• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predictions

Back to the point - Difficult one this year!

1. England - Capable of playing fantastic rugby (still not 100% convinced yet but the ability is certainly there).
2. Scotland - Have become a difficult team to beat, I think they will win all their home games because of this. Will be difficult to get anything away, but not impossible.
3. Wales - Have plenty in attack, and play some really exciting stuff, but seem to struggle to win?
4. France - I'm predicting a poor show from France this year.
5. Ireland - Seem to look better when to old hats are playing, which is kind of a shame really. I think they will play Sexton et al. and suffer for it.
6. Italy - Expect a strong show from Italy but struggle to see them win any games.

I'm making this prediction but I really do think any team can beat any other this year.

First of all England are the better team than us at the moment. Look at the rankings and their performances in the Autumn. To say England have no strength in depth is stupid but to say Lawes is better than a lions captain, Magners league, Heineken cup and grand slam winner is ludicrous. Simply the Irish fans are putting down England and the English fams are putting down Ireland. There is still a long way to go before the 6 nations. I think England were hyped up way to much as usual but Ireland have failed to pick the right players and build the correct team. What I have learned from my years of rugby is its all on the day and anything can happen.

Back to the point - Difficult one this year!

1. England - Capable of playing fantastic rugby (still not 100% convinced yet but the ability is certainly there).
2. Scotland - Have become a difficult team to beat, I think they will win all their home games because of this. Will be difficult to get anything away, but not impossible.
3. Wales - Have plenty in attack, and play some really exciting stuff, but seem to struggle to win?
4. France - I'm predicting a poor show from France this year.
5. Ireland - Seem to look better when to old hats are playing, which is kind of a shame really. I think they will play Sexton et al. and suffer for it.
6. Italy - Expect a strong show from Italy but struggle to see them win any games.

I'm making this prediction but I really do think any team can beat any other this year.

You've raised some good points.. All teams can beat anyone which hopefully will scramble the table up a bit rather than the predicted Wales, England, Ireland and France going after the ***le hopefully Scotland get a shot but I have doubts due to their attack isnt great in terms of try scoring over the autumn.

woo this is turning into the supporters ******* contest we all knew it would.

well here's my view on england vs ireland

Front row:

england dominates and have greater strength in depth

2nd row:
roughly equal with englands new courtney lawes and POC and DOC starting to age a wee bit (a touchy subject with irish fans)

Loose forwards:
ireland probably win here if heaslips on form

9 and 10:
very difficult to call enland certainly have a stronger 9 but sexton is a superior 10 to flood in open play. but then again flood had a slightly better boot than sexton. very close could go either way. mabye england by a hairs breadth but probs just me being biased

centre's:
ireland hands down they have great creativity in O'Driscoll but Tindall, Hape, Bannahan certainly have the power to be a bit of a handfull

back 3:
very close probably equal. expecially since cueto has found his form.

Conclusion:
Ireland will struggle massively in the set piece which will starve the irish backs of quick ball. If ireland are gunna win they must exploit englands weakkness's in the centres e.g tindall's lack of pace, bannhan's retardedness, Hape's shitness.
I think that englands forwards will be to physicall for the irish and that england will starve ireland of possesion. this combined with england's dangerous back 3lads me to this conclusion!!

eng to win by 10

also there is to way in hell Scotland are gunna come 2nd ... 5th is more the mark. i ethey lack flair in attack but their defense is to better 46 points leaked to NZ!!!!!!!!

Meh, who knows? In my mind there are four teams capable of taking the ***le. Wales have alot of quality coming back before the spring, Ireland have a handy draw and are good enough to beat anyone if they can regain a bit of last year's form, England are an improved side (although by how much it still remains to be seen) and France are French. Scotland will finish higher than fifth but won't challenge for the ***le. Not enough scoring power. Italy are still shite. My national pride makes me lean toward Ireland but if I were to be on it I'd go with the French.

All in all there are too many teams of around the same ability to call it.

also there is to way in hell Scotland are gunna come 2nd ... 5th is more the mark. i ethey lack flair in attack but their defense is to better 46 points leaked to NZ!!!!!!!!

How on earth did you get 't' s where 'n' s should be?
Its not like their very close on the keyboard

But to counter your point, wtf has flair got to do with not being able to win the 6N?
You get 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, nothing extra for scoring tries.

