• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 18/19 - Rd 22

Big fan of kvesic and how hes turned around his whole round game since joining chiefs but no he's no where near curry.

Dombrandt? What constitutes a turn over as i csnt see him as much of a jackler

Kvesic has turned more into an 8 anyway. Dombrandt definitely one for the future and had a great season.

Is there a massive quality difference between the Curry boys?

Is there a massive quality difference between the Curry boys?
Not really,
One is a bit of a bigger hitter and one is a bit better at the breakdown (they said that's how they evolved playing in the same backrow as kids, one would hit the other straight in on the jackle) but I can't even remember which way round it is

Ben's had a massive season, and was voted players player at the sale end of season awards

I think the overall picture for our back row options is looking pretty good for the next few years.

Injury permitting, the likes of the Curry twins, Underhill, Willis, Mercer, Dombrandt and Hill will be around for a good while. They're all very good players already and some of them could be frighteningly good in a couple of years' time.

From Fissler on twitter:
Tigers boss Geordan Murphy to face two RFU charges of verbal abuse of a match official and a failure to respect the authority of match officials against Bath last weekend.

I'm fairly sure Ben's the physical one and Tom's the jackler, but it's marginal. Both are excellent though and honestly, if EJ didn't seem to have 0 interest of including him in squads, I'd have Ben at 6 over Underhill. Underhill's a hell of a hitter but both Currys are far superior all round players.

That said, if he can develop well then Ted Hill should be at 6, and it shouldn't take him too long to get to the standard. He's got everything you could want from a 6; massive hitter, seriously strong ball carrier, good lineout option and good work rate.

From Fissler on twitter:
Tigers boss Geordan Murphy to face two RFU charges of verbal abuse of a match official and a failure to respect the authority of match officials against Bath last weekend.

TBH my views on respect towards refs has been lacking.
RFU should start paying them more and holding them more accountable in return.

Nice to see Murphy is still passionate about Tigers.

One mans passion is another mans being a bit of a ***.

Tigers do seem to have a way of find them ;)

One mans passion is another mans being a bit of a ***.

Tigers do seem to have a way of find them ;)
Reading this as a Sale fan
WGzrllu.jpg

I'm fairly sure Ben's the physical one and Tom's the jackler, but it's marginal. Both are excellent though and honestly, if EJ didn't seem to have 0 interest of including him in squads, I'd have Ben at 6 over Underhill. Underhill's a hell of a hitter but both Currys are far superior all round players.

That said, if he can develop well then Ted Hill should be at 6, and it shouldn't take him too long to get to the standard. He's got everything you could want from a 6; massive hitter, seriously strong ball carrier, good lineout option and good work rate.

Yeah. Hill looks like he could be the real deal.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jack Willis back next season. As much as I've enjoyed watching the Currys develop this season, Willis is the player that has excited me most in recent times. He was an absolute animal at the breakdown before his injury and is a good carrier too. He has it in him to be the best of the bunch IMO, which is a good statement in itself considering how good Tom Curry in particular has been for England.

Exciting, barmy/mad season and somehow we are in the playoffs. Genuinely no idea how, but can't complain.
Quins threw it away.

On a positive note, we went toe to toe with Chiefs in that first half and looked impressive. This pleased me greatly, but we're still ******** in defence and I can't see that changing in one week.
I guess the old play-off addage "you never know on the day" is all us Saints boys are clinging to atm. Delighted to even be here and will be a good day out on the **** down in Devon any way.

Quins did throw it away - actually more accurately, we kicked it away (poorly) and you guys got the win that made all the difference.

I'm pleased for Saints and I think Boyd has done a cracking job. Full credit to him for blooding the youngsters and playing heads-up rugby. Aside from my objection to a side in third or fourth winning the league (I'd still think it was unfair if it were Quins), I would much prefer to see Saints or Gloucester winning ahead of Saracens or Chiefs.

From Fissler:
Geordan Murphy banned for first three meaningful games of next season, fined £1,500, must write a personal letter of apology to Sean Davey and to all Leicester players and officials apologising making it clear that match official abuse are inconsistent with the values of the game

Surprisingly harsh

As he said during a mid game interview a few weeks ago
"My days of being allowed to talk to referees are long gone"

From Fissler:
Geordan Murphy banned for first three meaningful games of next season, fined £1,500, must write a personal letter of apology to Sean Davey and to all Leicester players and officials apologising making it clear that match official abuse are inconsistent with the values of the game

Surprisingly harsh

By meaningful it means the first three prem cup games.

The letter seems a bit childish though.

Latest posts