• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Cup 21/22

Beeb: "In Coventry, Mehson was the star for Wasps as they ran in six tries to dismantle Saracens, but they need a very unlikely set of results in Wednesday's matches to have a chance of progress."

So I had a look at what it actually is - for Wasps to get through they need Newcastle to lose by 31+ points and Gloucester to lose by 102+ points.

Would be quite the event.

Going into this Leicester just needed one home win from 3 to qualify and 2 results are currently going their way, so looking good.

Needed a favour from Northampton in the end but got through

Semis are Gloucester v Worcester and London Irish v Leicester.

Yeah, was close at the end. Newcastle got 4 tries, but not the win.

At least we have a home game against Worcester this season then!

They definitely need to make the whole of this tournament a midweek one rather than just the last few rounds

Beeb: "In Coventry, Mehson was the star for Wasps as they ran in six tries to dismantle Saracens, but they need a very unlikely set of results in Wednesday's matches to have a chance of progress."

So I had a look at what it actually is - for Wasps to get through they need Newcastle to lose by 31+ points and Gloucester to lose by 102+ points.

Would be quite the event.
so your saying there's a chance.....

Weirdly might be a better front row than we played against Quins. Rest of the pack very green though, and the whole bench.

Not surprised looking at the Irish team. Realistically it's their only chance of silverware so no surprise they are taking it more seriously than Leicester, but disappointing that they are sticking to the spirit of the competition.

Not exactly Irish's first team or anything, though, is it?

Worcester are the ones who have gone all out

Not exactly Irish's first team or anything, though, is it?

Worcester are the ones who have gone all out
Irish had a fair few who regularly feature in their senior 23 including Rona and Tuisue who are often in the starting XV. Tigers only really had JvP who is a fairly regular starter and a few others like Whitcombe and Hegarty who quite often make the match day squads. Quite a big difference I'd say.

Arundell looked excellent. I was excited to see Will Joseph but aside from his late try, he didn't really catch the eye.

Re. Worcester, there's no way the likes of DvdM should be playing in this competition. :rolleyes:

Irish had a fair few who regularly feature in their senior 23 including Rona and Tuisue who are often in the starting XV. Tigers only really had JvP who is a fairly regular starter and a few others like Whitcombe and Hegarty who quite often make the match day squads. Quite a big difference I'd say.
So you agree it isn't their first team, then?
I'm not saying the teams are equal, just this isn't Irish going full force

Can only really complain about "the spirit of the comp" when you're putting out a side like Gloucester did vs Bath in rd1 when they put 80 on a bunch toddlers and celebrated like they'd won the world cup

Hadn't planned to watch Gloucester vs. Worcester but it's actually been a decent watch. Gloucester's kids given Worcester's 1.5s a good game.

Always been the way when the foreign contingent are from multiple places rather than just one
Seen Bristol fans chirping about Sale ruining the game when their side is more like a UN meeting than a West Country club

Latest posts