• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PEDs in rugby

Tuohy tested positive for ligandrol which is a SARM
Fair play, I thought it was HGH but only skim read an article before
Seems a waste - why go SARMs when you can just go balls to the wall (unless his retirement was actually gonna be a sabbatical while he healed)

Seems a waste - why go SARMs when you can just go balls to the wall (unless his retirement was actually gonna be a sabbatical while he healed)
that's what I'm saying. it just seems high risk low reward compared to what he could have done.

Seems Chile has more stringent testing than any other nation.
It must be roughly 15-20% of their professional players have tested positive in the past year. They are unusually physically developed for Tier2 players in my opinion (at least for a nation who only recently joined the ranks of professionalism). They kind of went from flabby amateurs to convincing looking professionals overnight (whereas that as taken Uruguay about 10 years), but the same could equally be said for their skillset and behind the scenes they have been outstanding. So maybe improved conditioning went hand in hand with improved skill development and we are seeing and apples from the fringe of the national side.

Plus the Chilean appearance is nothing out of the ordinary compared to Tier1 and some more established Tier2 players. It does make me wonder how commonplace PEDs are in Tier1 and how little testing may be done. But I may be being overly cynical.

It must be roughly 15-20% of their professional players have tested positive in the past year. They are unusually physically developed for Tier2 players in my opinion (at least for a nation who only recently joined the ranks of professionalism). They kind of went from flabby amateurs to convincing looking professionals overnight (whereas that as taken Uruguay about 10 years), but the same could equally be said for their skillset and behind the scenes they have been outstanding. So maybe improved conditioning went hand in hand with improved skill development and we are seeing and apples from the fringe of the national side.

Plus the Chilean appearance is nothing out of the ordinary compared to Tier1 and some more established Tier2 players. It does make me wonder how commonplace PEDs are in Tier1 and how little testing may be done. But I may be being overly cynical.
I think a lot has to go from being part time to full time. I think that feeling (on this board at least) is that steroids are rampant in the sport. I think the issue is that in Chile they went from being untested amateurs to professionals under WADA protocol. A bit like when amateurs get popped for doping at low level cycling races.

Gareth Davies is the one who looks the most suspicious to me. His muscles are well out of proportion to his natural physique:
gareth-davies-looking-massive-v0-bwxd8qq92p8b1.jpg70760edc410af48e51fb89aa059c6d07693f25c9.jpg

Interestingly, one other industry where the men have become suspiciously musclebound in recent years is Bollywood. I wonder what goes on there?

Latest posts