Scotland beat the Argies twice in Pumaland, SA and to a lesser extent Ireland without any flair

Now I'm not sayong Scotland are going to do anything miraculous (look at my prediction), but
I fully expect them to irk the f***wits who say it is embarrasing to lose to Scotland

As I see it you have 3 groups:

Ireland, Wales and England are in the best positions at the moment and I can't pick between them.
Scotland and France form a second tier but could/would probably beat the above at home.
Italy will not lose by much but I can't see them winning more than one upset game.

Big buts flying around in any event (especially concerning France; wouldn't be surprised if they ended up tops but they do seem to be off the pace somewhat). A very open and exciting tournament lies ahead I think, even for a neutal.

But to counter your point, wtf has flair got to do with not being able to win the 6N?

Scotland beat the Argies twice in Pumaland, SA and to a lesser extent Ireland without any flair

Now I'm not sayong Scotland are going to do anything miraculous (look at my prediction), but
I fully expect them to irk the f***wits who say it is embarrasing to lose to Scotland
I agree. eot345 thinks the sun shines out of each England players Arse,
Look at last 6N: Look at the Scotland v England score.
Look at the England v Ireland score, then at the Scotland v Ireland score.
Scotland aren't a team to be taken lightly.

Losing to Scotland is very easy to do, especially if Chris Patterson is on the pitch.

For example, if Nigel Owens is officiating and you happen to be English, he'll ping you for any reason he can find (and several he can't) to which the Scottish will build up an unassailable lead, 3 points at a time....

Cynical, moi?

Laugh at this.

So it would appear you are not only basing England on one performance against Aus but also Scotland's defence on one performance against NZ?

Scotland do struggle to score trys, which is a huge problem, but like I said they have become a tough team to beat.

I'm not entirely convinced by Scotland by a long shot, but I'm not overly blown away by any team going into this years six nations. This is why I'm looking forward to it so much!

There is absolutely no reason to think England (or any other team) are obviously streaks ahead of the others (perhaps excluding Italy, who I also think may case a surprise or two).

Scotland have moved forward alot but they still have problems. They don't score enougth tries, 5 in a whole year a none of them at murrayfield (I think). They rely on Parks and other kickers as they havn't got anyone that just simply score tries and they lack strength in depth. Anouther worry is they only have two professional teams that can only draw in 2000 people to watch them play. Plus those teams are hardly competetive. I do think they will be competetive and as a team they have grown. I just think any disruption to their team e.g injuries etc. could completely end their good performances. I do think they have a good set piece but I don't they have the flash to take advantage of that. I'm sure they will prove me wrong.

im sorry but it is embarrising for the world number 3 to lose to the world number 8 regardlesl

Laugh at this.

So it would appear you are not only basing England on one performance against Aus but also Scotland's defence on one performance against NZ?

Scotland do struggle to score trys, which is a huge problem, but like I said they have become a tough team to beat.

I'm not entirely convinced by Scotland by a long shot, but I'm not overly blown away by any team going into this years six nations. This is why I'm looking forward to it so much!

There is absolutely no reason to think England (or any other team) are obviously streaks ahead of the others (perhaps excluding Italy, who I also think may case a surprise or two).
Im basing my opinion of england and all other teams on how they have played over the last 8 or 9 games and their injury list. Scotland do not look as good a team as France england or ireland.

as for scotland being a tough team to beat... i doubt NZ thought so

Im basing my opinion of england and all other teams on how they have played over the last 8 or 9 games and their injury list. Scotland do not look as good a team as France england or ireland.

as for scotland being a tough team to beat... i doubt NZ thought so
England certainly thought so,
So did Argentina, Samoa, South Africa and Ireland!

I agree. eot345 thinks the sun shines out of each England players Arse,
Look at last 6N: Look at the Scotland v England score.
Look at the England v Ireland score, then at the Scotland v Ireland score.
Scotland aren't a team to be taken lightly.

of the team england fielded against Scotland only 4 make our current starting lineup.
I dont think that the sun shines out of england's Ass but i do think england look like the most dangerous NH team at the mo

Well to be honest, I doubt New Zealand think anybody is hard to beat with the team they have!

Well to be honest, I doubt New Zealand think anybody is hard to beat with the team they have!

Wrong thread I think mate.

Edit: my bad, just realised where that posts was aimed.....

Last edited:
This next round of H Cup will help give light to what might happen in the 6N. I think Scotland do have a chance at getting in the top 3. But if they lose a couple of their Forwards to injury, especially the 3 B's and 1 V, we are F***. They are a crucial part to the team and always seem to put in top notch performances when wearing the Scotland kit.

Latest posts