• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predict your team for round 1

S

Southern man

1 Hoeft
2 Vercoe (Oliver)
3 King (On loan from Canterbury) (Hayman)
4 Donnelly
5 Levi (Ryan)
6 Newby ©
7 Blackie
8 Webb
9 Lee
10 Evans
11 Saunders
12 Mapusua
13 Brew
14 Pedersen
15 Horton

16 Macdonald
17 Aldowrth
18 McClintock
19 Soakai
20 Smylie/Morland
21 Bambry
22 Clare

Players in brackets are are the All Blacks, and they would take the mentioned positions.

I think with that squad we should be able to make top four, we had what we were really lacking last year in an attacking first five.

I thought Tuitavake had signed with your lot?

meh

1. Mr. T
2. Whitcombe (Mealamu)
3. White (Afoa)
4. McDonald (Willams)
5. Mika
6. Kaino
7. Braid
8. Collins

9. Devine

10. Lavea
11. Nacewa (Smokin Joe)
12. Wife Basher
13. Atiga
14. Howlett
15. Ward (K)

Damn were f***ed.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 14 2005, 05:31 PM
I thought Tuitavake had signed with your lot?
He still has this year to run on his contract.

And NH would never do us any favours espically seeing the amount of talent we have taken form them over the years, He will be signed for next year though.

Joe McDonnell
Mahonri Scwalger
Nemia Tialata
Ross Kennedy
Ross Filipo
Kristian Ormsby
Ben Herring
Thomas Waldrom

Riki Flutey
Jimmy Gopperth
Hosea Gear
Tane Tuipolotu
Ma'a Nonu
Lome Fa'atau
Shannon Paku

Luke Mahoney
Tim Fairbrother
Luke Andrews
Scott Waldrom
Nigel Hunt
Tamati Ellison
Roy Kinikinilau

If compare Backlines, with the major exception being Fly-Half, Auckland arent exactly that bad...

Nor is our Tight 5 once we get Big Ali and Kevin Mealamu back.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 14 2005, 06:20 PM
Joe McDonnell
Mahonri Scwalger
Nemia Tialata
Ross Kennedy
Ross Filipo
Kristian Ormsby
Ben Herring
Thomas Waldrom

Riki Flutey
Jimmy Gopperth
Hosea Gear
Tane Tuipolotu
Ma'a Nonu
Lome Fa'atau
Shannon Paku

Luke Mahoney
Tim Fairbrother
Luke Andrews
Scott Waldrom
Nigel Hunt
Tamati Ellison
Roy Kinikinilau
Flutey's gooone mate, it'll be Nigel Hunt at half

Can you feel that? Can you feel that?

you could cut the tension in the air in this topic with a knife

Canterbury will still be strong without their All Blacks.

1. ?
2. Flynn
3. Johnstone
4. O'Niel
5. Naupo?
6. Thorne
7. Hopgood
8. Tuiali'i / Broomhall

9. Nutbrown
10. McIntyre
11. Ralph
12. Iggo
13. Laulala
14. Hamilton
15. Blair

Its hard to think of Canterbury players who don't have super 12 contracts. King would be at loosehead but I'm under the impression he is loaned to Otago?

is broomhall still playing in the npc thought he signed for a northern hemisphere team

MMMmmm...

the auckland team....should go alright IF...and it is a big IF......they sort out the tactics and Lam cuts down on the overfreshifying of everything.....like attacking from the ingoal etc is not smart d-head.....
<
....anyway....

White
Some meat axe till Whitcombe rightfully returns to npc where he belongs
some meat till Afoa returns to npc rugby where he belongs (if afoa and white are each in the other position...so be it, switch them in your mind and take deep breaths)
Bradley Mika
Angus MacDonald
Gus Collins (only cos he's captain
<
)
Daniel Braid
Jerome Kaino

Steve Devine

Lavea (the brainless lepar)

Koonwayoo
Tuitupou (not 'the wife basher' as he has a wife, but has not, as I recall, 'bashed' her....I'm not sure if you live in Nicaragua during your free time, but here in NZ we are innocent until proven guilty. It was proven there was only holding off a half dressed woman, not 'bashing'...resolved - thanks.
<
)
Atiga
Nacewa (another brainless lepar)
Ward (thank God)

That Koonwayou didn't play ahead of nacewa in the Lions game is a f***ing tragedy.

Oh yeah...

peace, love and understanding and ****.
<

hes not rated by Los to make the team. I would have howlett in ahead of nacewa or even ward as lavea can kick well enough.

And last years form loosehead from the NPC? No room for Mr T? And you seem to be forgetting that the thug is banned for the first match.

I'd have:
Taumeapou
Telefone
White
Mika
MacDonald
Collins
Braid
Kaino

Devine
Lavea
Ward
G Williams
Atiga
Howlett
Nacewa

With a bench of: Heard, Poching, B Williams, Haui? Baby Mealamu maybe?, Moa, Toe'ava , Koonwaiyou

Although, I have a strange feeling Lam will screw you over by putting Bryce Williams at lock and have MacDonald at 8 with Kaino on the bench. Stupid to make Collins captain.

A what about Waikato? Its hard to think which team they'd select. New coach, no hitouts against the Lions. I don't know if I'd even be able to think of a squad
<

Collins
Linklator
Manu
Gibbes
Hohneck
Messam
Couch
Bates
Duggen? Jeez, is he still there?
Donald
Korovata? I think thats what the fro'd Fijians name was
Hill
Lowen
Anesi
Chrichton

Originally posted by esoj@Jul 20 2005, 10:12 AM
hes not rated by Los to make the team. I would have howlett in ahead of nacewa or even ward as lavea can kick well enough.
LMFAO - Brent Ward would probably make a better Fly Half then Lavea, I still say we have 2 Potential First Fives in Ward and Atiga.

Originally posted by Ripper+Jul 20 2005, 10:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jul 20 2005, 10:35 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Jul 20 2005, 10:12 AM
LMFAO - Brent Ward would probably make a better Fly Half then Lavea, I still say we have 2 Potential First Fives in Ward and Atiga. [/b]
gezz, we getting some out there ideas to replace lavea. i dont think ward has the skills though for 5/8. hes a outside back, needs faster hands.

mabie put collins at 5/8, then we will get a half decent foward pack!

well lavea is not great but hes the best we have. Ward can kick but apart from that not much and i would prefer howlett over him anyday and i would even have nacewa in over ward. The loss of wards kicking will be made up for with the extra skill levels of howlett and nacewa besdies lavea and atiga can both sort of kick alright

Didnt you watch the Auckland v Lions game? Brent Ward is definatly better then Nacewa IMO.

Erics probably hit the Nail on the head with his backline predicition for Auckland, Koon doesnt seem to be a favourite with the Auckland coaches. What happened to Tanivula?

Latest posts