• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Petrol prices

Sad thing is the overall price only gonna get higher as time passes.

My solution: Either turn one of your rooms into a storage tank, or burn all the petrol you can NOW!!!

107.9p/litre the other day to fill up. Almost as bad ad as November last year now.

Luckily however my new car only costs £30ish to fill up and does 300 miles to a tank, so it's not as painful compared to last year.

It's 102.6 up here in Lincoln (petorl), wheras back in Aberystwyth it was 106.9 I think. I don't quite get why there is such massive price differences from place to place. Reflecting average wages I suppose.

I'm just glad that I don't drive when I'm in uni. There'd be no money left for beer!

You's are getting ripped off something chronic. The worst I can remember it getting here was $2.20nz a litre about 5-6 months ago which would be about $0.97p but at the moment it's not too bad we're paying around $1.67nz bout $0.74p.

The sad thing about it is that they've made us so dependant on petrol that we'll all probably pay whatever price they throw at us.

102.9 a litre at the moment. Anyone else remember when the refineries were blockaded because prices went above £1 a litre?!

Sorry guys but our petrol prices seem to be dropping and we're not in recession anymore we had a gain of 0.01% over the last quarter ending June. Petrols nz$1.61 litre at the local petrol station now hopefully gets down more.

Strictly speaking the UK isn't in recession anymore either, as of yesterday, but you won't see our petrol prices go down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 24 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Strictly speaking the UK isn't in recession anymore either, as of yesterday, but you won't see our petrol prices go down.[/b]

:lol:

I'll believe that when it really happens.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 24 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Strictly speaking the UK isn't in recession anymore either, as of yesterday, but you won't see our petrol prices go down.[/b]
:huh:
There's no link between wealth and petrol availability.

Petrol is a limited resource, as is everything on this earth except stupidity and solar light. The price will go up according to the augmentation of demand and the rarefaction of supply. Economics 101 here.

hardly economics 101 in fairness, the price of oil has fallen yet the prices of petrol haven't, certainly in Ireland anyway, I know we've had government levies by the new time but even taking those into account we're not seeing cheaper petrol.

My bad I meant oil (petrole in french). Anyway we are supposed to have passed peak oil so the price will only go up from now...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 22 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Luckily however my new car only costs £30ish to fill up and does 300 miles to a tank, so it's not as painful compared to last year.[/b]
Please say you didn't go for the cash-for-clunkers offer? Credit is way more expensive than fuel! But then car travel allowances can wipe out the tax bill for the average earner.

Price of petrol in UK has huge gubmint taxes built in. Price of oil is half what it was 15 months ago, and the only reason it's so high now is because gubmint is pouring those same taxes in to the bail-out of the financial services industry - the banksters invest that money in oil/commodities/gold, instead of lending it, and go Hehehehehe all the way to ... the bank. Meanwhile, cost of living for taxpayers increases. Sweet.

We need some rope ... and a few lamp-posts outside Westminster.

images

Latest posts