• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 15

How the **** did we win that?!

I think that shows the mindset change in the side recently - no way we would've won that a few months ago

Ashman was quality off the bench - really hope we don't lose him to a Scottish side
Solid debut for Raf de Quirke as well - his box kicking surprised me with how good it was, and his pass is excellent
I don't want to take anything away from sale but a better more in form side I suspect would have capitalised going for 3 all the time was a big negative given the circumstances a hell of a game from sale though

I don't want to take anything away from sale but a better more in form side I suspect would have capitalised going for 3 all the time was a big negative given the circumstances a hell of a game from sale though
Oh aye,
Wasps leaders on the field **** the bed big time - I mentioned above, but when we were down to 13 it looked like Wasps were the ones trying to kill the clock, not us
Considering the backs they had on the pitch, and the game they can play, not keeping it hand was madness

I said it last season and ill say it again I think sale are probably the only pack that can match a full strength Exe pack

I'm not so sure - our pack (when everyone is fit) is very good, but our discipline is shocking
After that Bristol win a few weeks ago I think that on our day we can grind down any side and win an arm wrestle, but give Chiefs 14 penalties and 4 yellow cards (like today) and the game will be wrapped up in half an hour

Our scrum is nothing special, as well
Rodd is very promising, but is insanely green for a prop (he's still technically in the academy, despite being first choice), Harrison is a shadow of his former self since his latest injury, unfortunately. I rate Morozov though - looking forward to him coming back from international duty (think he's in quarantine at the moment?)
Our only reliable tighthead is WGJ, and he's leaving

When that game went down to 13 men i thought here we go this is going to be the Odogwu show. I was wrong.

I'm not so sure - our pack (when everyone is fit) is very good, but our discipline is shocking
After that Bristol win a few weeks ago I think that on our day we can grind down any side and win an arm wrestle, but give Chiefs 14 penalties and 4 yellow cards (like today) and the game will be wrapped up in half an hour

Our scrum is nothing special, as well
Rodd is very promising, but is insanely green for a prop (he's still technically in the academy, despite being first choice), Harrison is a shadow of his former self since his latest injury, unfortunately. I rate Morozov though - looking forward to him coming back from international duty (think he's in quarantine at the moment?)
Our only reliable tighthead is WGJ, and he's leaving
Just feels like the Sale pack has the minerals across it to compete with anyone, Exe are defiantly beatable despite being consistently excellent, I guess I am trying to say they have a rare and gritty toughness that when not getting pinged off the park is hard to live with and just feels like if Sale pack play their best and Exe does there would be little in it, where as most packs just can't live with Exe physically, hopefully that makes sense to some.

Wasps just look lost on confidence, every decision we make is poor and we keep playing the wrong type of rugby.

Since the european break/postponement we look terrible.

Wasps just look lost on confidence, every decision we make is poor and we keep playing the wrong type of rugby.

Since the european break/postponement we look terrible.
Agreed I kept telling myself that it was largely down to Robson's absence, after yesterday it's hard to say although I suppose you can't expect an instant turn around next game.

Poor from the TMO, surely any of those tackles should be checked and if we're going for consistency it had to be checked.

Funny game this.
You could argue Tigers should be ahead by more, but also that Falcons are unlucky to not be on the board.

Latest posts