• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Playr Review of RWC 2011

I think they closed the link! Sounds like it is illegal to release any game footage before 23 Aug!

Sounds good though!!!

Still works for me - not sure why it's not for some people
Perhaps it's locked to certain territories?

Hi,

I am living in Finland and could not see the video review on YouTube ("The uploader has not made this video available in your country."). Would it be possible to make this video available everywhere?

Cheers !

Honestly not sure if I still wanna get this now. Don't wanna waste £40 just because I couldn't wait two weeks. If you could modify player names I'd probably buy it but as far as I can tell you can't. **** like that will just annoy me.
And it's really not worth £40 to play a game that I'll have completed after a week or so and have no real reason to pick it up again other than for the fact that it's a rugby game, and as soon as I have Rugby Challenge then any urge to play a Rugby game will be satisfied with that. I don't even see a Challenge Section where you can re-play historic matches or something.

I think I'll wait till it's sold **** and the price has dropped and pick it up for half the price pre-owned in a few months time.

Honestly not sure if I still wanna get this now. Don't wanna waste £40 just because I couldn't wait two weeks. If you could modify player names I'd probably buy it but as far as I can tell you can't. **** like that will just annoy me.
And it's really not worth £40 to play a game that I'll have completed after a week or so and have no real reason to pick it up again other than for the fact that it's a rugby game, and as soon as I have Rugby Challenge then any urge to play a Rugby game will be satisfied with that. I don't even see a Challenge Section where you can re-play historic matches or something.

I think I'll wait till it's sold **** and the price has dropped and pick it up for half the price pre-owned in a few months time.

You can modify the names of any players in any of the teams, you can also edit/modify any of these Attributes and Personal Information:

Bio

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Primary Position
  • Secondary Position
  • Alternate Position
  • Height
  • Weight
  • Preferred Foot

Attributes

• Attack
  • Defense
  • Speed
  • Acceleration
  • Agility
  • Handling
  • Passing
  • Kicking
  • Kicking Power
  • Goal Kicking
  • Tackling
  • Strength
  • Rucking
  • Scrummaging
  • Hooking
  • Lineouts
  • Discipline
  • Aggression
  • Stamina
  • Consistency
  • Temperament
  • Creativity
  • Bravery

You can modify the names of any players in any of the teams, you can also edit/modify any of these Attributes and Personal Information:

Bio

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Primary Position
  • Secondary Position
  • Alternate Position
  • Height
  • Weight
  • Preferred Foot

Attributes

• Attack
  • Defense
  • Speed
  • Acceleration
  • Agility
  • Handling
  • Passing
  • Kicking
  • Kicking Power
  • Goal Kicking
  • Tackling
  • Strength
  • Rucking
  • Scrummaging
  • Hooking
  • Lineouts
  • Discipline
  • Aggression
  • Stamina
  • Consistency
  • Temperament
  • Creativity
  • Bravery

Was totally unaware!
Still not sure if I should get it on release. The price for this will fall quite quickly, as most tournament specific games do.

Hmm, if I do well in my AS Level results on Thursday I'll treat myself and buy it.

Was totally unaware!
Still not sure if I should get it on release. The price for this will fall quite quickly, as most tournament specific games do.

Hmm, if I do well in my AS Level results on Thursday I'll treat myself and buy it.

If you're really unsure, could be worth giving it a rent? Personally I've pre-ordered it because I wouldn;t be able to wait until it's dropped it price :p
Good luck with the results too!

Hi,

I am living in Finland and could not see the video review on YouTube ("The uploader has not made this video available in your country."). Would it be possible to make this video available everywhere?

Cheers !

For anyone who can't watch it because it's not available in their Country, here:

Just to note, the video is larger when you actually play it :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who can't watch it because it's not available in their Country, here:

Thanks for that mate, Much appreciated!!!!!

From what the guy says ,and what the video shows, 7/10 is very generous.

Interesting that there isnt a tutorial seeing as this game is made for beginners. And aren't those celebrations the same as rugby 08?

no way man the celebrations are definitely new. in rugby 08 the opposition just kept trying to stomp you to death while your team just ran back towards the half way line. atleast thats what i remember

Interesting that they also had a problem with side-on view!

thanks man, nice seeing some more gameplay, and some more reviews should be coming in soon with just over a week until the release

Latest posts