• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Peter de Villiers is a 'liar'

Ah here we go again...when will it ever stop!?

The way things are going now with all these comments and name-calling makes me wish sometimes that this series never happend!

Both the B & I Lions and the Springboks have showed very bad sportsmanship in this test series, and thats a fact!

Why a whole thread just to cause arguments? Everyone knows P Divvy is a plank. Lets discuss the good parts of the game not the mud slinging contest that has been going on in the games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jul 5 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why a whole thread just to cause arguments? Everyone knows P Divvy is a plank. Lets discuss the good parts of the game not the mud slinging contest that has been going on in the games.[/b]
You mean the good bits of the South Africa wins yeah?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jul 5 2009, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why a whole thread just to cause arguments? Everyone knows P Divvy is a plank. Lets discuss the good parts of the game not the mud slinging contest that has been going on in the games.[/b]
It is a valid point he's making though. Why should a man in his position be lying to rouse up emotion from his countrymen and team? The whole media stuff from de Villiers has been silly and childish.
Enough said.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jul 6 2009, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jul 5 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean the good bits of the South Africa wins yeah?
[/b][/quote]

No happy to discuss the last game. Lions played very well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Jul 6 2009, 04:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jul 5 2009, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is a valid point he's making though. Why should a man in his position be lying to rouse up emotion from his countrymen and team? The whole media stuff from de Villiers has been silly and childish.
Enough said.
[/b][/quote]

Could not agree more and said it myself many times in previous threads. My point is it is just going over the same things again about you said,he said they said. But hey if you guys think it deserves a whole thread to discuss how bad SA are etc fair enough it is a public forum.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jul 5 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The way things are going now with all these comments and name-calling makes me wish sometimes that this series never happend!

Both the B & I Lions and the Springboks have showed very bad sportsmanship in this test series, and thats a fact![/b]

this will go on until the end, the end which never comes :lol: :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jul 5 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jul 5 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Both the B & I Lions and the Springboks have showed very bad sportsmanship in this test series, and thats a fact![/b]

[/b][/quote]

"Waiting for the one!
The day that never comes!
When you stand up and feel the warmth!
But the sunshine never comes!"

Seems apt I guess. But yeah this will run and run, each side not giving in etc etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jul 6 2009, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jul 5 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jul 5 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

"Waiting for the one!
The day that never comes!
When you stand up and feel the warmth!
But the sunshine never comes!"

Seems apt I guess. But yeah this will run and run, each side not giving in etc etc.
[/b][/quote]

Poetry on the way to help us :lol: :lol:

yeah man this discussions will never end :p :p :p

So, how come no-one has posted a photo-shopped picture of Peter de Villiers as the devil? It's long overdue.

Still if it came down to believing an international coach, Ian McGeechan would be right at the top of my list for integrity.

I was going to photoshop Mr D de V as Barney the Dinosaur but I'm tiirrreed :(

I personally love Peter de Villiers. I have never watched an interview of his I havn't laughed at. Seriously, he is a personality that I don't think hurts rugby, but I don't think his comments should ever be taken seriously. If his job as a couch ever fails I would love to see him as a commentator (he would fit in well commentating next to Aussy comentators).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jul 6 2009, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
(he would fit in well commentating next to Aussy comentators).[/b]

Completely biased and pays very litle attention to the actualy rugby in front of him?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 6 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jul 6 2009, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(he would fit in well commentating next to Aussy comentators).[/b]

Completely biased and pays very litle attention to the actualy rugby in front of him?
[/b][/quote]

Again I agree with Teh Mite, not often this happens, but anyhow, I'm in total agreement. The commentators from Australia are terrible. Only slightly more terrible than ours here in NZ. If they actually commentated on what was happening on the field then it'd be great, but they don't. They always talk about peripheral issues and whats been happening lately to players, selection issues or any damn thing other than who's passing to who or whats going on. When they do commentate, it's lazy and they just shout surnames.

"Donald! Nonu! Rocokoko! Toeava!"

Most nations have the same problem, but I've heard some decent commentary at times from the UK. Bring back real commentary.

I am secretly a fan of Grant Nisbett...
Yes I do have to agree that many modern commintators arn't very good. England have a few good commentators, but they often commentate matches with the excitment of golf commintators. I have to laugh with Aussy commentators, that it dosn't matter how good any non-aussy teams tries are, they will ignore that and talk about something else, such as how hard Aussy defence worked, but when Australia does anything succesfully, then they can't shut up about the quality of the players.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jul 6 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes I do have to agree that many modern commintators arn't very good. England have a few good commentators, but they often commentate matches with the excitment of golf commintators. I have to laugh with Aussy commentators, that it dosn't matter how good any non-aussy teams tries are, they will ignore that and talk about something else, such as how hard Aussy defence worked, but when Australia does anything succesfully, then they can't shut up about the quality of the players.[/b]

I've always found that in Ireland and on the BBC there'sMain commentator who talks absolute bull and the second commentator who's quiet but talks so much sense when they do talk like Tony Ward in Ireland.

I've always enjoyed the Biased *** that is Brian Moore on the beeb.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jul 7 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes I do have to agree that many modern commintators arn't very good. England have a few good commentators, but they often commentate matches with the excitment of golf commintators. I have to laugh with Aussy commentators, that it dosn't matter how good any non-aussy teams tries are, they will ignore that and talk about something else, such as how hard Aussy defence worked, but when Australia does anything succesfully, then they can't shut up about the quality of the players.[/b]

Have you heard of Brian Moore? Listen to his commentary as an opposing fan and your TV may not survive the ensuing barrage of cushions and old remote's.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jul 6 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jul 7 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you heard of Brian Moore? Listen to his commentary as an opposing fan and your TV may not survive the ensuing barrage of cushions and old remote's.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I love it. Instead of getting stressed about it you just have to sit back and laugh at him. Especially when he's getting ****** of at England...which is alot in the last couple of years.

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTQWT-B0EBw

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jul 7 2009, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jul 7 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

True enough, but Brian Moore is a bit of a PdV in the commentator world, he's actually just a comments man though isn't he?

I just like any commentator who relates the play really well for most of the game. I'd almost like to be able to turn my head from the screen (maybe to grab a beer from the fridge) and still roughly know what part of the field they are in, whos got the ball and whats happening in general. Sick of a lot of our commentators having a chat about everything but. What the hell are they paid for?