• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 2018/19 Round 6

Earle just showed how average Mallinder's sliding pick up was earlier.

Sinckler and Marler also joining Cole in the stupid play department.

Did something happen before the Sarries-Quins game? The attitude feels more heated than usual.

Nothing more than beating them last 3 times here I think. New question, if the ref says the ball is out and Brown is going to pick it up, if a Sarries player clears him out, surely that's tackling him off the ball as he's not part of the ruck?

Got to admire that from Billy. Doesn't waste everyone's time with his honesty.
Sinckler is such a prick

The comparison between the 2 attitude in as many minutes is quite telling. Sinckler has a good future but has got to sort out his attitude, he's the sort of guy that could get penalties reversed if he doesn't pipe down.

The comparison between the 2 attitude in as many minutes is quite telling. Sinckler has a good future but has got to sort out his attitude, he's the sort of guy that could get penalties reversed if he doesn't pipe down.

I remember when EJ said he wanted aggression from England when he first started, but too many of our aggressive players do stupid things that give away avoidable penalties. We need players who play aggressively, but in a controlled way. Pearce has already penalised Harlequins for back chat at a scrum, with Sinckler and Marler on the field they could give more away.

I reckon Harlequins were a bit hard done by there. Plenty of other refs who would have blown quicker when they had their hands on the ball in the ruck. Luke Pearce giving Saracens an age to compete at the break down.

WTF Marchant, how good was that...

Also after about 10 replays Dallaglio still couldn't tell the difference between Joe Marchant and Alofa Alofa. That includes a shot of Marchant grinning, where they say look how big a grin he has...

Marchant try was insane, seen so many bouncing off the posts but never held up in the wind and scored, my question ref was asking if he caught it over the line or not? Whats the rule on that?

Cares intercept was brilliant too.

people say billy is is one dimensional but his workrate today was so impressive and he carries hard, if he can stay.fit England really need him. He deserved MOTM today.

Surely the only line that matters is the dead ball line. When a kick is missed but lands in the try zone, players still have to dot it down for a 22. If you were kicking from open play you can catch over the try line.

I thought he was asking to make sure it hadn't gone over the posts and then been blown back out

I thought he was asking to make sure it hadn't gone over the posts and then been blown back out

Speaking of which what does happen if the ball is kicked through the posts but then caught on the other side and put down for a try?

Speaking of which what does happen if the ball is kicked through the posts but then caught on the other side and put down for a try?

I imagine the kick takes priority as the ball is dead when it passes through the posts and the team gets 3 points. I think Luke Pearce needed to have a quick think about if the ball if doesn't pass through the posts, but crosses the try line. However when a defending player catches it, they have to put it down for a 22 drop out, or they can actually start running as soon as they catch it, so the ball is not dead, and so the try can be scored.

I think the main issue is just that it surprised everyone and so Luke Pearce need a few moments to get his head around what had happened.

Pretty sure it's just the 3pts - the act of crossing the bar is what scores the points, not it landing on the other side

Latest posts