• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership 2007 - 2008 thread

Not surprising really, has there even been a decent game between these teams since Mourinho took over?

LIVERPOOL!

That 3rd week in May was the worst week of my life, both my teams lost (in a tragic fashion) in prestigious finals.

Sharks Forever. You'll Never Walk Alone.

Well, we're underway with Sunderland vs Spurs getting us off for the season.

Unbelievable - Sunderland beat Spurs 1-0 with the very last kick of the game.

That shows we've got a set of balls. It's not very often we've recovered from a blow like that so quickly and so emphatically. We've had to get ourselves back in the game there with no time left at all. It was a very, very good result for us to get full stop, let alone after being pegged back so undeservedly.

I am slightly concerned that we were hanging on at the end when we should have steamrollered them but the sharpness is going to come. Villa are whinging about the refereeing at the end. It was a foul. It just is! It was a bodycheck and he left the leg stuck out, it's a foul. And it was great to see it fly into the top corner like that as well.

It was no more than we deserved after total dominance for 90 minutes. Villa are seriously poor and they are going to be mid table mediocrity again in my view. I hope so anyway. I can't stand Martin O'Neill. Aided by the hapless Petrov, we took a stranglehold on the game from about the 15 minute mark and we ran them ragged all the way up until half time. Torres should have scored but at least we didn't regret it. He looked sharp enough. The goals will come. Kuyt did well to get back in there and Laursen rifled it in. No idea what he was thinking, but I'll get over it.

The second half was more even but we did well enough to cope with the pressure Villa exerted. Carra defended brilliantly - I don't care if he gave the penalty away, his defending was top notch and he was my man of the match. Only Young looked like he would give problems and we had our hands full.

Babel came on for Pennant (before he got sent off!) and looked very, very dangerous with a mixture of pace, strength and a direct attitude. I've had my doubts about him so far. I was very impressed today, I thought he was excellent when he came on.

The Villa goal was a penalty - no arguments from me. It's unfortunate but it's a penalty. It sums Villa up really - scrappy and fortunate. That nasty diver Barry, who I now have no respect for, slotted it away and it looked like another 2 points dropped against an abject team, but thankfully Gerrard pulled it out the hat.

It wasn't always great but it's a win and we needed that badly. On to Toulouse, where we need a good strong performance.

Riley is a scouser in disguise but regardless of his biased decisions the best team would of won anyway. Villa never looked like scoring whereas it could of come from anywhere with Liverpool.

Babel and Torres looked sharp, Gerrard was nowhere till the goal, Kuyt was a workhorse as usual and Sissoko made me laugh. Like you said only Young was ever troubling the defense. I dont understand how they cant find Carew's head coz whenever he got space Reina had to work.

Villa are whinging about the refereeing at the end. It was a foul. It just is! It was a bodycheck and he left the leg stuck out, it's a foul. And it was great to see it fly into the top corner like that as well.
[/b]

It was nothing like a foul. Alan 'Liverpool' Hansen says the ref got it wrong. Great freekick but Villa could feel a little hard done by. Liverpool definately need to sharpen up if they are going to pose any sort of realistic challenge to the top two though, hardly a resounding win, relying on an own goal and a dodgy decision to beat mid-table fodder.

Was very pleased with City though. Sven's new signings look the business and with young guys like Richards and Onuaha playing really well things are at least looking promising.

Having seen the incident from a different angle it wasn't a foul. Petrov intended to obstruct but was lucky his trailing leg got the ball. No tears from me though, karma for Barry's pathetic dive.

Riley is a scouser in disguise but regardless of his biased decisions the best team would of won anyway. Villa never looked like scoring whereas it could of come from anywhere with Liverpool.

Babel and Torres looked sharp, Gerrard was nowhere till the goal, Kuyt was a workhorse as usual and Sissoko made me laugh. Like you said only Young was ever troubling the defense. I dont understand how they cant find Carew's head coz whenever he got space Reina had to work. [/b]

Gerrard was immense all game....

And as for calling Riley a Scouser in disguise, that's the most laughable comment I have seen on this board. This is the same man who gave Manchester United 7 penalties in 4 home games a few years ago. This is the same man who has been spotted at a service station after the FA Cup final this year wearing a Manchester United scarf.

And as for calling Riley a Scouser in disguise, that's the most laughable comment I have seen on this board. This is the same man who gave Manchester United 7 penalties in 4 home games a few years ago.

[/b]

Just a star-truck top-4er then?

I'd just say a Manchester United fan myself. [/b]

Ducks the controversy by siding with the media darling big clubs. Give Chelsea a penalty, no comebacks...Give a minnow one against at somewhere like Anfield, never hear the last of it.

The big fours managers have too much of a mouthpiece nowadays. Their every word is hung upon.

Besides I'm sure Allaardyce and his dodgy dealings will come back to bite him in the ass plus a 3-1 win over a truly pathetic looking Bolton outfit is hardly cause for celebration.

Latest posts