• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Patch 1.01 Release - Xbox 360 and PS3

Well went to midnight Launch in Game Llanelli (its okay i showered once I returned home to cleanse myself of the dirt of scarlet central), Played a few games and overall I'm happy. Everything is similar yes, bad thing= NO! (at least in my opinion)
One alarming fact is that the player models (for Wales at least) are hideous. From close ups I've seen that Gethin Jenkins has hair, Falatau and Adam Jones look immensely similar and Hook well doesn't look like Hook. And no desperate dan chin for Roberts :( :( Replays are a little limited, would have liked to have a closer look at players, but with the above names looking as they do, I guess its a good thing :D.
I'm not one to judge a book by its cover so i do think game-play makes up for it :D Just :p (Still waiting to see a tidy close up of Shane )

Also to those saying this is RUGBY 08 in HD, no it is not!! RUGBY 08's player models were more accurate ;) ;) ;) SO :p

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

So we have made mention previously that we have been working on a patch for Rugby World Cup 2011 and we were aiming to have it out prior to the release of the game. We were informed today that the Xbox 360 Patch Version 1.01 should go live on Friday August 26th. At this point we don’t have a definitive date for the PS3 patch as it is currently in submission but we will let you know the date when we know more information on that.

Here are some of the issues that we have addressed as part of this patch:

- Improvements have been made to the CPU decision making logic at the end of games particularly when behind on the scoreboard.
- Addressed an exploit around losing lineout throws close to your own line, particularly when thrown to the back and intercepted by bringing the throwing teams line up to the goal line when line outs are taken within 15 metres of the goal line
- Winning a lineout close to the opposition line with a throw to the front often led to easy push over type tries from a maul. We have made it more difficult to push as the attacking team in this scenario and as the defensive team you have more chance of preventing the push over.
- Addressed the exploit that allows you to constantly put up and unders into the air and catch them with minimal effort to advance down the pitch on all difficulty levels.
- When attempting to take an up and under or attempting to catch any high ball and dropping it forward, you would regularly not be called for a knock-on. We have now addressed this bug.
- Drop Goals no longer count if the ball has just been played from a scrum or from any free kick until the following phase. You can still attempt the drop goal but the points won’t count.
- Particularly on the Hard Difficulty setting when playing with weaker teams it was incredibly difficult to maintain possession at a ruck. We have played around with the balancing at the breakdown and it should make the ruck breakdown less frustrating and minimize the instant turnovers on Hard with weaker teams, whilst still maintaining the difficulty
- Reduced the angle at which you can maneuver the kicking arrow for conversions and penalties to reduce the chance of exploiting penalty kicks by moving the arrow far left or far right and putting no power on them and running over for an easy pick-up try.

These will be the most noticeable changes as part of this patch. We are continuing to watch for your input on the forums and are continuing to fix issues that you are encountering where we can.

We are aware of the issue around the high tackle 50 metre penalty shot issue and things such as Stephen Ferris having the incorrect skin colour which are issues that we are definitely looking to address in a later patch. Our intent was to address what we could prior to the game hitting shelves. Rest assured though we are taking notice and intend to address these and some other issues as soon as we can.

Cheers,
Glen

Can you guys please explain to me WHY drop goals won't count anymore from first phase ball like a scrum ?

Drop goals issue ??

I saw this on the xbox update, Drop Goals no longer count if the ball has just been played from a scrum or from any free kick until the following phase. You can still attempt the drop goal but the points won’t count.

Did any of you guys find something wrong with the drop goal system ?

Thanks

They're just making it like the real laws of the games

Last edited:
Haven't got the game, but the reason you aren't allowed to score from them is becasue this game is meant to be a simulation game, hence having the laws of rugby in them.

im pretty sure a drop goal can be taken anywhere from "open play" so this restriction is a bit of a confusion :-S

Not allowed from the freekick or directly from a scrum - I wasn't aware of it either until recently, but people have mentioned it on here quite a bit and it's in the laws

Don't think you can drop directly from pass from scrum or from first pass from tap penalty.

Any one in Durham area who would be willing to let me memory stick the updates from their 360? (I'm not XBL). Payment method probably wouldn't be allowed on messageboard, so I am willing to make a (cough) donation!

Last edited:
I would love to know if there will be maintenance or something for the online. Even playing a friend very near by has resulted in the match ending due to 'lost connection'

Before I get told that I may not have the correct NAT Type or whatever, all of that has been checked. My connection, my friends connection too, is fairly decent - bar on the game :/

The gameplay is barely affected. Maybe a 0.3 second delay at the worst? The main problem is just disconnections. However, upon finally receiving the update I've only been disconn'd once in four games.

