• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 2018/19 Round 6

I agree with Ugo there, if they are clearly going over and Bath give away a penalty it's a penalty try. No point asking 'any reason' in that circumstance.

How is that not driving early by Exeter? Walked forward a good metre before the ball went in. Getting the rub of the green so badly.

How is that not driving early by Exeter? Walked forward a good metre before the ball went in. Getting the rub of the green so badly.

I was thinking that too personally. Exeter really got the rub of the green there.

I noticed that Harry Mallinder appears to have grown up a bit and got some stubble. Still has a face you want to punch though.

Edit: I take back everything I said about Healey being a great pundit. His praise of Mallinder has undone everything.

And that's why as a Tiger's fan, I don't want Cole in the England set up. For all the good he does, he gives away such silly penalties and free kicks in stupid places.

These commentators are hard for Mallinder... He's done standard full back work, nothing outstanding. Looks weak when running for a guy who's 6ft 5 and 17 stone. Some good kicks tho...

Might even have to start a #hardformallinder tag

He's just one of those players who gets praised to the high heavens for doing the basics, it nearly always seems to be the son of someone prominent... Mallinder is the next Farrell. Difference is Farrell has actually become a decent player but a few years ago he was pretty average yet was the "iceman" and all that other crap.

It's the age old debate, he tries to hit it up, but never really had a chance of regathering. He also stopped a line break. The biggest issue is if you say say anyone hitting up can't get a card, then more players will try to hit it up without any real attempt to regather, without worrying about the risk of a card.

Edit: Personally that was just a penalty for me, but I also can see how the ref has got to a yellow card and it's a case of giving the ref the opportunity to card you. You only have yourself to blame if you know they can interpret it that way.

I don't entirely know the letter of the law but in order to give a penalty doesn't it have to be deliberate in which case it's a yellow or just a knock on, this is my understanding not stating as a fact.

I don't see it as a yellow but can see how the refs reached that descision, trouble is you will see far worse let go througout the season which to some degree is where ref interperitation is a bad thing, you are far less likely to get consistency across the board. I do think the prem refs do a pretty good job on the whole.

Does anyone find that Exeter more than any other team in the prem seem to get away with clearing out diving in off their feet into rucks, could just be me but they seem to do it constantly and very rarely get done for it.

Aye, Chiefs get away with murder from the refs, have done for ages.

Much needed win, Rohan got a decent amount of game time under his belt, and a good try. JOC also made an appearance and put in some nice touches.
Tom Curry was excellent, he's such a strong tackler considering he's not the biggest flanker in the world - can stop huge players in full flight dead in their tracks.

I don't entirely know the letter of the law but in order to give a penalty doesn't it have to be deliberate in which case it's a yellow or just a knock on, this is my understanding not stating as a fact.

I don't see it as a yellow but can see how the refs reached that descision, trouble is you will see far worse let go througout the season which to some degree is where ref interperitation is a bad thing, you are far less likely to get consistency across the board. I do think the prem refs do a pretty good job on the whole.

Does anyone find that Exeter more than any other team in the prem seem to get away with clearing out diving in off their feet into rucks, could just be me but they seem to do it constantly and very rarely get done for it.

Good point about Exeter. I can't remember where, but I'm sure I read or saw something that highlighted how reffed differently to the rest of the world and as long as players are allowed to dive off their feet like that to clear out, players in England won't develop the right technique to jackal when playing internationally or the right technique to clear out a ruck and not get penalised.

Good point about Exeter. I can't remember where, but I'm sure I read or saw something that highlighted how reffed differently to the rest of the world and as long as players are allowed to dive off their feet like that to clear out, players in England won't develop the right technique to jackal when playing internationally or the right technique to clear out a ruck and not get penalised.

Couldn't agree more on England players and technique, if that was the main cause of our recent problems it wouldn't be too... hard to fix, but the main issue as I see it is they are too damn slow to the breakdown to resource it properly either giving up passesion via turn over or by penalty or shovelling **** slow ball, which is then compounded by a 10 that is simply incapable of performing on the back foot.

Murphy reckons 3-4 weeks so that's 3-4 months in non Leicester talk.

You know what happened with Yarde?
Not 100%
Looked to be a bad knee dislocation and the associated tearings
Was in serious pain, even when he was being stretchered off with gas and air he was screaming and writhing

His leg got trapped and had three people's weight bending it 90degrees the wrong way

Player out cold after a head collision to the knee.

I think if WR want to stop head injuries, forcing players lower and lower is going to have the opposite effect. Head collisions with a knee cause far more serious head injuries than high tackles.

Latest posts