• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - Rd 16

Of all the times for your groin to go: defending as last man against your closest prem rivals in a 1 score game has got to be one of the worst

What a game! They must be aching after that it was physical fast and brutal at times. That was a good game for a nutral never mind a chiefs fan

Did not expect that. Massive performance.

Nor me, great game. Massive statement to Bears with 2nd team, with 2 starting debuts and a 35 & 36 year old in backs.
Hodge looks exciting prospect,i like his confidence, and SHC will be pushing Maunder hard for starting place

Sale looked much improved fair play, think they were lucky to not concede a penalty try and yellow around 30, pretty blatant given the distant that drive went, one day Wasps will accept they can't always play fast and lose and will develop and use a more tactical game.

Im loving the 5M tap and go. Its as if Chiefs go, right everyone kicks penalties for points so we will kick to the corner, everone would kick to the corner 5m out so we will tap and go.

5m out is hard to defend and rather than a reset lineout and pressure throw we just keep knocking the door down and atracking with wave after wave until something gives, and chances are in the waves a player will have been to eager and given away a penalty.

Im loving the 5M tap and go. Its as if Chiefs go, right everyone kicks penalties for points so we will kick to the corner, everone would kick to the corner 5m out so we will tap and go.

5m out is hard to defend and rather than a reset lineout and pressure throw we just keep knocking the door down and atracking with wave after wave until something gives, and chances are in the waves a player will have been to eager and given away a penalty.
Indeed not to mention Exe strike rate in close quarters from pick and drive is second to none so really is probably the best option.

Exeter 5m out with the ball:

tenor.png

Leicester's discipline still top notch. Leicester have always reminded me of England when they gave away a ridiculous number of penalties about 10-15 years ago and have never actually stopped. Just far too many easy and silly penalties that allow teams back into a game.

Considering how many top level players there have been with the surname Ioane you would have thought a professional commentator would be able to pronounce it ffs

That's not too clever these days.

Double tackle on Mercer, legs go above the horizontal, lands on head/shoulder.

Nothing malicious, but yellow every day, red on a bad one.

Yellow today

Didn't really think there was a lift in that, Harrison bundling in simply spun him over his shoulder. Still a bit reckless but harsh on tonks really.

Didn't really think there was a lift in that, Harrison bundling in simply spun him over his shoulder. Still a bit reckless but harsh on tonks really.
I disagree.
There was nothing malicious, but Zach's hips end up higher than they started. For me, that's a lift.
Any lift with a landing like that is a card. Red would have been (massively) harsh, but I don't see yellow as harsh - not the last 4 -5 years or so.
Zach goes off for the inevitable HIA

ETA - or do you mean harsh on Tonks that Harrison flew in?

I disagree.
There was nothing malicious, but Zach's hips end up higher than they started. For me, that's a lift.
Any lift with a landing like that is a card. Red would have been (massively) harsh, but I don't see yellow as harsh - not the last 4 -5 years or so.
Zach goes off for the inevitable HIA

ETA - or do you mean harsh on Tonks that Harrison flew in?

Harsh on Tonks that Harrison flew in as I'm certain it would have been a completely legal tackle had Harrison not barrelled in and flung Mercer over his shoulder. He gets the yellow but really Harrison was the most guilty party.

Also don't rate Redpath, he's consistently doing things wrong and putting the rest of the team under pressure. There he trapped our own player in a ruck he couldn't win so we conceded a penalty. He doesn't come across as particularly aware of what is going on.

Lol thinks that Saints should turn the screw whilst Bath are down a man.
Could have sworn Tonks plays for Northampton.

Fair enough.

Redpath's young, I always cut a little slack for that sort of thing. It does show why Matavesi's the better choice to play 10 though (though I would have liked to see Bailey on the bench)

Last edited:
Quite honestly, I didn't expect it to be all level at HT.
That 2nd 20 was all Northampton, and it just feels like you're ready to stick a couple of quick tries on us.
Part of me wants to just hold on until the cavalry arrives, part of me rather we kept them wrapped in cotton wool

Latest posts