Lastly. Why is Hernandez for Argentina rated 97? :S

They're just making it like the real laws of the games
Exactly - it was something that was brought to our attention on the forums and we realized hey you guys are right - so we addressed it. To be honest I hadn't heard of the rule either.

HB can you have a look at the kit thread there is avit of confusion over the generic kits in international test mode thanks

Glen, another thing you should look at is when you choose the set piece move where the player automatically chip-kick the ball, the player usually picking it up or scoring is in front of the kicker, no matter whether it's you or the AI.

Hey Guys,

So we have made mention previously that we have been working on a patch for Rugby World Cup 2011 and we were aiming to have it out prior to the release of the game. We were informed today that the Xbox 360 Patch Version 1.01 should go live on Friday August 26th. At this point we don’t have a definitive date for the PS3 patch as it is currently in submission but we will let you know the date when we know more information on that.

Here are some of the issues that we have addressed as part of this patch:

- Improvements have been made to the CPU decision making logic at the end of games particularly when behind on the scoreboard.
- Addressed an exploit around losing lineout throws close to your own line, particularly when thrown to the back and intercepted by bringing the throwing teams line up to the goal line when line outs are taken within 15 metres of the goal line
- Winning a lineout close to the opposition line with a throw to the front often led to easy push over type tries from a maul. We have made it more difficult to push as the attacking team in this scenario and as the defensive team you have more chance of preventing the push over.
- Addressed the exploit that allows you to constantly put up and unders into the air and catch them with minimal effort to advance down the pitch on all difficulty levels.
- When attempting to take an up and under or attempting to catch any high ball and dropping it forward, you would regularly not be called for a knock-on. We have now addressed this bug.
- Drop Goals no longer count if the ball has just been played from a scrum or from any free kick until the following phase. You can still attempt the drop goal but the points won’t count.
- Particularly on the Hard Difficulty setting when playing with weaker teams it was incredibly difficult to maintain possession at a ruck. We have played around with the balancing at the breakdown and it should make the ruck breakdown less frustrating and minimize the instant turnovers on Hard with weaker teams, whilst still maintaining the difficulty
- Reduced the angle at which you can maneuver the kicking arrow for conversions and penalties to reduce the chance of exploiting penalty kicks by moving the arrow far left or far right and putting no power on them and running over for an easy pick-up try.

These will be the most noticeable changes as part of this patch. We are continuing to watch for your input on the forums and are continuing to fix issues that you are encountering where we can.

We are aware of the issue around the high tackle 50 metre penalty shot issue and things such as Stephen Ferris having the incorrect skin colour which are issues that we are definitely looking to address in a later patch. Our intent was to address what we could prior to the game hitting shelves. Rest assured though we are taking notice and intend to address these and some other issues as soon as we can.

Cheers,
Glen

Fair play that's pretty speedy work!, Thanks!

I have two concerns at the moment.

1. The cut scenes between things like a knock on and a scrum or ball out and a lineout have this white flash. I've just been playing for an hour and it started giving me a headache. I've turned the brightness right down and have fnished playing for today but this white flash is pretty full on.

2. When running with the ball the support runners never sprint so the carrier out runs the supporting players and always gets isolated.

Thanks

laggy waste off money, horrible to play online.
some one need to be sued, for such a **** game.

The Game freezes almost every 3rd Injury. (maybe that's an exaggeration, but it may just be my frustration considering I thought this was a 08 problem)

Choosing your replacements is fine but then goes to the view when introducing replacements, the cut screen after you select your replacements (where it shows the crowd) all it has is the same shot panning over the crowd. Tried to pause the game and then it froze. Just with the "World in Union" soundtrack carrying on. I left it for over a minute and then just rebooted.

Xbox360 version.

Also, facing some lag. Didn't have any issues after initial patch had 3 online games (and two people disconnected) and then some lag against other opponents when I played again later this evening. Broke up the time playing Rugby Challenge.

Not really blaming HB for the Lag, Telecom NZ broadband is the Zimbabwe Rugby Team if Broadband were represented by Rugby Teams.

Regarding the drop goals, I must admit despite thinking I'm pretty clued up I didn't know that rule. On investigation I can only find that you can't do it from a free kick or a scrum taken instead of a free kick. Should it still be allowed from any other scrum? Admittedly could be difficult for a game to distinguish between scrum types.

I hate drop goals anyway. Way over valued.

Just hit a glitch, i kicked the ball into touch and as i tried to smash Pietersen he took a quick lineout, the ball hit my guy and went into touch resulting in all 16 forwards huddled round it unable to do anything and the clock keeps ticking

Latest posts