• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 18/19 - Rd 11

I know you like Diamond, but he was in the wrong in that situation.
Meh, this guy is a prick. After his whole article trashing out coaching staff and club I'm not surprised he got called on it.
It was inevitable and what he wanted.

I've got no love for journos of his ilk regardless of whether they're having a pop at someone/something I like or not.
He was there in an official capacity to cover the game, his only tweet was having a pop at our coaches, and he didn't write a report or anything. Literally just there to grind his axe.

Aye, I'm not fan of Haskell but seems silly binning him for an overpaid merc, at this point.

Both academy lads who offered to take a pay cut to stay at their boyhood club, both released for big name players failing to deliver.

Live and learn!

Most successful club teams have a solid core of exactly that type of player (Sarries, Exeter, Leinster). I was so ****** off when we let Banahan leave over a few quid for exactly that reason.

Stade Francais scrumhalf got banned for spitting at Strings a few years back, I'll try find the ban length

Edit:
14 weeks! Reduced from 6 months!
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/apr/11/jerome-fillol-banned-spitting-bath
That's the same as eye gouging, that is ******* ludicrous! Rage is on point, bans in rugby are insanely inconsistent.

Shed load of laws and precedents cover the spitting issue would be a bore to list but entry is 6 max at 18 ,for me far worse than most acts of foul play.
I'm not a Wasps fan I'm not a Welshman its just below p#@$ing on someone. No that is sterile so it's worse.

Shed load of laws and precedents cover the spitting issue would be a bore to list but entry is 6 max at 18 ,for me far worse than most acts of foul play.
I'm not a Wasps fan I'm not a Welshman its just below p#@$ing on someone. No that is sterile so it's worse.

It's 4 LE, 8 MR and 12 TE with a max of 52 weeks according to the most up to date referenace I can find which came in to force in January 2018 (https://www.englandrugby.com/mm/Doc...RFURegulation19Appendix22017-2018_English.pdf). Presumably this will count as low end and receive a reduction as he once stroked a dog and used to send his mother flowers, despite the fact that he has previously had a ban reduced from 12 weeks to 6 for kicking London Welsh's Mike Denbee in the head!

Ward has always come across like an idiot, but a ban equivalent to contact with the eyes is crazy!

It's 4 LE, 8 MR and 12 TE with a max of 52 weeks according to the most up to date referenace I can find which came in to force in January 2018 (https://www.englandrugby.com/mm/Doc...RFURegulation19Appendix22017-2018_English.pdf). Presumably this will count as low end and receive a reduction as he once stroked a dog and used to send his mother flowers, despite the fact that he has previously had a ban reduced from 12 weeks to 6 for kicking London Welsh's Mike Denbee in the head!
Yep my bad was looking at older sanctions, 100% agree will no doubt be saying I just coughed and it came out.
Taking cream cakes to disciplinary hearing along with his 88 yr old granny who will say he is a good boy really.

Is the spitting really that cut and dried? I've watched the video several times and it looks like spray as he shouts rather than deliberately spitting IMO.

If he did spit, there's no excuse whatsoever and I'd have no issue with a lengthy ban, but I'm not wholly convinced he did.

The 'stamp' was a wind-up rather than outright vicious. The neck roll was far worse IMO. All di%k moves mind.

Professional keyboard finds out his actions have consequences.

Considering he instantly went on Twitter and started crying about the whole thing he's definitely the aggressor in this situation.

Argument for penalty try there.
Hand that stopped Louw from scoring was definitely on the ground, definitely in front for the line, and definitely offside.

The penalty offence definitely prevented the try being scored

That's now 2 tries by Bath chalked of despite Leicester infringements preventing them...

That one could so easily have been the TBP secured.

Bit of a knock-on by Underhill, now I'll count it as balancing out.
2 wrongly denied, 2 wrongly allowed

Latest posts