• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Player of the tournament- 6N 2017

Has to be Picamoles, the French renaissance is in full swing.

Farrell was very consistent and Launchberry definitely deserves a shout.

Hogg & Barclay were great to.

Has to be Picamoles, the French renaissance is in full swing.

Farrell was very consistent and Launchberry definitely deserves a shout.

Hogg & Barclay were great to.

Now either you really don't rate Farrell in making that comment, or you didn't watch the games, or you have a selective memory much like a large number of pundits.

Farrell was dire against Italy. He doesn't deserve to get player of the tournament on that performance alone. Even if you say his Scotland performance makes up for it, it doesn't leave him up there.

Now either you really don't rate Farrell in making that comment, or you didn't watch the games, or you have a selective memory much like a large number of pundits.

Farrell was dire against Italy. He doesn't deserve to get player of the tournament on that performance alone. Even if you say his Scotland performance makes up for it, it doesn't leave him up there.

Get off my sack. I did miss the Italy game and caught the highlights, I'm just trying to show a little interest and give an unimportant opinion from across the world on what games we did catch. I enjoyed the 6 Nations this year from what I did see & thought there was a high standard of rugby more so than any other year, ever.

Last edited:

I agree, confuses me too:

- People saying Farrell
- People saying Parisse
- People saying Murray

Good players who were great in patches but weren't actually that consistent.

Farrell Vs Italy and Ireland blotted his copybook for me. I'm becoming a slight convert, possibly, based on his early showings but let's not gloss over one appalling then one mediocre performance. For a man feted as a "test match animal", his apparent psychological disintegration when faced with a slightly leftfield tactic was staggering.

Launchbury, Picamoles or Stander for me, off the top of my head. Slimani maybe, controversy notwithstanding.

Weird thing is I'm struggling to think of England players, very few consistent performers throughout the tournament

I'd say Stander or Picamoles. They looked very good in games even when their team wasn't going well.
England played well as a team but no player stood out hugely. Launchbury if it is an English man as he was consistent.

Conor O'Shea???? Just for doing tactics that made Hartley look like a confused lamb

Interesting to point out, England have won the 6N in 2007, 2011, 2016 and 2017 and none of those times has an English player won player of the tournament. All but 2 have been won by Pro 12 nations. It's like the bloody Eurovision with all the in-voting by the Celts.

Interesting to point out, England have won the 6N in 2007, 2011, 2016 and 2017 and none of those times has an English player won player of the tournament. All but 2 have been won by Pro 12 nations. It's like the bloody Eurovision with all the in-voting by the Celts.

We definitely didn't win the six nations in 2007!

To be honest I think everyone votes for their own players, and as the majority of Scots are home during the day watching Takeshis Castle and Storage Wars, they're more likely to vote (I'm obvs joking, not sure why they vote in great numbers)

To be honest I think everyone votes for their own players, and as the majority of Scots are home during the day watching Takeshis Castle and Storage Wars, they're more likely to vote (I'm obvs joking, not sure why they vote in great numbers)

They are great shows

Practicing for next referendum?

Hogg is a strange choice and he got a quarter of the vote.

Not an English player in the first three. There are 50 million of you lazy, non voting ********. Get the finger out next year.

I think there must have been Russian hacking in the voting.

The final results:

Stuart Hogg (Scotland) 24.60%
CJ Stander (Ireland) 14.95%
Louis Picamoles(France) 12.84%
Joe Launchbury (England) 8.96%
Finn Russell (Scotland) 8.35%
Conor Murray (Ireland) 7.91%
Owen Farrell (England) 6.30%
Rhys Webb (Wales) 5.52%
Sergio Parisse (Italy) 3.34%
Ken Owens (Wales) 3.06%
Camille Lopez (France) 2.49%