• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predictions

Also I put Scotland's chances of coming Top 2 at 85% if they beat France in the first game.

After thinking over what I said the championship is wide open 5 out of 6 could win it. I don't think anone will win the slam England probably look like the team that will do it but I don,t think they'll beat Ireland as Ireland will be so pumped up for the match against England as it s the first match in Lansdowne. The AI's had less ups than Downs for all teams and I'd hope it is a very intense and hard tournament because it'll have to be with the world cup coming up but right now I'm looking forward to the Heineken fortnight which is more entertaining than the 6nations.

im sorry but it is embarrising for the world number 3 to lose to the world number 8 regardlesl

If you think that, well then I must assume you thought it embarrasing when England lost to scotland in 2008, no?

of the team england fielded against Scotland only 4 make our current starting lineup.
I dont think that the sun shines out of england's Ass but i do think england look like the most dangerous NH team at the mo

I would not have agreed with you before the Wobblies gave the Froggies that right-royal botty-smacking.

Anyway, my predicted finishing order

1. England
2. Scotland
3. France
4. Ireland
5. Wales
6. Italy

Last edited:
Well I have to say you are all quite generous with France, most of you predicting they will finish between 1st and 3rd. If we don't change a lot of things before the 6N it will be a catastrophe. We did have a lot of players missing but that wasn't entirely due to injury (Clerc, Medard, Poitrenaud, Bastareaud, Fritz, Picamoles, ...) and a coach being stupid is not something that necessarily gets better in time.
So since most of you have been relatively kind with us froggies up till now I will be the one to make a bold assumption :

1) England - Grand Slam - The only team that showed 3N-like form if only at times this autumn
2 and 3) Ireland only losing to England and Scotland and Scotland only losing to England and France
4) Wales only winning against Italy and France
5 and 6) Italy only winning against France and France only winning against Scotland

I'll explain the last point: after being harshly criticized for their horrible loss against Australia, the French will play a very angry and physical game against Scotland in the first game of the 6N and thus win. They will then play as schoolboys for the rest of the competition, even losing to Italy.

Last edited:
1. England
2. Ireland
3. Wales
4. France
5. Scotland
6. Italy

I think something like this - First place will be fight between England, Ireland or Wales IMO. Although I think there could be a possible surprise performance from Scotland maybe putting them 2nd / 3rd. Something just tells me we're going to be disappointed by France this year.

Last edited:
1. England
2. Ireland
3. France
4. Scotland
5. Wales
6. Italy

Italy to get wooden spoon, though i reckon they can do Wales this year if they get their game in shape.

Wales i think will continue with their dip in form.

Not sure about France, just have a feeling they may flounder a bit.. but will as ever, **** England right off.

Scotland look to be better than in recent years. I think they may be unlucky this year.

Ireland will be as usual, solid but it will come down to one game and they may bottle it.

England will battle it out with Ireland i'd have thought. But i think England will win, but won't get the Grand Slam.

Ireland or France for me.Although both were pretty poor in Autumn.I think Ireland having O'Connell,O'Leary back as well as the introduction of new players eg Mike Ross and Sean O'Brien will give Ireland a good chance.France also poor in November will put out a starting 15 capable of beating anyone.Wales and England won't be far off but playing Ireland and Wales away will be hard for England and I can't see Wales winning in Paris.A very tight and exciting six nations ahead.

1) France (beating Scotland, England, Italy and Wales)
2 & 3) Scotland (beating Wales, Ireland and Italy) and England (beating Italy, Ireland and Scotland)
4) Wales (beating England and Ireland and possibly Italy)
5) Ireland (beating France and possibly Italy)
6) Italy (will get a draw or better from either Wales or Ireland)

Completely expect Scotland to win all their home matches this year. Robinson's major contribution to Scotland (as it was to Edinburgh) is to instil the belief that they can win in the team and the steel to do so, so I don't expect any of the slips that have marred previous campaigns. Also can't shake the feeling that their going to pick up something away from home this year but fear jinxing it by even allowing myself to think such fanciful things.

1) France (beating Scotland, England, Italy and Wales)
2 & 3) Scotland (beating Wales, Ireland and Italy) and England (beating Italy, Ireland and Scotland)
4) Wales (beating England and Ireland and possibly Italy)
5) Ireland (beating France and possibly Italy)
6) Italy (will get a draw or better from either Wales or Ireland)

Completely expect Scotland to win all their home matches this year.

Have a cold shower min, good things take time ;)

They've had time - I want the good things NOW!!! ;)

If we play Seanie and Mike Ross from the start we could do a slam. If not, it could be a long championship.

Latest posts