• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Cup 21/22

Irish have 10 EQP in their 23.....

How do they avoid any criticism compared to Sale or Tigers with the South Africans
Fair point, considering that 23 is missing Creevy, Hoskins, Coleman, Phipps and Rowe who are also regular members of their side.

I think the fact that they've had a fairly steady supply of really promising English talent coming from their academy changes the optics and creates a bit of a false narrative.

TBH i understand that teams want to win but half of Irish's side would be regulars in their starting XV and Wuss pretty much are!

Can you imagine a few years ago players such as Simmons or Jackson or 2x British & Irish Lions for Wuss playing in a prem cup?

Neither of them really has anything else to play for though.

Every season teams go full strength because the cup is worth a surprising amount of money (I think the cash prize is more than the challenge cup?) in the final, and every season people complain
Can you imagine a few years ago players such as Simmons or Jackson or 2x British & Irish Lions for Wuss playing in a prem cup?
I mean the last final was:

Botta, Baldwin, Kerrod, Lamb, Lewies, Robshaw, Evans, Care, Smith, Morris, Northmore, Marchant, Earle, Brown
Elia, Thomas, Louw, Young, Dombrandt, Landajo, Esterhuizen, Lang

vs

Oosthuizen, Langdon, Cooper-Woolley, Wiese, Du Preez, Ross, Curry, Du Preez, Cliff, Du Preez, Yarde, Van Rensburg, James, Solomona, Hammersley
van der Merwe, Morozov, John, Philips, Curry, de Klerk, MacGinty, Tuilagi

Ironically the last team to put out a proper 2nd string in the final was Saracens in one of their salary cap breaking years, and they got pumped by Saints 1sts

Good, entertaining game so far.

Some nice moments from Arundell and Joseph, but so far, the best young English talent on display is Fin Smith who is having a great game.

Eddie is there and Smith might be playing his way into the England squad for the Barbarians game?

I mean isn't Smith basically the only English option left at 10 outside Bailey? Marcus Smith, Ford and Farrell too good to play v Barbarians especially after the playoffs

I mean isn't Smith basically the only English option left at 10 outside Bailey? Marcus Smith, Ford and Farrell too good to play v Barbarians especially after the playoffs
Umaga?

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

Smith has done really well in a poor Worcester side all season. He's definitely a better player than Bailey IMO.

Arundell doing a good Jonny May Impression, more horizontal metres than towards the tryline

Like he thinks he has to score a winder try every game.
He will be a marked man now

Excited to see Loaders back, reckon he could have a part in future of English wingers.
Yeah. Definitely looked like he was trying too hard.

In other news, Lawrence has looked pretty good since he came on.