• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 4 (Castres, Leinster, Montpellier, Northampton)

In fairness to ROG he never shyed away. Poor tackler but never shirked so not sure what that point is about.
Big difference between being a poor tackler and whats described.
Sexton could equally be calked a poor tackler due to his technique but again wouldn't say he fades away

Equally? One of the players we are talking about has been the best defensive 10 in world rugby at different periods in his career, the other is RO'G, when talking about defence nothing can be described as equal between those two players.

Well it is and it isn't a matter of opinion. It is a matter of opinion because neither of us is going to research facts. If we did though we'd discover i was right!:p Enjoy the game.

research facts i have done by watching many games that Sexton has played in, if you think you are right i have no problem with that, just keep smiling if what i said happens, i will send a large portion of H Pie for you., and yes i will enjoy the game.

Equally? One of the players we are talking about has been the best defensive 10 in world rugby at different periods in his career, the other is RO'G, when talking about defence nothing can be described as equal between those two players.

And in what point of it has anything got to do with defense?
I've noticed you've misread a few things lately just read again and look at actual point made.
And I've never heard of Sexton as the best defensive 10 in world. But it has been noted even within Leinster his tackling technique is poor and needs to change. Not saying anything but literally that is first time I've ever heard that though maybe that never made it outside Dublin.

But anyway read actual point. And I thought I was bad

Last edited:
What i must admit too is debating with the Irish boys is always enjoyable it never gets silly although the banter is still there, shame the lesson could not be learned by more on this forum mentioning no names of course!!! not even one word of bad language i take my hat of to you Irish boys BRAVO!!!!

And in what point of it has anything got to do with defense?
I've noticed you've misread a few things lately just read again and look at actual point made.
And I've never heard of Sexton as the best defensive 10 in world. But it has been noted even within Leinster his tackling technique is poor and needs to change. Not saying anything but literally that is first time I've ever heard that though maybe that never made it outside Dublin.

But anyway read actual point. And I thought I was bad

Tackling has nothing to do with defence, you're right...

Its definitely made it outside Dublin Muff, was widely accepted in 2014 and 2015 before Basteraud headbutting him made Johnny a "bad tackler".

Tackling has nothing to do with defence, you're right...

Its definitely made it outside Dublin Muff, was widely accepted in 2014 and 2015 before Basteraud headbutting him made Johnny a "bad tackler".

As I said. Never heard it. Maybe it has but never heard it in all my travels.

On original. Again Alpha you came and picked moments. Again read original it had nothing to do with tackling. As I said if you want to just puck and choose fair enough but original point was on running at 10s.
As I said thought you'd be bit more knowledgeable
And if you think Sexton best defensive 10 in world fair enough but just I've never ever heard it not even on here in past. Is he? I don't know maybe or maybe not.
On his tackle technique. He stops players yes but as is widely acknowledged even within Leinster its a poor technique that contributes to head injuries and other injuries. Now that doesn't make him poor defensively but again I'm giving facts.
So again I'd ask too maybe read actual original comments before trying to sculpt your own argument.
Did I say ROG was better defensively than Sexton or Sexton poor. Again I'll be happy for you to show me.

Or even what part of Sexton COULD be equally called poor defensively poor for technique is wrong??

Last edited:
Sexton could equally be calked a poor tackler due to his technique but again wouldn't say he fades away

As I said. Never heard it. Maybe it has but never heard it in all my travels.

On original. Again Alpha you came and picked moments. Again read original it had nothing to do with tackling. As I said if you want to just puck and choose fair enough but original point was on running at 10s.
As I said thought you'd be bit more knowledgeable
And if you think Sexton best defensive 10 in world fair enough but just I've never ever heard it not even on here in past. Is he? I don't know maybe or maybe not.
On his tackle technique. He stops players yes but as is widely acknowledged even within Leinster its a poor technique that contributes to head injuries and other injuries. Now that doesn't make him poor defensively but again I'm giving facts.
So again I'd ask too maybe read actual original comments before trying to sculpt your own argument.
Did I say ROG was better defensively than Sexton or Sexton poor. Again I'll be happy for you to show me.

