• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 26

Meanwhile Bath manage to not live up to even the low expectations I had of them for the final game. The fact hooper is still there after overseeing the worst season in baths history is shocking...

Nice to end the season with a win and end up unbeaten at home. Need to take that form and get to the final. Despite an excellent record I think any of the top 4 could win the ***le this year.

Well schoolboy rugby at times at the Gardens.
We are going to need to score shed loads next week against tigers because are defence is so up and down.
Live in hope as always Tigers maybe due a s#@tshow.

I had to chuckle at some of the comments on other pages about the Saracens team selection today, even when the sides were announced I knew Northampton would still get 4th since they had Newcastle at home (no disrespect meant to Falcons fans).

On a separate note can we bring relegation back now ;)

From 11th to 5th, that's a big jump in one season. :cool:

1654388867178.png
Kudos Cherry and Whites!

Last edited:
Suffering a red wine hangover...I still ask the question (which ive asked for several years now)..what do the falcons actually do in training?

We HAVE some good players...they look like they've never trained together and have no plan at all...

I only pray this has been down to Dean and not to Walder the current head coach taking over the head coach role.

And Easter should give back the salary he's been collecting as Defence Coach...

Bath head coach Neal Hatley told BBC Radio Bristol:

"It's devastating. To be 19-10 going in, you just couldn't see them coming back into the game. We were destroying them at scrum time, our drive was all over them and we were dealing with them comfortably.

"It was just our discipline. There was a 14-point swing on the card. Our discipline let them back into the game and I think the most frustrating thing is we talked about it at half-time but the players haven't delivered it. It's hard to take.

"Our players sparked some moments where we looked unbelievably good but then we just unravel everything with poor discipline.

"It's horrific, not just for me but the players and the club. We're so much better than that but you get what you deserve in the game and the season."

Well when your discipline has been atrocious all season and you do nothing about it, what do you expect?

"you just couldn't see them coming back into the game."

Despite the fact Bath have repeatedly let sides back into the game from even bigger deficits before... The half time implosion is well documented.

Also, Worcester were already leading by the card, so that excuse is crap too.

Also, Worcester were already leading by the card, so that excuse is crap too.
Not really.
Discipline is about far, far more than the number of cards received.

Bath are incredibly mentally fragile; and their discipline goes to pot the moment anything goes against them (whether the bounce of a ball, good play by the opponent, a scrum decision going against them...). Equally, a piece of luck or personal brilliance can rebuild that discipline again, but only until the next things goes against (This was mostly provided by Nathan Hughes during his couple of months)
Not in that they keep giving away card offences, but in that they lost track of each other, don't TCUP, stop tracking opponents, forget the gameplan etc etc etc. Basically, they stop playing as a team, and start playing as a collection of individuals, and lose the ability to read a play (including their own) and act accordingly.

Not really.
Discipline is about far, far more than the number of cards received.

Bath are incredibly mentally fragile; and their discipline goes to pot the moment anything goes against them (whether the bounce of a ball, good play by the opponent, a scrum decision going against them...). Equally, a piece of luck or personal brilliance can rebuild that discipline again, but only until the next things goes against (This was mostly provided by Nathan Hughes during his couple of months)
Not in that they keep giving away card offences, but in that they lost track of each other, don't TCUP, stop tracking opponents, forget the gameplan etc etc etc. Basically, they stop playing as a team, and start playing as a collection of individuals, and lose the ability to read a play (including their own) and act accordingly.
Tbh you're kind of agreeing with me. I agree with his point about discipline, but his mentioning the card is a load of crap.

"There was a 14-point swing on the card."

At that point Worcester were 31-27 up and in full momentum. Yes it didn't help, but implying that Worcester took advantage of the card is doing a disservice to Worcester.

Suffering a red wine hangover...I still ask the question (which ive asked for several years now)..what do the falcons actually do in training?

We HAVE some good players...they look like they've never trained together and have no plan at all...

I only pray this has been down to Dean and not to Walder the current head coach taking over the head coach role.

And Easter should give back the salary he's been collecting as Defence Coach...
Wait, you have a defence coach? Really?