• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pga

Tony Manx

TRF Season Ticket Holder
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
Is McIlroy really fit? If so did he really have a really "ruptured" Achilles?

Will Speith win three out of four majors?

Will Sergio lose the label of best current golfer to have never won a major?

Is Danny Willets capable of greatness?

Wouldn't it be nice if Howler shocked us all?

I reckon Jim Furyk would win if he could drive about 30 yards further!

Are Casey and Poulter going to lose the choker/journeyman labels?

What about Bradley Keegan who has been so quiet all year?

Will Dufner see the fairways rather than the "Woods" in his dreams this week?

Will Dustin or Bubba be a Johnson to follow?

All will be revealed in only 48 more hours!!!!

Surprised you are not going for McGinley even though he is mot playing!!!

Have always rated Shane and apologies for not acknowledging his superb win with some great golf - and a bit of the luck of the Irish in getting some trees planted in the right spots!!

That being said, wins in successive weeks is a hard thing to do and harder still when the second is a Major!!

Surprised you are not going for McGinley even though he is mot playing!!!

Have always rated Shane and apologies for not acknowledging his superb win with some great golf - and a bit of the luck of the Irish in getting some trees planted in the right spots!!

That being said, wins in successive weeks is a hard thing to do and harder still when the second is a Major!!

Hahaha! We're all very excited over here because of that win! I can't see him winning this one but he will win one! Won't he able to watch a lot of this but I'm hoping for Mcilroy which is doubtful followed by a a European or DJ.

Hahaha! We're all very excited over here because of that win! I can't see him winning this one but he will win one! Won't he able to watch a lot of this but I'm hoping for Mcilroy which is doubtful followed by a a European or DJ.

Ah come on....you have to go for Sergio surely!!!

Who will forget his run and skip up the fairway at this event when he was a teenager taking you know who on!!!

Ah come on....you have to go for Sergio surely!!!

Who will forget his run and skip up the fairway at this event when he was a teenager taking you know who on!!!
Sergio is a bit like Leinster in the early noughties, when he's good he's as good as anyone but he hasn't the mental
game or bottle to win a big one, he's too sad to watch!

Carnoustie proved what you write but......,......!!

No comments about the course??

The last hole has 96 bunkers!!

To be honest cannot remember it from last time it hosted and will have to wait to see it on Thursday!

From what little I do know/remember/ have heard, it sounds like the same, but fairer, as The US Open course?

To be honest cannot remember it from last time it hosted and will have to wait to see it on Thursday!

From what little I do know/remember/ have heard, it sounds like the same, but fairer, as The US Open course?

Go and have a look, It's beautiful:

http://www.americanclubresort.com/golf/whistling-straits

Arguably the greatest championship course in the United States, the Straits at Whistling Straits® has hosted the 2004 and 2010 PGA Championships and the 2007 U.S. Senior Open, and it is the future site of the 2015 PGA Championship and 2020 Ryder Cup.

aaa29752_910

Truly wondrous sight and what a great test it should be............hope the wind blows off the lake though!!

Shane has started badly! Woods finished his round 9 behind the current club house leader!

I forgot that the bloody Yanks only screen the one group play their shots in the PGA meaning more advert time than golf........

Shane has started badly! Woods finished his round 9 behind the current club house leader!

I forgot that the bloody Yanks only screen the one group play their shots in the PGA meaning more advert time than golf........

Yeah, it was so annoying!

The only guy they regularly showed was Rory. Have to say that that course is not so easy when that wind comes through, especially with all those bunkers.

Yeah, it was so annoying!

The only guy they regularly showed was Rory. Have to say that that course is not so easy when that wind comes through, especially with all those bunkers.

Think David Linmerth deserves so much credit for his afternoon 5 under in that wind!

Thought that the comment from Woods.that he has the ball under control a day but was let down by a few putts was bloody hilarious!! He had the ball under as much control as Big Phil and how he is at evens only God knows!!! Amazing up and downs from everywhere!!

Think David Linmerth deserves so much credit for his afternoon 5 under in that wind!

Thought that the comment from Woods.that he has the ball under control a day but was let down by a few putts was bloody hilarious!! He had the ball under as much control as Big Phil and how he is at evens only God knows!!! Amazing up and downs from everywhere!!

Tiger's mistress has better control over his balls!

Late starters on first day certainly were unlucky with the only wind of the week of note!

Courses like this need wind to make them a real test and to have the rain they have had makes them more like the USPG tour dartboards!!

Few "unknowns" up there after two rounds and be interesting to see whether they can hold their nerve with Day, Rose in contention and Speith not out of it being only three behind.......like the commentators, I am ruling out the Aussie on11 under!!!

Edit...the difference between the insightful and eloquent Paul McGinley and the bumbling Monty, who just regurgitates the question asked of him, is stark!

Last edited:
9 holes gone on final round and Jason 3 shots ahead of Justin and 4 ahead of Jordan!!!

Come on Jason, this is your Day!!!!

Would love either Jason or Justin to win..........

Latest posts