Club or Nation
Saracens
No clear winner this year. I thought of quite a few who could get it:
Ireland: POC, Murray, Sexton
England: Youngs, JJ
Wales, AWJ, Warburton
Scotland: Hogg

Thoughts?

It's between Sexton, Halfpenny, POC, Murray, Warburton, Biggar, Webb.

Paulie for me. Bias but he delivered every time when we needed him and stood up in a true captains role.

I think the three players that were consistently outstanding were Paul O'Connell, Sam Warburton and JJ.

Reckon you are all forgetting Thierry Dusatoir who was consistently excellent in a poor French team!

POC or AWJ. The perennial top second rowers of the NH.

POC or AWJ. The perennial top second rowers of the NH.

Same for me. Been some real outstanding players this 6 Nations to be fair. These two just slightly above them.

Sexton of course ! His consistency in front of the posts made an Irish win possible !

And thanks mates for nominating so many french&italian players.

Sexton of course ! His consistency in front of the posts made an Irish win possible !

And thanks mates for nominating so many french&italian players.

Sorry, but I just didn't think any players from those teams deserved it (maybe I should have included Dusautoir). Anyway, they were only suggestions to get the ball rolling.

Sorry, but I just didn't think any players from those teams deserved it (maybe I should have included Dusautoir). Anyway, they were only suggestions to get the ball rolling.

Dusautoir and Mas from France, Ghiraldini and Parisse from Italy, Bennett and Finn from Scotland, Brown, Cole, Ben youngs and Ford for England, POC, SOB, Heaslip, Henshaw and Sexton from Ireland, AWJ, Warbs, Biggar, Baldwin and Roberts from Wales.

Surprisingly few players remained fit for all matches and performed well in every one, POC edges if from AWJ for my by virtue of his better leadership (possibly unfair to AWJ as he isn't captain like POC) and lineout work.

Surprisingly few players remained fit for all matches and performed well in every one, POC edges if from AWJ for my by virtue of his better leadership (possibly unfair to AWJ as he isn't captain like POC) and lineout work.

Or maybe POC relying on his enormous reputation rather than his actual exploits in this 6N!!! He was good but really that good? I would go for AWJ......but there again, I think Dusatoir put in five enormous contributions I a poor French display!!

Not sure I buy into that, I've always had a bit of a blind spot on POC and not rated him as highly as most rugby pundits (and nowhere near as highly as Irish pundits), so me picking him is praise indeed. If I've been taken in by anything, it's his commanding presence on the field.

I take your point about Dusatoir, his performances were indeed impressive, although he was so intent on doing everything, he didn't shine in any particular area, which will stand against him. By the logic that Dusatoir should win this year, Parisse should have a cupboard full of these somewhere!

Latest posts