• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

pool of life

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paco1

I read recently that Fiji is at serious risk of withdrawing the RWC because of financial touble. This woul me yhings even easier for Wales to qualify.

We all know that France, Pumas and ireland will play the pool of death. For Wales this would be the pool of life.

Good job, IRB! What´s next , qualify Andorra directly to quarter finals?

If Fiji are out of the pool than that should make Wales + Australia guaranteed Quarter Finalists as Canada and Japan are too weak too trouble them

If Fiji are out of the pool than that should make Wales + Australia guaranteed Quarter Finalists as Canada and Japan are too weak too trouble them [/b]

Wont happen. The IRB wont let it happen, cant let it happen. Figi will play, but they wont have any impact on the tournament. With or without this distraction, they wont have any impact.

Wales may not be the same team that won the grand slam two years ago, but I think they are good enough to beat a lot of teams on their day. I think the home advantage may make a HUGE difference in the big match v's the Aussies (that is in Wales isnt it?).

What´s next , qualify Andorra directly to quarter finals? [/b]

Haha!

Sounds like the Argies may already be getting a little too big for their own boots!

<div class='quotemain'> What´s next , qualify Andorra directly to quarter finals? [/b]

Haha!

Sounds like the Argies may already be getting a little too big for their own boots!
[/b][/quote]

Not at all. Anything could happen with 3 great teams like France, Argentina and Ireland. Which will qualify is uncertain . What it is certain is that Aus and Wales will qualify in group B.

Wales has always been a gifted team. In the 70`s gifted by talented players as Barry john, Gareth Edwards, Phil Bennet, ect. Today gifted by the IRB

Not at all. Anything could happen with 3 great teams like France, Argentina and Ireland. Which will qualify is uncertain . What it is certain is that Aus and Wales will qualify in group B.

Wales has always been a gifted team. In the 70`s gifted by talented players as Barry john, Gareth Edwards, Phil Bennet, ect. Today gifted by the IRB [/b]

I dont see how this has anything to do with the Welsh to be honest. And why isnt anyone mentioning NZ's group? Talk about a walk in the park. There are definately problems with the draw but its hardly a Welsh conspiracy.

I can understand why the Argies are unhappy. The reality is, if they were in a group with Wales or Scotland they would without doubt, fancy their chances to get through (not to say they would get through). As it is, for the second time in two world cups, they will be the underdogs in the group of death.

If the draw system stays the same, were going to have (according to the seeding) either Ireland or Argentina going through the qualifying process and being drawn in another group of death in four years time. The cycle needs to be broken but its not really in anyones interest to do this at the moment. The only teams that have suffered are Ireland and Argentina, the two smaller players on the world scene.

The problem seems to be that all the main unions (the Irish union too) are happy with the status quo cause the chances are they will get a favourable draw one WC after another.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> What´s next , qualify Andorra directly to quarter finals? [/b]

Haha!

[/b][/quote]

Wales has always been a gifted team. In the 70`s gifted by talented players as Barry john, Gareth Edwards, Phil Bennet, ect. Today gifted by the IRB [/b][/quote]

Don't bring me into a slagging match - your rugby nation is in no state to do so.

And your beginning to sound like a broken record: "today gifted by the IRB"??? You unsuccessfully wrote that somewhere else didn't you?

Get off your high horse. If we swapped places, you wouldn't see us having a go at an Argentine conspiracy. We'd be ****** off coz more than likely we wouldn't be getting through to the quarters, unfortunately for you this is the way it's worked out.
Don't take it out on the welsh.

So how about you save your cheap shots and post some constructive thoughts, ok?
I can't i'm appreciating your contributions as of yet.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

Haha!

[/b][/quote]

Wales has always been a gifted team. In the 70`s gifted by talented players as Barry john, Gareth Edwards, Phil Bennet, ect. Today gifted by the IRB [/b][/quote]

Don't bring me into a slagging match - your rugby nation is in no state to do so.

And your beginning to sound like a broken record: "today gifted by the IRB"??? You unsuccessfully wrote that somewhere else didn't you?

Get off your high horse. If we swapped places, you wouldn't see us having a go at an Argentine conspiracy. We'd be ****** off coz more than likely we wouldn't be getting through to the quarters, unfortunately for you this is the way it's worked out.
Don't take it out on the welsh.

So how about you save your cheap shots and post some constructive thoughts, ok?
I can't i'm appreciating your contributions as of yet.
[/b][/quote]

Let`s grow up. I don`t have anything against welsh rugby. But let`s face it: IRB tend tu favour home nations . About what you say of Argentina rugby nation, it`s your opinion; but take a look to the last results of Argentina vs. Wales.
I repeat I have nothing against welsh rugby, in fact i admire it.

Surely the question is, if you didn't put Argentina in that group, which group would they go in? They don't qualify to be one of the two strongest teams in any of the other groups, so are always going to be the 'outside shot' of qualification from one group. Stop moaning about the group that Wales had received, and just support your team.

Surely the question is, if you didn't put Argentina in that group, which group would they go in? They don't qualify to be one of the two strongest teams in any of the other groups, so are always going to be the 'outside shot' of qualification from one group. Stop moaning about the group that Wales had received, and just support your team.
[/b]

Im not moaning. Anyway I will stop mentining wales. If you have any doubts yake a look of the recent results; argentina beat England, wales twaice Scotand many times; Italy, (5 to 1), ect. I indeed think that Pumas qualify to between the 2 strongest teams in a group.

Then that is your opinion, but is obviously not the opinion of the IRB.

Then that is your opinion, but is obviously not the opinion of the IRB.
[/b]

Yes indeed;my opinion based in facts. This is the part i criticize IRB, but I won`t . Facts are too obvious.

So you've beaten England once, Wales twice, and Scotland 'many times'... and these are your 'facts' on which you base your case for Argentina being 'robbed' of an easier group?

So you've beaten England once, Wales twice, and Scotland 'many times'... and these are your 'facts' on which you base your case for Argentina being 'robbed' of an easier group?
[/b]

Go to the international rugby result database in www.plantrugby.com, and take a look if you want to see the results. My memory is not so good. Anyway I didn`t dramatize it so much , is just that there are 3 teams that seem to be better than another one , which is in an easier pool.

[/b]

BESiDES, who are you??? STICK TO BASEBALL

Haha, from the man who is sulking because Argentina didn't get an easy route in the World Cup! Try and make your arguements work before resorting to ranting and calling me a baseball fan (which, as it happens, is the first correct thing you have pointed out)

Edit: This is classic! In another thread, you just posted this:

I would never qualify the best team for matches won or points scored, but for other things, like talent , passion, reaction to bad moments in the game,commitment

[/b]

...err... unless I'm mistaken, wasn't your only reason for Argentina warranting an easy route through to the semi's the fact that they had beaten England once, etc. etc.??

They don't qualify to be one of the two strongest teams in any of the other groups [/b]
I think a lot of people would dissagree with that statement. It times gone past maybe, but now, the rankings are a fairly fair reflection of how talented this Argentinan team is.

its going to be france and ireland who go on from that group

argentina have improved drastically but the big asterisk next to many of their wins goes like this

they werent full strength touring squads that you beat this past summer

i would hardly call a win over an irish squad with f***in jeremy staunton playing fly half full strength :rolleyes:

especially considering one win was a 22-20 win over an irish squad playing paddy wallace, yes paddy wallace the most underacheiving prospect in some time and duffy who the hell is duffy?

Status
Not open for further replies.