara is so overated and so is cueto [/b]

I disagree. Who rates Cueto?

O'Gara is different. On his game he is a world class kicking fly half (the WC was a dip in form for the entire Irish squad not just him) but noone really rates him as the complete all round fly half.

Georden Murphy
Brian O'Driscoll
Paul O'Connell
Jonny Wilkinson
Gavin Henson
James Hook
Ronan O'Gara
Chris Jack (was, especially in 06/07)
Percy Montgomery
Leon MacDonald
Shane Williams
Wynand Olivier
Ricky Januarie
Byron Kelleher
Lote Tuqiri
Phil Waugh
Matt Giteau (to some extent)

Could list many others, but they would be agreed upon by everyone. These are players that are continually hailed as great players but in my mind are nothing special.

Georden Murphy
Brian O'Driscoll
Paul O'Connell
Jonny Wilkinson
Gavin Henson
James Hook
Ronan O'Gara
Percy Montgomery
Leon MacDonald
Shane Williams
Wynand Olivier
Ricky Januarie
Byron Kelleher
Lote Tuqiri
Phil Waugh

Could list many others, but they would be agreed upon by everyone. These are players that are continually hailed as great players but in my mind are nothing special.
[/b]
That's a list of legends, with except to a few.

Since when has anyone rated Wynand O? Everybody here hates him

<div class='quotemain'>
Georden Murphy
Brian O'Driscoll
Paul O'Connell
Jonny Wilkinson
Gavin Henson
James Hook
Ronan O'Gara
Percy Montgomery
Leon MacDonald
Shane Williams
Wynand Olivier
Ricky Januarie
Byron Kelleher
Lote Tuqiri
Phil Waugh

[/b]
That's a list of legends, with except to a few.

Since when has anyone rated Wynand O? Everybody here hates him
[/b][/quote]

That's what I mean, they're all huge names where more than most would throw every accolade at them,but they are over rated. At this point in time anyway.

I'm surprised, and happy that nobody mentioned Michalak yet. Not much french posters obviously...

I'd say ROG and BOD since they had a drop of form...Skrela (in France).

I'm surprised, and happy that nobody mentioned Michalak yet. Not much french posters obviously...

[/b]

Regarding Michalak, I’m waiting to see what he’s going to produce in South Africa…

To answer the question, I give my vote to Chabal. This chabalmania in France is really annoying and ridiculous. Tell me what he brought to France team during the RWC? Nothing. Otherwise, my all-time overrated player is Martin Johnson. He always played offside, aggressed opponents without getting any yellow card and didn’t do anything special with the ball in his hands.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Regarding Michalak, I'm waiting to see what he's going to produce in South Africa…

To answer the question, I give my vote to Chabal. This chabalmania in France is really annoying and ridiculous. Tell me what he brought to France team during the RWC? Nothing. Otherwise, my all-time overrated player is Martin Johnson. He always played offside, aggressed opponents without getting any yellow card and didn't do anything special with the ball in his hands. [/b][/quote]

:lol2tn:

Oh yes have to agree with Martin Johnson, was an inspirational captain but a **** rugby player. Johnny Wilkinson don't know how people can rate him as one of the best fly halves or in the caliber of someone like Dan Carter and Naas Botha.

Matt Tait is easily the most overrated player in the World. He is dim witted tactically and couldn't tackle grannys at Under 85's if his life depended on it. I really scratch my head when he gets selected for England, so many other better players for outside centre..good example would be Oillie Smith....10 times the player Tait is. Lote is not overrated just used on the wing..he should be at outside centre where he can get the ball at pace and use his giant hand off.

Oh yes have to agree with Martin Johnson, was an inspirational captain but a **** rugby player. Johnny Wilkinson don't know how people can rate him as one of the best fly halves or in the caliber of someone like Dan Carter and Naas Botha. [/b]

I just don't see it. He was a great player. One of the things that made him a great captain.

Lote is not overrated just used on the wing..he should be at outside centre where he can get the ball at pace and use his giant hand off.
[/b]
Didn't we try somethign like that and he failed miserably? Besides, he should be able to put himself in a position to get the ball at pace, you don't see all the great wingers of the world complaining of such things. For example, Drew Mitchell during the World Cup campaign, why did he score so many tries while Lote scored....was it one or none?
<div class='quotemain'> Oh yes have to agree with Martin Johnson, was an inspirational captain but a **** rugby player. Johnny Wilkinson don't know how people can rate him as one of the best fly halves or in the caliber of someone like Dan Carter and Naas Botha. [/b]
I just don't see it. He was a great player. One of the things that made him a great captain.
[/b][/quote]
I think it's a SH or non-english thing, he is lorded as this tremendous player for England but never really seemed that stunning of a player....

<div class='quotemain'>
Lote is not overrated just used on the wing..he should be at outside centre where he can get the ball at pace and use his giant hand off.
[/b]
Didn't we try somethign like that and he failed miserably? Besides, he should be able to put himself in a position to get the ball at pace, you don't see all the great wingers of the world complaining of such things. For example, Drew Mitchell during the World Cup campaign, why did he score so many tries while Lote scored....was it one or none?
<div class='quotemain'> Oh yes have to agree with Martin Johnson, was an inspirational captain but a **** rugby player. Johnny Wilkinson don't know how people can rate him as one of the best fly halves or in the caliber of someone like Dan Carter and Naas Botha. [/b]
[/b][/quote]
I think it's a SH or non-english thing, he is lorded as this tremendous player for England but never really seemed that stunning of a player.... [/b][/quote]

doesn't Lote fall into the category of players that used to be quite good, but are no longer?? Not neccessarily overated as few people really rate him now.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
I think it's a SH or non-english thing, he is lorded as this tremendous player for England but never really seemed that stunning of a player....
[/b][/quote]
Lote was a better outside centre than Mortlock...I dont believe I saw Lote have a bad game in the 13 jersey.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
Lote was a better outside centre than Mortlock...I dont believe I saw Lote have a bad game in the 13 jersey. [/b][/quote]

I can't remember the last time I saw Lote have a good game in any position. Get off his nuts your starting to sound gay.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
Lote was a better outside centre than Mortlock...I dont believe I saw Lote have a bad game in the 13 jersey. [/b][/quote]

I can't remember the last time I saw Lote have a good game in any position. Get off his nuts your starting to sound gay.
[/b][/quote]

hahahaha :lol: so true.

as much as i hate to admit it, being a kiwi, but mortlock is a god of a 13. youve got tana, bod, and mortlock. tote has noting on him. noting.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Exactly, compare John Eales and Martin Johnson. Johnson is talked up far greater than Eales (from my experience) yet Eales is probably the greatest ever lock in the history of the game who could also slot Bledisloe Cup winning kicks :rahh:

Latest posts