• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Patch 1.01 Release - Xbox 360 and PS3

Just hit a glitch, i kicked the ball into touch and as i tried to smash Pietersen he took a quick lineout, the ball hit my guy and went into touch resulting in all 16 forwards huddled round it unable to do anything and the clock keeps ticking

This is one of those issues that we probably saw here maybe once or twice during development. These ****ling sorts of bugs are very difficult to fix if we can't reproduce them which is the big challenge. If anyone does encounter this issue if you could let us know what happened prior to it, it will help us to try and hunt it down and hopefully fix it.

I have been playing full tournaments for a couple of weeks on and off and I haven't seen the issue myself unfortunately.

Seen an issue where if you make a tackle and force the opposition to knock-on close to touch but manage to pick the ball up and then go over touch the lineout is awarded against you as opposed to going back for a scrum to you for the advantage.

Have had this happen 3-4 times now (whilst playing online)

Just hit a glitch, i kicked the ball into touch and as i tried to smash Pietersen he took a quick lineout, the ball hit my guy and went into touch resulting in all 16 forwards huddled round it unable to do anything and the clock keeps ticking

This is one of those issues that we probably saw here maybe once or twice during development. These ****ling sorts of bugs are very difficult to fix if we can't reproduce them which is the big challenge. If anyone does encounter this issue if you could let us know what happened prior to it, it will help us to try and hunt it down and hopefully fix it.

I have been playing full tournaments for a couple of weeks on and off and I haven't seen the issue myself unfortunately.

Wait is it a case of the Winger taking a quick lineout and it bouncing off another player into touch? Possibly because the ball hasn't been passed or kicked (or a knock) that the game is unable to register it going into touch.

Found another, in Extra time south africa are leading me 6-3 just started the 2nd half of it and whenever Steyn gets the ball he kicks it straight out horizontally, there are still 10 mins left so its a bit odd

yeah ive had the same problem too.can play players from around the world but cant play my bro that stays 20 mins away lol.keeps disconnecting..

Game hangs when I make subsitutions @ Half time during online game. This has happened twice .. is it a connection issue or something more serious. I have 50mb fibre optic cable internet from Virgin, so unlikely to be my connection, however could be opponents connection.

Was playing with Wales vs Argentina in the South Atlantic tour, Fessia got injured in the first half, then the game just crashed when it went to the substitution cut scene

Exactly - it was something that was brought to our attention on the forums and we realized hey you guys are right - so we addressed it. To be honest I hadn't heard of the rule either.

Obviously put through by some australian who felt hard done by after 2003..

Obviously put through by some australian who felt hard done by after 2003..

Eh, England didn't score that drop goal straight off a scrum? If you can't do it in real rugby then you shouldn't be able to in the game.
Woosah I think (a New Zealander) always said it was an annoyance of his in the older games

Aye, it was from a ruck from a Matt Dawson snipe - c'mon, everyone knows that :p

Bug report!
the time was up on the clock. I took a shot at a Drop Goal. Came back off the post into the feild of play. ref blew wistle... thats wrong. game should have played on.

oh and when you edit a players name. the commentators shouldnt still say that players orignal name. is very very very annoying. should default back to saying the winger/the prop etc

Last edited:
Regarding the drop goals, I must admit despite thinking I'm pretty clued up I didn't know that rule. On investigation I can only find that you can't do it from a free kick or a scrum taken instead of a free kick. Should it still be allowed from any other scrum? Admittedly could be difficult for a game to distinguish between scrum types.

Just to clarify this, what you say is true, and this restriction ends when....

1. an opponent touches the ball in open play

or

2. the ball carrier is tackled (as in brought to ground)

After either of these things happen, the dropped goal is back on again.

I imagine this would be tricky to program.

Just to clarify this, what you say is true, and this restriction ends when....

1. an opponent touches the ball in open play

or

2. the ball carrier is tackled (as in brought to ground)

After either of these things happen, the dropped goal is back on again.

I imagine this would be tricky to program.

Well logically thinking it's quite simple to program

class Rules
{
boolean dropGoalAvailable;

void dropGoal()
{
if( play == scrum or free kick)
{
dropGoalAvailable = false
}
else
{
dropGoalAvailable = true
insert into AI commands list (or something)
}

}

Last edited:
Another thing... I took a kick at goal on 40:00, it went wide and landed in the in-goal area but didnt go dead, and the ref blew for half time

I beat South Africa with Wales in tournament mode but it gave them the win and the points in the table. Yet in the the fixtures and results section it show Wales won 38-34. ???

Well logically thinking it's quite simple to program

class Rules
{
boolean dropGoalAvailable;

void dropGoal()
{
if( play == scrum or free kick)
{
dropGoalAvailable = false
}
else
{
dropGoalAvailable = true
insert into AI commands list (or something)
}

}

You aren't allowed a drop goal from a free kick, or a scrum taken in lieu of that free kick, but you can take one from any other scrum (for a knock on, forward pass, not straight into a line-out etc) including one taken in lieu of a penalty kick.

So AIUI firstly, your code is going to have to distinguish between

1 a scrum ordered by the referee for an infringement (DG = allowed),
2 a scrum chosen by the player after being awarded a penalty (DG = allowed)
3 a scrum chosen by the player after being awarded a free kick (DG = not allowed)

and then for option 3, DG continues to = not allowed until such time as the ball is touched by an opposing player or the ball carrier is tackled. This could mean that several passes and kicks might ensue after the scrum, and the DG would still be not allowed,

e.g. scrum half passes to 10, who passes to 12, inside pass to 15, who is tackled but not brought to ground, and he offloads back to 13, who fires a long pass out to 10 waiting in the pocket, who has a drop kick at goal, but it would be disallowed, because no opponent touched the ball, and no ball carrier was tackled and brought to ground.

Now this might be an unlikely scenario, but the game should to allow for something like this.

I got the patch today and all I can say is; WOW! All of this addressed in approx. 512kb patch!? Hahaha, that's tiny!

EDIT: this patch has been great! Ball possession in the rucks is sooo much better in hard now! It's actually quite realistic in the number of ruck turnovers - very happy with the update. I do hope you continue to support the game - getting the AB's and Wallabies licenses would be fantastic! Also I brought up the possibilty of full 80min matches; that would be icing on the cake. Despite the somewhat dated visuals and lack of content/licenses, I'm having a superb time with the game!!

Last edited:
Are you going to be fixing that some official kits can only be used in full tournament? would be nice to play a game at twickenham in englans official strip. I've posted a thread about this.

they shud let us use our own rosters in online private matches...and please release a patch so we can see the players face in edit players mode....

Latest posts