Or even what part of Sexton COULD be equally called poor defensively poor for technique is wrong??

That first sentence Muff, had it said 'Sexton could be called a poor tackler' that's fine, I don't agree but its a matter of opinion. Adding equally makes it a comparison with ROG, if someone said to me that Sexton and ROG were as good as each other at tackling I'd recommend a head examination.

Don't condescend someone when you're ignoring what you said/using adverbs needlessly and incorrectly so they change your point...

without getting into any fights i think calling Sexton one of the best defensive 10's in World rugby is way off the mark, a great player yes but defensive never one of his strong points. this is just a statement and not an opportunity to start brawling.

That first sentence Muff, had it said 'Sexton could be called a poor tackler' that's fine, I don't agree but its a matter of opinion. Adding equally makes it a comparison with ROG, if someone said to me that Sexton and ROG were as good as each other at tackling I'd recommend a head examination.

Don't condescend someone when you're ignoring what you said/using adverbs needlessly and incorrectly so they change your point...

The first part I'm basing on professional opinions that have said it not my personal opinion. You don't agree. Fine but as I said it is a basis someone may call some one a poor defensive player. Equally means yes same but again you've invented where I've said equal tacklers. I simply said it defensively for much different reasons. I know ROG was nowhere near Sexton tackling. But equally that doesnt make Sexton great tackler in terms of technique.

Again second bit think what you want. I didnt condescend anyone just if your going to try argue something at least look at what original point was on. Original comment I can see was on someone running at 10. But again you won't look back. So I will take it you can't answer proper.

Last edited:
Again second bit think what you want. I didnt condescend anyone just if your going to try argue something at least look at what original point was on. Original comment I can see was on someone running at 10. But again you won't look back. So I will take it you can't answer proper.
Direct quote "Sexton could equally be called a poor tackler'. That was what I replied to, that's about nothing other than tackling. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my reading comprehension...

Direct quote "Sexton could equally be called a poor tackler'. That was what I replied to, that's about nothing other than tackling. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my reading comprehension...

And gave my reason attached. Referencing his technique.
Ok. I'll do it easy. How did I say he's equal to ROG.
And just because I said could equally be called a bad tackler doesn't mean same as 2 guys can be poor and not on same.
And hell since you think your so great use fact not opinion seeing as I used facts.

As I said I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong but still haven't seen it. And FYI all comments were dated back to original comment on why guys run at Sexton so thats why I said read that far to get context correct

And gave my reason attached. Referencing his technique.
Ok. I'll do it easy. How did I say he's equal to ROG.
And just because I said could equally be called a bad tackler doesn't mean same as 2 guys can be poor and not on same.
And hell since you think your so great use fact not opinion seeing as I used facts.

As I said I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong but still haven't seen it. And FYI all comments were dated back to original comment on why guys run at Sexton so thats why I said read that far to get context correct

just been loooking through other threads and noticed this by Tigs;

Eddie Jones = The Devil (For making valid points about targeting Sexton etc) so i'm not the only one who thinks this Eddie agrees with me

just been loooking through other threads and noticed this by Tigs;

Eddie Jones = The Devil (For making valid points about targeting Sexton etc) so i'm not the only one who thinks this Eddie agrees with me

I didn't disagree. I think every team tests the opposition 10 and it's like this in my eyes.
Eddie was wrong in way he said it BUT was touching on my point Sexton can tackle. I've no doubt on that but his technique is poor and it's no surprise his history with concussion is linked. And reason it's continued at times is its natural habit he's developed since being a child. And like all of us it's hard to readjust from a way you naturally do something

Remember when Fran Steyn looked like this

francois-steyn-south-africa.jpg

He has really suffered from playing in France IMO.

Latest posts