• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Player of the tournament

If we win the RWC next week, no doubt it'll be an England player. But would rather win next week, then have an England player win player of the tournament like Dousatoir did in 2011, but lose the final.

Last edited:
Curry, Manu, Ford, Itoje all have a good about from an England perspective.

If England win next week I imagine either Itoje or Curry will win POTY. Personally I'd go for Curry.

i have a sneaking suspicion that Faz could take it too. Not necessarily because he should but World Cup winning captain and kicker looks very good on a CV.

If Kolbe had stayed fit for the rest of the knock outs he'd have been in with a very good chance.

Curry, Manu, Ford, Itoje all have a good about from an England perspective.
Yep. And I'd add Underhill to that list. For me he's actually the one who's made the biggest difference. Good breakdown, working well with Curry, but the technique and ferocity of his tackling have stood out. Not as glamorous or obvious as some, but outstanding.

I haven't watched the saffas that much
But if today was to go by ,not many standouts

Yep. And I'd add Underhill to that list. For me he's actually the one who's made the biggest difference. Good breakdown, working well with Curry, but the technique and ferocity of his tackling have stood out. Not as glamorous or obvious as some, but outstanding.
I could easily have added Underhill and even Watson, but thought 6 nominations was too many, so removed ones which might have beenni fluenced by my club bias.
Sinkler also deserves to be mentioned in despatches

Left field choice (as Curry, Sinkler, Underhill et al have been awesome) I've thought George Ford has been absolutely excellent.

But... 'ironically' considering the hard time he gets from all sides on here 'if' South Africa manage to somehow win, I bet Faf gets it!

Maro Itoje.

He literally outplayed the All Blacks lineout also great turnovers.

Is this the list for the World Cup or year?

Surprised by the names.

World cup, bit of a joke list really. AWJ should not be anywhere near player of the tournament and I'd have Itoje or Underhill in instead.

World cup, bit of a joke list really. AWJ should not be anywhere near player of the tournament and I'd have Itoje or Underhill in instead.

Definitely don't agree then.

AWJ shouldn't be there, Kolbe shouldn't be there (no offence to him but he's played NZ and a load of Tier 2 Nations, but I do think he's quality).

I think Adams or Korobete (spelling?) performed better as wingers.

The USA player is only there to give Tier 2 a showing. PSDT, Curry & Savea are deserving of being on that list.

Definitely don't agree then.

AWJ shouldn't be there, Kolbe shouldn't be there (no offence to him but he's played NZ and a load of Tier 2 Nations, but I do think he's quality).

I think Adams or Korobete (spelling?) performed better as wingers.

The USA player is only there to give Tier 2 a showing. PSDT, Curry & Savea are deserving of being on that list.
The list you're talking about is a player of the year list, the winner would succeed Sexton.

Aye just like we have the entire England team MOTM yesterday ;)
Truth though, when a team plays that well as a team it's hard to see any of them as not excellent. They all played their part. Maybe they should award a team of the tournament instead :rolleyes:

Latest posts