• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Over rated Players

K

KZNSharksFan

Who do you consider to be the most highly overated players currently?

Ronan O'Gara
Wynand Oliver
Lote Tuqiri
Ricky "Turd" Januarie
James Hook

That's all I can think of right now as being over rated (as in blown out of proportion over rated). Conrad Smith comes close, but it wouldn't be fair as he's been injured all the time so can't be judged on that basis.

Ronan O'Gara
Wynand Oliver
Lote Tuqiri
Ricky "Turd" Januarie
James Hook

That's all I can think of right now as being over rated (as in blown out of proportion over rated). Conrad Smith comes close, but it wouldn't be fair as he's been injured all the time so can't be judged on that basis.
[/b]

Completely agree with the first two, i would say Tuquiri is underated if anything. Sorry if it seems im targetting Irish players here but O'Driscoll is extremely overated imo. He used to be a great player but that was 3-4 years ago, he hasnt been the same since his injury in 2005. There are plenty others but that one annoys me the most.

I agree with all them. I hate to say it but i agree with O'driscoll being over rated at the moment. I wish he could find his best form and be the best center in the world again.

There is only one more i can think of to add:
Dwayne Peel

I agree with all them. I hate to say it but i agree with O'driscoll being over rated at the moment. I wish he could find his best form and be the best center in the world again.

There is only one more i can think of to add:
Dwayne Peel
[/b]

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

At last someone who thinks dwayne peel is as average as i do!!

I'll add Chabal to the list as well, all the hype over nothing bugs me. Gavin Henson deserves a mention as well as O'Gara.

Lote Tuqiri [/b]
He isn't overrated anymore. After last season and the RWC, everyone has become aware of how useless he has become.

Hope he drops his ego under Robbie Deans (as he said he will) and hopefully he will regain his form from the Broncos days.

For me - Rocky Elsom and Wycliff Palu.

These guys only ever seem to perform against weak opposition.

to be honest i think Habana is over rated i believe he only has one talent to beat the man on the outside if he gets the ball with no space he dosnt bother running he just kicks the damn thing.
Drew Mitchell is another highly over rated.

Ali Williams. The least physical lock in world rugby and a big reason NZ didnt do better in the WC>

O'Driscoll
Habana,
Chabal-(love him for it though)
Butch James,
John Smit,
Luke McAlister,
Varndell,
Hodgson (People realised he was not as good as believed, but he is still seen as too good)
Ryan Powell... by mike ruddock ( shouldnt be anywhere near the team!!)

thats pretty much it i think!!!

surely Henson takes the biscuit here? Habana is fantastic one on one, but in his own half he is hardly anything to right home about.

Also like to add Andy Farrell to be honest. I feel he is only in the English set up because the RFU want it to seem as if it was a viable investment. Don't see why players like Simpson Daniel and Toby Flood can't get a look in there.

Latest posts