• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 4 (Castres, Leinster, Montpellier, Northampton)

i can think Sexton may be a marked man tonight, he does not like getting hit too hard, Nadolo will be runnning at him but this will be an ultra tight game what ever happens

When i say running at Sexton i don't mean it in an illegal way i just think if he is hit often ball in hand he seems to take a back foot and kick rather than get on the forward foot to progress. Those days of deliberetly hurting players are over i hope, fast clean and enjoyable is want we want and if Montpellier don't win well all i can say is blame the ref or Well done Leinster.

i can think Sexton may be a marked man tonight, he does not like getting hit too hard, Nadolo will be runnning at him but this will be an ultra tight game what ever happens

What is this based on? I would have thought Sexton is brave to a fault in the tackle. Hardly the actions of a man who "doesn't like getting hit too hard".

Lads Gaston is right in a way. No 10 likes being constantly targeted. Has nothing to do with how well Sexton can tackle or anything.

i'm not saying he is not brave in the tackle from what i have seen is when he is hit often (legally that is) he tends to either get rid of the ball quickly or hoof it, i have seen many of his games Racing, Ireland, and this is the 4th time we have played Leinster.

i'm not saying he is not brave in the tackle from what i have seen is when he is hit often (legally that is) he tends to either get rid of the ball quickly or hoof it, i have seen many of his games Racing, Ireland, and this is the 4th time we have played Leinster.

More vitally how's the Guinness my friend

More vitally how's the Guinness my friend

always better in Ireland the liffey water makes the difference, but still a little overpriced at our Brasserie (club resto and bar) now 10€ a pint which even for you monsterouly rich Irish is just a little over the top, do have a constant suppy of cans at home but not the same.Still praying for either Munster 1/4 this season or pool game next season it has to happen!!!! Then we can share several my friend over a long weekend.

Yeah I mean in general if a ten is getting hammered he'll want to ship it on quickly, but the ten can only really get hammered if his pack is providing him with sloppy ball, so the main thing is seeing how the pack goes. This Leinster pack is very mobile and fit, so I think they'll provide Sexton with a lot of quick ball today. That said it's rugby, things could go another way entirely.
Leisnter's wings are in top form, both very natural attackers, but I think they may still be a bit suspect in defense, so that may be a targeting point for Montpellier if they can get the ball wide that is. The weight difference alone will make it tough for two out and out speedsters.
This is about as good as Leinster have been playing in about 3 years though. Will be a good game, can't wait to watch.

I can't say I see that too often, it happens when the opposition's pack, and backrow in particular, are dominating. I'm really not afraid of that tonight, I think if we play smart rugby with ball in hand we'll build a lead, our backrow and centres are more than good enough in defence to starve your wings of the ball.

always better in Ireland the liffey water makes the difference, but still a little overpriced at our Brasserie (club resto and bar) now 10â'¬ a pint which even for you monsterouly rich Irish is just a little over the top, do have a constant suppy of cans at home but not the same.Still praying for either Munster 1/4 this season or pool game next season it has to happen!!!! Then we can share several my friend over a long weekend.

I'll look after you then and Guinness here is â'¬4.
Ha beat of luck Gaston we will meet eventually

Must say to fair play to Cullen picking the younger guys who are clearly playing the better rugby

Let's not get sidetracked by "Sexton will be targeted" malarkey. The Leinster forwards are streetwise and will dictate the pace of the game and when the ball will be released to Sexton & co. and as such will frustrate the Montpellier players who'll give away penalties, points and territory.

I don't accept that as fact at all. You're describing Ronan O'Gara not Johnny Sexton.

I don't accept that as fact at all. You're describing Ronan O'Gara not Johnny Sexton.

In fairness to ROG he never shyed away. Poor tackler but never shirked so not sure what that point is about.
Big difference between being a poor tackler and whats described.
Sexton could equally be calked a poor tackler due to his technique but again wouldn't say he fades away

everybody has an opinion mine just differs from yours,and nothing to do with ROG, noone is saying he is not a good player that he does not go for his tackles , in my opinion he tends to shy away if he gets hit a few times, as said by MM and others, he is often targeted. We will see tonight how it all pans out and continue tomorrow to find who may be right or wrong. "c'est la vie" !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not get sidetracked by "Sexton will be targeted" malarkey. The Leinster forwards are streetwise and will dictate the pace of the game and when the ball will be released to Sexton & co. and as such will frustrate the Montpellier players who'll give away penalties, points and territory.

not sure i agree with all this, Montpellier have a mountain to climb yes, but upfront they are as streetwise as Leinster and they could well put Leinster on the back front with their upfront power, the rolling mauls are very hard to over come and often result in tries, plus thier scummaging is top notch. I was at training this week and the boys are up for it and want to qualify hence the strongest team possible despite the injuries we have to key players. Could be an ecellent game we have never won in Ireland so maybe time to break the biscuit!!! Guiness ready for the off.!!!

100% agree Gaston. Great to see ye are prepared to go for it.
It's great for competition. Leinster deserve to be favourites due to home game but it'll be simply who turns up

everybody has an opinion mine just differs from yours,and nothing to do with ROG, noone is saying he is not a good player that he does not go for his tackles , in my opinion he tends to shy away if he gets hit a few times, as said by MM and others, he is often targeted. We will see tonight how it all pans out and continue tomorrow to find who may be right or wrong. "c'est la vie" !!!

Well it is and it isn't a matter of opinion. It is a matter of opinion because neither of us is going to research facts. If we did though we'd discover i was right!:p Enjoy the game.