• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 13

Thought since he landed on head it had to be mid range
Could it get mitigated to low range because of Simmonds involvement? I really dont know how the system works fully but if Simmonds or Hepburn had gone for that clearout alone i doubt it would have ended in a even a pen.

I watched for it after the incident and so .any clearouts were similar but only 1 player and the player is rolled onto their back essentially.

Panel chair, Charles Cuthbert said: "The player accepted that he had committed an act of foul play and that the act merited the award of a red card.

"The panel agreed with the submissions of both the club and the RFU that the appropriate entry point was low end.

"Allowing 50 percent mitigation on the basis of his acceptance of the charge, his clean record and his engagement with the process, the panel imposed a 3-week suspension which means the player is free to play on 1st February."

Will be interesting to read the RFU document to see how they justify it being low end - I thought the whole thing with the new anti-head injury drive was that they punish on outcome not intent (hence so many reds for accidental contact at rucks etc.), and he definitely got his head buried in the turf

Will be interesting to read the RFU document to see how they justify it being low end - I thought the whole thing with the new anti-head injury drive was that they punish on outcome not intent (hence so many reds for accidental contact at rucks etc.), and he definitely got his head buried in the turf
Dropped directly on top of head = low end?

Tf...

Latest posts