• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Prem 2015/16 - Players to watch

Auterac is a loose head, isn't he? :huh:
Why would he be competing against Wilson?
I get really really confused with props remembering if they looseys or tightys....yeah he's a loose head so yeah he's not really competiting with anyone and spent most of last season against Paul James who started off well and then was pants (it happened to our entire front row it started off with James-Webber-Wilson and they destroyed all then forgot how to do any of it).

Great player - clearly a phenomenal athlete, sound technically.

He and Catt are a LH one-two that I'm very happy with, not to mention the potential of Obano as a third choice backup.

Paul James was a penalty machine. Can't say I rated him... I like our fatties not that they are fatties anymore... Apart from Moose all pretty young...

Kvesic has good potential but had been part of an under performing Glaws pack. I'd like to see him brought into the England squad and given a genuine run.

Will Fraser and Wallace at Quins also have potential.
I'm not a massive fan of Wallace- he'll struggle to hold spot at Quins this season with everyone else fit.
For me, Hill (young Norts TH) has massive potential and hopefully will be rotated round for some game time this season. Glouc fans should be massively excited about Protheroe (young Beauden Barritt type player).
Slade should be spending a lot more time at fly half this season with Campagnaro at 13.. not sure how I feel about that tbh.
The battle for the number 6 and 7 England shirts should be intense early in the season with everyone trying to make a statement, I've got:
Itoje, Ewers, Clifford, Robshaw, Hask, Wood (in order of preference) at 6
and Kvesic, Fraser, Clifford and Clarke at 7 (throw in Hankin as wild card).

9 and 12 shirts should be up for graps too imo (Youngs is such a flake)

soo excited for it all to start (secretly prefer Prem to the WC)

Last edited:
Another Bath who may be in his boom or bust season is Chris Cook. Started well last year then faded a touch, but has a strong around game.

He is one of three decent 9's at Bath this year. Hoping he kicks on.

How is Slade's kicking? Is it good enough to push Stenson who is a machine with the boot.

Also prefer AP to RWC...

Great player - clearly a phenomenal athlete, sound technically.

He and Catt are a LH one-two that I'm very happy with, not to mention the potential of Obano as a third choice backup.

I think that's the big thing Rats.

Sometimes when you have a young lad so strong ( I believe he is already quite a way the strongest in the Bath squad) they don't have the technique.

If Auterac can have a decent technique to go with that strength and size...then he could be a really fearsome prospect at LH.

Last edited:
For Northampton, 2012 World Rugby Junior Player of the Year nominee JJ Hanrahan. I'll certainly be watching his development closely.

Thought Cook looked alright last season but are there any other promising, young English scrum halves coming through in the AP?

Robson formerly of Glos, now with the roaches and Stuart Townsend with the Chiefs.
Spencer with Sarries, too.

Jeff Williams has gone pretty well with Bath in the preseason from what I can tell.

Last edited:
Can they pass from a breakdown without taking several steps before releasing?

Tough to say for Sale - most of our youngsters have a decent amount of premiership experience because of our terrible record of injuries.
I'm looking forward to seeing how Beaumont and Haley go, and whether they can continue their (steep) upward curve and avoid the dreaded second-season-slump.
Would also love Addison to have an un-injured season (Taylor too) and Addison to accept that he's infinitely better on the wing than at centre.

Hopefully James Mitchell can get some game time - been name dropped by Peel, Cusiter and Stringer (which is a pretty impressive bunch) as being a real talent. Should get game time in the Amlin cup, hopefully a decent amount in the premiership too.

Hopefully James Mitchell can get some game time - been name dropped by Peel, Cusiter and Stringer (which is a pretty impressive bunch) as being a real talent. Should get game time in the Amlin cup, hopefully a decent amount in the premiership too.

Looked pretty **** in the JWC.

Looked pretty **** in the JWC.
Completely agree - I'm hoping they're seeing something we're not.

Looked outstanding in the 7s, but 7s ain't 15s.
Just got to wait and see. Northampton Saints tried to sign him so they've obviously seen something in his play at age-grade/'A' club level.

It happens.

True that - some people just don't step up until they're a bit older. They've obviously seen something in training, and Cus/Strings/Peel are three of the best 9s, for their countries, of the pro era, so I'm going to stick all of my faith and hopes in their judgement :lol:

Have we got any Worcester fans on here? I'd be keen to hear their opinion on Darren O'Shea. Looking forward to seeing up against his former team mate Hanrahan on friday :)

I can't think of a single age grade 9 I've liked going maybe all the way back to Sam Harrison, but most of them have been hugely rated and we're seeing some of them like Chris Cook and Dan Robson become really fine players - so I'll guess Mitchell will turn out good in time.

Tough to say for Sale - most of our youngsters have a decent amount of premiership experience because of our terrible record of injuries.
I'm looking forward to seeing how Beaumont and Haley go, and whether they can continue their (steep) upward curve and avoid the dreaded second-season-slump.
Would also love Addison to have an un-injured season (Taylor too) and Addison to accept that he's infinitely better on the wing than at centre.

Whats the thoughts on your hooker Taylor. Didn't he used to be an Openside who's moved?

Latest posts