• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round One: W Force v Highlanders

11. Viliame Waqaseduadua

fantastic player to watch live!!!...moneys worth here when hes got ball!!!
[/b]

I hope your boi knows how to tackle

He's playing on DA FORTH

:bleh!:

How can Mitchell not find room for Ioane even on the bench? The bloke is a genuine World Cup prospect.

How can Mitchell not find room for Ioane even on the bench? The bloke is a genuine World Cup prospect.
[/b]

No idea mate

Apparently Haig Sare is one of the most improved players in the squad, he was one of our best in the trials.

Weather forcast for tomorrow is 38 degrees...... it sucks to be a Highlander at the moment.

I'm quite interested to see how the ugly mofo Ryan Cross will go!

Hope the Highlanders win!!!!!!!!!!!

"I hope your boi knows how to tackle

He's playing on DA FORTH"

lol...you should be more worried about your backs trynna tackle him..let alone hes defensive qualities..which served him well for the junior all blacks last year

What a scrapy game this has been, errors all over the place. Cross has looked good though.

8-7 to the Highlanders, a little over 10 minutes left. Can the Force pull this one out of the fire?

The Truth musn't be too happy...

Fulltime at Subiaco Oval

Highlanders 8 (Blackie try; Bruce pen) defeated Force 7 (Hilgendorf; Shepherd conv)

That's a dead set joke. One season and $2 million later and the Force have gone backwards. What a way to repay those 30 odd thousand fans who went to every single loss last year with one of the worst games since the Reds toppled the Sharks 6-5 in Durban three years ago. That is rugby at its absolute worst.

If you can't beat a weak Otago side that has been further weakened with the absence of key All Blacks at home in sweltering heat, who can you beat?

Especially when the ref disallows trys for stupid reasons against Otago. How did the attempted tryscorer pick the ball up and dive over the line if he was off his feet when he picked it up?

There were a thousand other crap reasons to disallow that try. That was just one of the worst!

As for the penalty right near the end awarded by an Aussie touch judge. He came in and said that Soakai (can't spell at this hour sorry) dished out a dangerous off the ball tackle. Which was conspicuous in it's abscence during any replay. The commentators all of a sudden lost their tongues and ummm, errrr.......glossed over it. No reference to it good or bad. Surely there was the usual (perpetual) right to examine and re-examine it to see how fair the call was. Wasn't shown once. Why? It wasn't against a certain Force team.

Farcical. I'm glad the Highlanders won. They didn't really deserve a lot, but at least they prevented a deadset robbery during the last 15 minutes.

If the situation was reversed for Otago at Carisbrook, I'd be all for The Force to win. I'd never want to claim a win in those circumstances.

Those things are not the fault of the Western Force team though however. They were unlucky in many instances.

After watching a good game between the blues and crusaders im a bit dissapointed with the perth game. What a horrid game to watch..... Force forwards got killed at the breakdown and set plays and the highlander defence was pretty awesome.
I dont think Drew Mitchell couldnt have had a worse game ever. Started off bad and continually tried to make amends but only managed to make more mistakes, even leaving us vulnerable at times in the rear while he was trying to get more involved.
After a couple of early mistakes, Henjack pulled off a half decent performance, but is still a little slow at delivering the ball but that may have more to do with getting quality ball out of the scrum or breakdown.
Giteau, staniforth, brown and hardy were the standout players for the force. The backline will take a bit of time to gel but we saw glimpses of potential here or there when mitchell didnt touch the ball. A shame hilgendorff got pulled off as he was pretty dynamic and made a lot of things happen. Hopefully he'll be fine next week.
After seeing 3 kiwi teams play i dont think the loss of the allblacks players for half the season will affect them too much. So much young talent in all their teams are just busting to make a good impression will see the kiwi teams just as hard as ever to beat. If only Oz had depth like that.

hey truth

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

now that was quite pathetic...oh my freakin gosh!...what a bunch of serious losers....that is quite pathetic seeing that the force have a number of wallabies..not just one or two a fair lot of them to boot..and to think that highlanders were not gonna win this...hey i watch alot of npc these guys dont get no shine down here..so yeh 6million dollar man giteau???...i wouldve stripped 4 million and invested in better support players hahahahahahhaha

useless...goodstuff highlanders..great defence and mulipola (bar his mucky hands) is a powerhouse

LMAO i can't believe Clarke got sin binned!!...once again I missed that bit..cos the farce of a game of cricket was still on...what did he do?..did it even warrent a sin binning?

