• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

post deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

esoj

I have no problem with posts being deleted but I would like to know why and for what reason. I think it was only one of mine I can't tell was deleted from the valetines thread in off topic. I know some it was off topic but the end bit was on topic and I think should have stayed there. instead i comeback to the forum and I am left wondering what is happening. also I point out that once again ripper was at the heart of the problem. and why can he post crap but nobody else. I hope he is getting reprimanded for his actions. becaues to me and others it seems to go one way only.

unless the post was completely pointless it seems to be the practice to send a pm to whomevers post was deleted explaining why, maybe that's not being done but I thought it was the done thing tbh.

weve had this discussion before. if it is deserving of deleting, i dont see why any notivication should be given. if its boarderline, then i think it should be left.

as for you vs ripper, its just another saga to take him down. just like ben has tried to do.

I am sure it is of course :p. I always enter a thread looking to take out ripper :p. my post or posts actually had relevant information to the topic and only one small bit was about ripper.

there is no conspiracy to take down ripper as much as you would like there to be sambad5.

i think there should be a post saying why it was deleted, or else it is just gone and you have no idea why.

honestly i havnt had many posts deleted, i got a pm telling me why and stuff, but i can't remember what i said. i dont remember everything that i say in these forums

Originally posted by Serge@Feb 14 2006, 12:09 AM
Cry me a river.

Its the internet. :rolleyes:
you can keep saying that. but this sort of thing will cause people to leave.

and what is wrong with asking why a perfectly good post gets deleted.

I am sure if your posts got randomly deleted you would say something as well.

this is the internet for sure but some forums are more popular than others for a reason. and it has nothing to do with people saying yes and watching crap fly by without saying something.

I am guessing it its to anyone on the "get rid of ripper campagain" or conspiracy whatever you want to call it.

I think everyone should go the JJ way.

If theres posts in the thread that need deleting, they get deleted, and rather than PMing about it, just a wee reply saying that posts were deleted for spam etc.

I deleted them, I was about to leave a smartarse remark which still included a quote of the way you spelt "Ben" as "Bened" but I had other **** to do, then Desperate Housewives started.

Originally posted by Esoj
I am guessing it its to anyone on the "get rid of ripper campagain" or conspiracy whatever you want to call it.

Im sure you and Air Ben are well on your way to getting me replaced.

Originally posted by Spaz-oj
instead i comeback to the forum and I am left wondering what is happening. also I point out that once again ripper was at the heart of the problem. and why can he post crap but nobody else. I hope he is getting reprimanded for his actions. becaues to me and others it seems to go one way only.

What actions are those? Making you look like an idiot? and I have bee reprimanded, I raised my warning level by 5%.

Warned by Notes
Ripper Warned on Feb 13 2006, 06:12 PM
Added to warn level Off Topic posting and degrading myself by getting into arguements with inferior beings like Esoj  [/b]

of course we are. our only reason for posting on this forum is to get you replaced. I have no concern about rugby at all. I spend most of my time on this forum stirring up crap and making threads like these because i think seeing posts that have on topic material get deleted without warning is a good thing for this forum.

I think all mods should be like ripper the forum would expand in no time without doubt.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 14 2006, 12:43 AM
I think everyone should go the JJ way.

If theres posts in the thread that need deleting, they get deleted, and rather than PMing about it, just a wee reply saying that posts were deleted for spam etc.
yeah I wouldn't mind that. most mods do this but some have their own style. I guess it is freedom of speech or something. it is odd though that my entire post was deleted withouth warning or anything and that it was deleted with ontopic material. that thread is quite funny though now because of the way it has been moderated.

If Ripper is a mod then he is obviousley doing it for some reason...

..If he is blantently rubbish at the job I'm sure he would of been sacked by now...

I doubt it he is one of most respected members on trf remember.

and as sambad5 was implying in the valetines thread it is infact me that is the problem

Ignore Sam, ignore Ripper...and get on with it.

I didn't say Ripper or Sam is the most respected member(s) on this forum, I'm saying they are trying to do their job...if they were not doing it then they would of been sacked ages ago.

We don't get on very well but neither of us can really do anything...

Right Enough is Enough... If you have a complaint to make about a member of staff, please contact a member of the Admin team, and it will be dealt with in an effective and more respectable way...

Therefore this topic is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.