• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 15

Newcastle have to get a card soon, whether or not all the penalties are justified.

Took me ages to realise what they were actually looking at then - thought it was just the dummy runner colliding with the defence closer to the ball carrier, but that final angle shower how blatant/pointless/dumb it was

Took me ages to realise what they were actually looking at then - thought it was just the dummy runner colliding with the defence closer to the ball carrier, but that final angle shower how blatant/pointless/dumb it was
Just not needed and with about 5 minutes to go it wouldn't have much of an effect. Why are some players just so dumb?

Genge just keeps getting himself involved in ****le... He's got to get his aggression under control at some point or it will be too much of a liability. Sinckler to a degree has learned to deal better with people trying to wind him up but Genge seems to be getting worse if anything.

TBF it was Welsh who was the angriest, and it didn't have any effect on the game

Aye Genge has a target on his back now.
The press headlines will always be Genge involved etc.

Even if it isn't him that started anything.
Not the worst thing honestly, the good thing about this OTT usage of TMO is that referee bias v players can be mitigated.

More worrying for me is his form has dropped off a cliff.

This is scary

Also notice how Kelly was in a England shirt.... Take that Ireland

He looks a good young centre, potential for the next England squad instead of playing for another country... maybe Eddie will pick him and keep him in a hotel for 6 weeks.... SOUND LIKE ANYONE YOU KNOW EDDIE??

But in all serious he was good yesterday and has been in most games i've watched him in. The pool of talented players coming through at the moment for England is quite something so surely any touring team to USA/Canada should be a young talented squad.

Interestingly Jamie Roberts had a really good view on the squad on rugby pass if anyone has seen. Nothing new in terms of information but was interesting seeing a currently playing player call out and say England looked to comfy in their shirts.

Agreed I kept telling myself that it was largely down to Robson's absence, after yesterday it's hard to say although I suppose you can't expect an instant turn around next game.
The more and more i've watched us, the more i compare us to England. We found a niche in the way we were playing rugby and now we have lost it and some of our players just aren't hitting the quality they had 12 months ago.

Granted the loss of form players such as Launchbury, Robson, Alfie, Jack, Paolo, Fekitoa etc at times has really hindered us in making good strides but we keep playing a style that isn't working and Lee needs to realise this.

When we were getting turnover after turnover with Jack and were able to fling it about we were excellent but now we seem to rush decisions and kick too much (poorly i might add) with huge amounts of penalties being given away. Players who were on form 12 months ago looking nothing like they do now and one after another give penalty after penalty away. Players such as Gaskell, Brookes. Taylor, McIntyre etc haven't looked at the races and players keep making simple mistakes. The concerning thing is unlike last season Lee hasn't given youth much of a look in even though there is no relegation.

We also have a 10 short of confidence (Umaga), an extremely young 10 (Atkinson), two injured starting flyhalves/2nd playermaker (Sops/Mills) and a not-so-green Jimmy. Wasps have always operated with two playmakers to take pressure off 10 and keep running rugby going and fluid. with Minozzi/Miller at 15 and Le Boug/tired Gops at 12, we just don't have the ability to play like we usually do. We need that playmaking 12 back to give us options or a 15 that can do the same.

Look at Tigers, Saints, Quins and even Wuss to an extent.

Tigers (Kelly, Martin, Henderson, Chessum, Steward, Van Poortvliet, Potter, Porter, Heyes, Reffell)
Quins (Murley, Green, Northmore, Smith)
Saints (Sleightholme, Furbank, Dingwall, Painter,Grayson, Freeman)

All come through giving Youth a chance, either because the main squad weren't doing it or that they had injuries. I would just love to have seen what Simmonds, Spink, Sirker etc could have done.

Just out of curiosity guys, how good has Paddy Jackson looked this season?

Pretty good, tbf

Not good enough that he's kicking down Farrell Senior's door to play for Ireland again, but he's part of a very exciting backline for Irish

He's getting Loader, Parton and OHC on the ball regularly which is a big bonus. you almost forget they have Naholo to come back

Latest posts