TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Thought we'd get a pre-season thread going, seeing as the friendlys are happening now and the Superleague is only a few weeks away :D

Crusaders took on Widnes Vikings yesterday,
Interesting matchup considering some think the two sides should switch place, with Crusaders being relegated and Vikings promoted

Crusaders won the match 20 - 12, getting Iestyn Harris' stint as head coach off to the ideal start

Another good bit of news for any Crusaders fans/sympathisers is that Jarrod Sammut has confirmed that he's sticking at Crusaders, after rumours that he's off elsewhere

Can't say I follow Crusaders but being the only Welsh Super League Team I certainly look out for their results. Did Gareth Thomas play? Is Jarrod Sammut any good?

Sammut is, imo, one of Crusaders best players. Usually plays 6 or 7 (standoff or scrumhalf) but also plays wing and fullback

The match wasn't televised, so I'm just going off of match reports, but Alfie didn't play this one. Was surprised at that, as he's been going on about it on twitter a fair bit

Just seen the new Saints away kit, looks tip...........top!
489-99.jpg

Haha, fair point
The new home kit looks much better than last seasons, wasn't a fan of the really thin V

I'm pleased as punch I managed to get last years away kit for £20 a few weeks ago. That'll keep me going for a couple of seasons.

Edit: Thinking about it, the St Helens away kit looks like a Gloucester away shirt!

That is completely rank!

Pictures aren't the best, but the new Crusaders kit looks like one of the plain rugby tops you can get for about £5 for training:
9201.jpg

9180.jpg

Hopefully it's just a stopgap before a new one for the SL

Last edited:
Cant wait for the new season Cas have an improved side this season and have made some solid signings, although i think we will miss westerman and shenton. be interested to see how Isa goes for us as well as some of the youngsters coming through. roll on the magic weekend!

I presume that they wont be the official strips from Kukri, they tend to be quite bust with making kits at this time of year, expect something similar to last season strip to be honest.

that Wigan home kit is awful looks like raspberry ripple! the curse of kooga strikes again see also that orrible Bulls asymetrical disasterpiece

The Willie Mason visa saga continues, reckon he is gonna cause "discipline" issues at the Robins if he ever gets there.

I'm not surprised he's struggled with getting a visa, he's a known troublemaker. Comedy genius could await the nightclubs of Hull. I've got visions of a Matrix Reloaded style fight with Mason as Neo and hundreds of Hull FC fans being swatted away...

yeah he is trouble and no mistake glad we didnt sign him although i am sure he will be a cult favourite at the Robins, wonder how many fights he will get in on and off the pitch.....

Crusaders just beat Catalans Dragons 34 - 22 in Perpignan

Dragons and Crusaders are my two favourite teams, so while I'm glad that Crusaders won and the departure of Noble doesn't seem to have effected them too much (though I guess we'll see properly on the magic weekend) - I'm gutted that Catalans lost :p

Saints play Widnes at Widnes tomorrow. But it's also, temporarily, our home ground. Confusing!

Latest posts