• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pre Season at a different club

Longy98

Academy Player
Weird question but just wanted some advice before I turned up. I played for my uni team and a local club last year that I'll be playing for again when the season starts. I'm home for the summer now and won't be going back for a while. I miss playing and was wondering about going to my local club for pre season, purely so I can keep fit and play some rugby on a weekly basis. I love the game and miss it when I'm not playing.

Do you think they'll mind if I go down purely for pre season if I'm planning on playing elsewhere? Thanks

As long as it is in a different league and you are not going to play against them i don't see why not.

Ask the worse thing they can say is no, but doubt they will If your home is local to this club then i would say they are dicks if they don't let you join them.

Plenty of non-registered players show up to ours and no one has any issue with it, my attitude towards fitness and skills drills has always been the more the merrier.

Just make it clear from the beginning that you don't intend to play for them, don't lead them on.

Or maybe explain you're at uni and volunteer to play when you're back over Xmas etc.

At my club, we have quite a few players that live locally but are away study at uni. They just drop in to the wider squad when they're back from uni etc.

Thanks all. Does anyone know if those student memberships are still an option? I had a look and it says they were only trailed. Basically they allow you to play for two clubs effectively which would be ideal for me.

Latest posts