I saw the last 20 or so minutes..

Man you could barely see the lines on the ground!!..if i were the highlanders i'd complain.

This game just highlights the gap between the depth of New Zealand and Australian rugby. I do think the Force have the potential to be a good team, as someone said earlier the backline just needs time to gel.

if thats the case..then aussie rugby is not growing that well at the moment...i mean shux..come on..highlanders???...name the whole team without looking at there squad and see what you comeu p with

its not just names...its the lack of depth that highlanders do have...there management is stupid..they started pulling in loads of players from other provinces YEARS ago and look now??..."we only want players from our province now in this modern game...blah blah..i got my degree in sports management from otago university" ...its stupid..and to think this team should have been one of the regular contenders since the "house of tane" era with all the up and coming stars they had backl then...then they hit the 90s and look up north and see our rugby players and start luring down shiploads of them..and NOW they want to develop there own pronvicial players...stupid in my opinion...but to say that highlights our depth???..then otago would be bottom of the barrel

GO ALLBLACKS!!!!

Wally - I think the problems with the force run much deeper then the failure of the backs. I thought giteau played well and would often find nobody running the line hes expecting. Same with Ryan cross as hes very capable of offloading on a tackle once breaking the defensive line but lacked support and so had to go to ground. All these things are instincts theyll pick up the more they play with each other.
The forwards were pretty bad. the force forwards appeared to walk to every breakdown(minus brown/pocock/hardy) It costed us that josh blackie try when it was just left to mainly the backs to deal with the mauling highlander forwards. Thats why ive never been a fan of Scott Fava and Nathan Sharpe who in my opinion are the laziest in this area of the game and imo are a waste of 2 pretty valuable positions. Why sharpey is still a rated wallaby lock has me perplexed as his only usefulness is in the lineout....and thats pretty much it. They cant just leave it to a couple guys to scrap for the ball and contest the breakdown. i would like to see a loose forward combination of Hodgson at 6, pocock at 7 and brown at number 8. It would mean sacrificing a lineout jumper but at least we might be able to contest and back up when the ball goes to ground. We're also lacking some serious ball runners amongst the forwards to break the defensive lines not to mention offload in the tackles. I dont rate any of the forwards as decent line breakers except for maybe richard brown. IMO they could have done without one of cross or mitchell and should have pursued jone tawake or stephen hoilles instead.

Wally - I think the problems with the force run much deeper then the failure of the backs. I thought giteau played well and would often find nobody running the line hes expecting. Same with Ryan cross as hes very capable of offloading on a tackle once breaking the defensive line but lacked support and so had to go to ground. All these things are instincts theyll pick up the more they play with each other.
The forwards were pretty bad. the force forwards appeared to walk to every breakdown(minus brown/pocock/hardy) It costed us that josh blackie try when it was just left to mainly the backs to deal with the mauling highlander forwards. Thats why ive never been a fan of Scott Fava and Nathan Sharpe who in my opinion are the laziest in this area of the game and imo are a waste of 2 pretty valuable positions. Why sharpey is still a rated wallaby lock has me perplexed as his only usefulness is in the lineout....and thats pretty much it. They cant just leave it to a couple guys to scrap for the ball and contest the breakdown. i would like to see a loose forward combination of Hodgson at 6, pocock at 7 and brown at number 8. It would mean sacrificing a lineout jumper but at least we might be able to contest and back up when the ball goes to ground. We're also lacking some serious ball runners amongst the forwards to break the defensive lines not to mention offload in the tackles. I dont rate any of the forwards as decent line breakers except for maybe richard brown. IMO they could have done without one of cross or mitchell and should have pursued jone tawake or stephen hoilles instead.
[/b]

I didn't say it was soley the backs fault, the whole team performed poorly. There's no excuse for losing games like that really.

Taine Randall was awesome back in the day!!..used to be my favourite rugby player!!

Latest posts